Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Twitch & Shout

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, opus said:

Didn’t air on the east coast due to long running NASCAR.

Didn't air in the Midwest either, due to the same long-running NASCAR show which is obviously more important than anything else on earth.

• Love 1

Pretty decent game, with a lots of ups and downs for both teams, ending up surprisingly close.

I expected D'Arcy to be teamed up with Yvette for the last round (despite one big early blunder).  She's definitely first pick for the basketball team. Can't help but think that might have let to a better result, but it's hard to tell who was to blame. Is the the first time Yvette played a final round and didn't get to ten points?

• Love 1

After getting shut out in the wrong lyrics game (I think), Yvette seemed a bit off the rest of the night. I was kind of surprised.

D'Arcy definitely redeemed her early round bungles (giving away Ted Danson before the other team answered) with her ace performance with the ball toss. That single-handedly won it for her team. She seemed pretty happy with the choice of Eliza for the last round. 

Eliza seemed to do pretty well in the final round. She seemed to have a good sense of when to pass rather than keep throwing out clues (maybe even a little too quick to pass on one or two instances). Not sure about her Jennifer Love Hewitt clues though. Is she really known for her cleavage? Especially to a guy who was giddy over meeting Dolly Parton?

• Love 2

As God is my witness, I thought that Ted Danson portrait was Jeff Goldblum.  Great episode otherwise. 😉

Like Yvette, I didn't do well in the singing round, so I felt close to my idol.  I guess every legend needs the exception to prove the rule!

• Love 2
On 7/7/2020 at 4:03 PM, dmeets said:

After getting shut out in the wrong lyrics game (I think), Yvette seemed a bit off the rest of the night. I was kind of surprised.

D'Arcy definitely redeemed her early round bungles (giving away Ted Danson before the other team answered) with her ace performance with the ball toss. That single-handedly won it for her team. She seemed pretty happy with the choice of Eliza for the last round. 

Eliza seemed to do pretty well in the final round. She seemed to have a good sense of when to pass rather than keep throwing out clues (maybe even a little too quick to pass on one or two instances). Not sure about her Jennifer Love Hewitt clues though. Is she really known for her cleavage? Especially to a guy who was giddy over meeting Dolly Parton?

Hewitt's nickname used to be Jennifer Love Huge Tits when she was a bigger star, she usually wore tank tops that amplified her breasts and her most memorable movie seen is her bouncing up and down screaming what are you waiting for in I know you what you did last summer. So, yes she is. That can't be your only clue for her..Throw out party of five, can't hardly wait, ghost whisperer or 911. If you can't pinpoint her by her biggest work, you don't know her. Big boobs could be a lot of women.

• Love 1
(edited)

My apologies to Justice Ruth Bader Gingsburg. I saw the drawing and immediately shouted "Elton John!". Next thought was Ed Sheeran, until RGB was mentioned. I apparently did not see the clearly drawn out robe. In my defense, I don't believe RBG is a red-head, so that gives me a bit of a pass.

Edited by A.Ham
  • Love 1
On 7/7/2020 at 4:03 PM, dmeets said:

Agree. She seemed really off her game.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:48 PM, 853fisher said:

As God is my witness, I thought that Ted Danson portrait was Jeff Goldblum. 

Haha! I thought the same thing.

1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I thought the final round was a harder combo of names than normal. Just several that are hard to give clues on or get quickly 

I agree with this.  Nathan Fillion and Jennifer Love Hewitt have had solid careers and are still working but I don't really know if they have enduring name recognition that'd last past their peak years of fame. 

So the celebs being a tinge off and some weirder names made this a tough one even though I think the player was pretty good.