Type keyword(s) to search

Stargirl: Traditional Spoilers and Speculation

tessaray
  • Start Topic

2.10 synopsis:

"Summer School: Chapter Ten" -

CHOSEN FAMILY - Courtney (Brec Bassinger) is left devastated after discovering a dark secret that Pat (Luke Wilson) has kept hidden from her. However, when they learn that Jennie (guest star Ysa Penarejo) may be able to help in their plan to stop Eclipso (Nick Tarabay), they're forced to put their issues aside as they set out on a road trip to find her. Meanwhile, Beth (Anjelika Washington) makes a shocking discovery about The Shade (guest star Jonathan Cake). Amy Smart, Trae Romano and Cameron Gellman also star.

Sheelin Choksey directed the episode written by Taylor Steitz (#210). Original airdate 10/12/2021.

Road trip? They don't have her phone number?

2 hours ago, Trini said:

Road trip? They don't have her phone number?

I don't think they have anyway of contacting her.  She appeared out of nowhere (being an out of towner) and has the lantern and ring.  If anything, she would have to come to them since she didn't specifically say where she was going to look for her brother.

Nothing like being stuck in a car together for hours to work out all of your issues.  If they're heading west maybe they'll finally cross paths with Starman, who is obviously taking in the sights as he meanders towards Blue Valley.  And why do I get the feeling that Jennie and Courtney will have a talk where Jennie will say that having a good dad who made a mistake years ago is a heck of a lot better than not having one at all.

Edited by cambridgeguy

'... first look at John Wesley Shipp as The Flash on DC's Stargirl' -- photos for episode 2.09; not only the Flash.

Again, I wish they had made a Flash costume specifically for this show; but that's a minor nitpick.

I do wonder if they'll try to align Jay Garrick's time in Stargirl's continuity with his history on The Flash. With Crisis it might be possible; the real question is, will they bother?

In any case, I'm looking forward to more JSA backstory!

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Trini said:

'... first look at John Wesley Shipp as The Flash on DC's Stargirl' -- photos for episode 2.09; not only the Flash.

Again, I wish they had made a Flash costume specifically for this show; but that's a minor nitpick.

Agreed. Especially since we already saw an image of E2s Flash (even if it was photoshopped) but I guess gotta save that money where they can which they've definitely taken to heart this season.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Trini said:

We haven't seen enough of Starman to say whether this is good or bad, but I'm worried that Stargirl might get upstaged on her own show.

I wouldn't worry about her, I'd worry about the rest of the kids.  This season is already showing it - aside from their spotlight episode Beth and Rick have gotten almost nothing to do so far, Cameron is a non-entity, etc.  That being said, regular doesn't mean what it used to. 

2.12 synopsis:

"Summer School: Chapter Twelve" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

THE GREATER GOOD - With the looming threat of Eclipso (Nick Tarabay) hanging over them, Courtney (Brec Bassinger) seeks help from the unlikeliest of places. Meanwhile, Mike's (Trae Romano) search to find Thunderbolt leads him straight to his friend Jakeem (guest star Alkoya Brunson), and Pat (Luke Wilson) goes to extreme lengths to protect Rick (Cameron Gellman). Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington and Amy Smart also star.

Greg Beeman directed the episode written by James Dale Robinson (#212). Original airdate 10/26/2021.

Season 2 finale synopsis:

"Summer School: Chapter Thirteen" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

SEASON FINALE - As Eclipso (Nick Tarabay) unleashes the final part of his master plan, Courtney (Brec Bassinger), Pat (Luke Wilson) and the JSA band together to take him down once and for all. Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Anjelika Washington, Amy Smart, Trae Romano and Hunter Sansone also star.

Greg Beeman directed the episode written by Geoff Johns (#213). Original airdate 11/2/2021.

Oooh Magician boy is back for an appearance. I remember when he died I thought this isn't going to be your typical teen drama/superhero show. Where everybody is miraculousy saved or doesn't die. As much as I hate how many of the peripheral characters have been killed, it does raise the stakes during fight scenes ectera for the characters not named Stargirl.

