Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Helping Hands

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

I missed seeing missions. And of course Archer somehow gets into the compound faster than Lana and Cyril. It's weird seeing Cyril as a (somewhat) competent field agent, but he's still Cyril so he's still a dweeb. I also loved that Pam and Krieger had their own Tactilenecks. It's been a long few seasons, I forgot how unsuited they were to being field agents. RIP Krieger's van. Again.

Of course Cheryl gets turned on by choking on shellfish. Dealer's choice on Epi Pens. Classic her. Speaking of classic, loved the return of the voicemail troll.

Loved that every single item in that safe was a trap. And man, I wish Archer stuck with Hands. I was liking their chemistry. But seeing him in the Exo suit was awesome.

So we finally know what happened to AJ: She's at a Swiss boarding school.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6

My fear for every episode this season:

Lana: Okay, all we need to do is keep this china shop intact for five more minutes.

Cyril: Hey, we've been doing this for the past three years. How can we fai-

Archer: (crashing around, obviously drunk) MOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Hey, Lana! Ya got a cape? Or how 'bout some udders?!? Because I knows ya wanna Franz this Ferdinand!! TAKE ME OUT!!!! (collapses on shards of broken china, none of which cut his face)

Lana: (sighing, facepalming) God. Dammit.

Cyril: (rolled into fetal position, sobbing like a baby, reverting back to the wuss we all know)

I mean, it is funny. Malory has to deal with Original Recipe Cheryl and the elaborate voice mail pranks. Krieger loses another van. Archer acts like a prick and gets away with it for the most part. But I fear that might get stale over time. For me, this is more concern than complaint.

We see why Pam and Krieger aren't used primarily in the field. I think Cyril can dodge bullets better than Krieger.

I liked Hands, and that exoskeleton was sweet. We might have found Archer's next conquest.

37 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

So we finally know what happened to AJ: She's at a Swiss boarding school.

What is she? Four years old? Five? Isn't that a little LOT young to be sent away?

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

What is she? Four years old? Five? Isn't that a little LOT young to be sent away?

And Archer is pretty justified to be pissed at Lana about that, considering his own experience with boarding school.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

Yeah, I heard boarding school and thought, well, Lana is officially Mallory 30 years ago. I don't even really care for A.J. as a character and I still want an episode of Archer extracting her from the boarding school, because no matter what Lana says about this being best for her, it stinks of "child does not fit into new life with new husband".

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

RIP Kriegers van. Again. 

I missed mission episodes, they always take so many ridiculous turns, so it was fun to get one again, even though I am curious if they are going to keep the "everyone is doing ok then Archer screws everything up and everyone regresses" story going. I do like that Archer isn't just back and everything is like it was, him being around again is still awkward and kind of weird. 

So now we are also reminded why Pam and Krieger dont do a lot of field work, even if they did bring their turtlenecks. 

I am sure that the school AJ was sent to is nice, but isn't she still really little? Did Lana really just want to get rid of her now that she has a new husband? She did see how things went for Archer after he went to boarding school right? Like, she has met the guy before?

Archer also asked "I'm I still in a coma?"

The revolving Woodhouses makes me think of Murphy Brown.

Does Kreiger have a different virtual girlfriend? I was so happy to see her again but what was up with her? She looked like that Sarah Michelle Geller movie.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I am sure that the school AJ was sent to is nice, but isn't she still really little? Did Lana really just want to get rid of her now that she has a new husband? She did see how things went for Archer after he went to boarding school right? Like, she has met the guy before?

My prediction was that it was New Husband's idea.

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

My prediction was that it was New Husband's idea.

Wasn't Lana all hung home about getting AJ into that Prep School in the Archer P.I. Season?  I think AJ is way too young to be sent away to boarding school and I can see it being revealed that it was the Husband's idea (especially if they insist on putting Lana/Archer together). However, I can also see it being Lana's idea, especially having a super rich husband.

I liked this one, Hands' underground lair was a dream. I did have one brief moment of panic that we really are being teased and, this is another coma dream.

On 9/24/2020 at 8:33 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Wasn't Lana all hung home about getting AJ into that Prep School in the Archer P.I. Season?  I think AJ is way too young to be sent away to boarding school and I can see it being revealed that it was the Husband's idea (especially if they insist on putting Lana/Archer together). However, I can also see it being Lana's idea, especially having a super rich husband.

I completely forgot about that!

During the AJ Prep School Debate Archer definitely said she was two at the time. That makes her at most six in the show's timeframe (or more likely five, the same age as Archer was when Malory sent him off, IIRC). That is waaaaay too young to send a kid off to boarding school, especially one in a different country. I cannot think of any quality of education that could make up for not being around loving parents at that age.

But then again, I've started to think that Lana is deliberately being set up as a Mallory-in-the-making. She wants Mallory's job, has dated the son Mallory is alarmingly close to (and honestly both relationships seem fairly similar. A lot of yelling), and now has found a reason to not raise her child herself like Mallory did.

Did anyone else catch the coma-references on the shelves in Hands' booby trap? Krieger even reads them off: a phaser, coconut radio, fedora, cursed idol, mysterious floating cube. Space, Danger Island, Dreamland, Danger Island, Space. And all of them are representative of something in Hands' life...WHAT IF SHE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE COMA. Like, maybe she experimented on Archer and directed his dreams? I hope it's not a massive clue that this season too is a coma, but I doubt the showrunners would try something like that.

Actually, maybe they would, if this season isn't successful. They could use it as an excuse to turn back the clock and say the coma was actually only a week long so all the characters would reset.

Edited by PinkRibbons
2 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

Did anyone else catch the coma-references on the shelves in Hands' booby trap? Krieger even reads them off: a phaser, coconut radio, fedora, cursed idol, mysterious floating cube. Space, Danger Island, Dreamland, Danger Island, Space.

That's what set me off thinking this was still Coma Archer. I'm not ruling out the season ending being Archer waking up real and this season was a fake out. Or Archer dying for real and, we find out this season was a the final company dream. I really, really hope they don't do that.

2 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

But then again, I've started to think that Lana is deliberately being set up as a Mallory-in-the-making

Your entire post made me think about how last season ended with Archer waking up and Mallory talking about her it's their story, a (sort of) love story. In this episode we even had Archer standing Mallory up on a "date".  I cans we them highlighting and juxtaposing the Archer/Mallory and Archer/Lana relationships.

I can also see Lana being or becoming the new Mallory.

• Love 2

I already asked last week about him still being in a coma. I'm fine if that happens. 

The last two missions I did defend Archer. I don't think the missions going sideways were really good fault. 

I can't really here. He did set off the countermeasures and didn't have the heat suit. 

The boarding school was cold though. 

Anyone think it was weird that Hands said, 'Boosh?' 

Edited by DoctorAtomic