Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E.04: Monday - The Mother

• Start Topic

Winter. Helen surprises her two daughters, Tallulah and Ellie, with a trip to Osea Island for Ellie's birthday. After finding that the cottage she booked is suspiciously no longer available, Helen scours the island for a place to stay, but finds resistance at every turn.

Airdate 10.05.2020

Did everyone leave? Just me here? 

I guessed who Helen might be fairly early on, but it was still a nice little twist. Much like Jude, I kept yelling at her to just get the eff outa there, but of course, no. I like Naomie Harris, and the 2 girls are good too. 

I have no idea wtf is happening on OSea now, but it sure doesn't look as if jude's presence has helped matters any. 

• Love 6

I'm still here! I knew she had to be connected to him somehow ,nice turn that she is his wife. The girls are adorable but I worry for them especially the teenager since she was about the same age as the girl who died on the altar. Why didn't they leave right away when they had the chance? Who would want to hang around on this creepy island (the unfriendly people, the obscene paintings all around town)? I still think the pub owners wife is running the show. Guess I shall ride it out and see where it all ends.(Somehow I don't feel it will be a happy ending)

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

Why didn't they leave right away when they had the chance? Who would want to hang around on this creepy island (the unfriendly people, the obscene paintings all around town)?

I'm wondering if she went out there to look for her husband.  Didn't Jude tell her (or someone) on the phone last episode that he was in Osea?

I'm unclear on the timeline, though.  I have no idea how long Jude has been missing.  Nor what his name is on the show, apparently, lol.

• Love 4

It just gets creepier. The painted signs were awful. 

She has to be on a mission to find her husband, not sure though why she dragged the kids along. 

I thought she shut the ipad in the glove box? Also, I thought the island lacked cell service? How'd gran's call get through?

• Love 1

I guess Helen got her husbands survival instinct, because man does this family not know when to cut and run when they're ahead. Helen literally ignored the literal sign telling her to turn back! At least the twist explained why she was so insistent on staying despite how creepy and unfriendly this place obviously is, and while I suspected what was going on pretty quickly, it was still a good twist and explained a lot about her behavior throughout the episode, especially her freaking out about the one guy talking to her older daughter. After what happened to their son no wonder she gets so freaked out about her kids talking to strangers. 

Creepy episode, and the girls are really cute, I am already concerned for them. Considering the lengths the cult went to to get Sam's son, I am sure they will want his other kids too. 

• Love 5

I was annoyed the whole time that all these new characters were introduced--not just the mother and daughters but new island-dwellers, as if we needed more of those weirdos. Then they finally went to the inn/pub and blam, we find out who the woman and kids are. Y'all are smarter than I am, 'cause I didn't see it coming.

I was screaming inside my heart the whole time for them to leave. Creepy-ass sigils and people telling me something "bad" has gone down that day? You don't have to tell me twice.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 3

Wow, that old Karen commenting on the kids' skin tones. Way to fling your racism right out there.

FFS, while Helen and her kids were snooping around letting their curiosity get the best of them, their window of opportunity to get off the island was rapidly disappearing. I can't believe Helen was so stupid to put her kids in danger like that.

WHAAAAT!?!? They're Sam's wife and kids? Oooohhhhh! Oy, maybe Helen should've left the kids at home while she came to look for Sam. They're likely going to see and learn some things that will traumatize them for a long time if not life.

• Love 3
On 10/10/2020 at 12:51 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, that old Karen commenting on the kids' skin tones. Way to fling your racism right out there 

I think that was a hint that the father was white, and the girls were related to original leader.   

I confess. I paid so little attention to the fact that there were more than three days in a mini-series entitled The Third Day that I thought it was the second season. If only. Instead, we get The. World's. Stupidest. Parents.

Hey, Mom, instead of dragging your daughters around what instantly read as a shithole island, how about hiring a private detective to track down Jude, The Dumb Dude? They could have cast Tennant or someone like that. Oh well. I bought the ticket, taking the ride.

• Love 1
On 10/6/2020 at 12:55 PM, Maisiesmom said:

I'm still here! I knew she had to be connected to him somehow ,nice turn that she is his wife. The girls are adorable but I worry for them especially the teenager since she was about the same age as the girl who died on the altar. Why didn't they leave right away when they had the chance? Who would want to hang around on this creepy island (the unfriendly people, the obscene paintings all around town)? I still think the pub owners wife is running the show. Guess I shall ride it out and see where it all ends.(Somehow I don't feel it will be a happy ending)

On 10/7/2020 at 5:04 PM, tennisgurl said:

I guess Helen got her husbands survival instinct, because man does this family not know when to cut and run when they're ahead. Helen literally ignored the literal sign telling her to turn back! At least the twist explained why she was so insistent on staying despite how creepy and unfriendly this place obviously is, and while I suspected what was going on pretty quickly, it was still a good twist and explained a lot about her behavior throughout the episode, especially her freaking out about the one guy talking to her older daughter. After what happened to their son no wonder she gets so freaked out about her kids talking to strangers. 

Creepy episode, and the girls are really cute, I am already concerned for them. Considering the lengths the cult went to to get Sam's son, I am sure they will want his other kids too. 

The girls are adorable.

You know you need to get the Hell out when racism is the kindest explanation for the weirdness happening on the island.