(edited)

Season 3 synopsis from CW's PR website:

The CW drama series DC’S STARGIRL follows high school student Courtney Whitmore (Brec Bassinger) and her stepfather Pat Dugan (Luke Wilson) as she leads an unlikely group of young heroes to take on the legacy of DC’s very first superhero team, the Justice Society of America. The third season finds Starman (Joel McHale) back from the dead and offering to train Courtney while she helps him adjust to his new life in the quiet town of Blue Valley. But when there’s a murder that needs to be solved, the mystery will not only have our heroes questioning the former super-villains’ commitment to truly reforming, but lead Courtney, Pat and Starman to a secret that will shock them all to their very core.

Edited by Trini

Season 3 premiere synopsis:

"Frenemies - Chapter One: The Murder" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TVPG-LV) (HDTV)

STARMAN IS BACK - With Starman (Joel McHale) back from the dead and her former super-villain enemies vowing to reform, Courtney (Brec Bassinger) is hopeful that there will finally be peace in Blue Valley. But when The Gambler (guest star Eric Goins) arrives to town looking to make his own amends, the team find themselves at odds over whether he can be trusted.

Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Cameron Gellman, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Neil Hopkins, Joy Osmanski and Alkoya Brunson also star.

Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by Geoff Johns (#301). Original airdate 8/31/2022.

"Frenemies – Chapter Two: The Suspects":

A MURDER MYSTERY IN BLUE VALLEY — After stumbling upon a suspicious murder in Blue Valley, the JSA begins looking at potential suspects. A tense run-in with The Shade (guest star Jonathan Cake) makes Courtney (Brec Bassinger) and Pat (Luke Wilson) realize that Sylvester's (Joel McHale) old ways could land them in hot water. Finally, Barbara (Amy Smart) steps in to help Paula (Joy Osmanski), whose attempt at fitting in has not gone so well. Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Anjelika Washington, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Hunter Sansone, Neil Hopkins and Alkoya Brunson also star. Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by Robbie Hyne

Makes you wonder if the Gambler is the murder victim.  There's more drama if it's someone the audience knows and has a lot of enemies on both sides rather than some random citizen.  If memory serves the rest of the ISA hated the guy, he was a dick to his former employees, and Sylvester certainly not in a forgive and forget mood if the trailers are any indication.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Makes you wonder if the Gambler is the murder victim.  There's more drama if it's someone the audience knows and has a lot of enemies on both sides rather than some random citizen.  If memory serves the rest of the ISA hated the guy, he was a dick to his former employees, and Sylvester certainly not in a forgive and forget mood if the trailers are any indication.

It's definitely not going to be someone random. I was thinking Starman would be the victim -- but would they kill him twice? But the Gambler is a good option, for all the reasons you noted.

Episode 3.03 synopsis:

"Frenemies - Chapter Three: The Blackmail" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

FINDING BALANCE - Courtney (Brec Bassinger) and the JSA receive an anonymous tip that could help in their murder investigation. Meanwhile, after being told to find balance, Sylvester (Joel McHale) looks into potential jobs in Blue Valley, while also trying to figure out who he is without his Starman identity.

Walter Carlos Garcia directed the episode written by Taylor Streitz (#303). Original airdate 9/14/2022.

Huh - Starman is sticking around longer than I thought he would.

3.04 synopsis:

"Frenemies - Chapter Four: The Evidence" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

BACK TO THE SCENE OF THE CRIME - After one of Sylvester's (Joel McHale) plans results in an unexpected outcome, Pat (Luke Wilson) calls upon an old friend for help. Meanwhile, Beth (Anjelika Washington) uncovers a new suspect in their murder investigation, and Courtney (Brec Bassinger) reaches out to Cameron (Hunter Sansone). Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Neil Hopkins, Joy Osmanski, Hunter Sansone and Alkoya Brunson also star.

Walter Carlos Garcia directed the episode written by Paula Sevenbergen (#304). Original airdate 9/21/2022.

3.05 synopsis:

"Frenemies - Chapter Five: The Thief" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

SECRETS AND LIES - As Courtney (Brec Bassinger) continues to secretly help Cameron (Hunter Sansone), the team notices she's pulling away from her role as the JSA leader. Mike (Trae Romano) and Jakeem (Alkoya Brunson) approach Cindy (Meg DeLacy) with a proposition. Finally, Yolanda's (Yvette Monreal) decision to follow her intuition leads her to make a shocking discovery.

Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Anjelika Washington, Cameron Gellman, Joel McHale, Joy Osmanski and Neil Hopkins also star.

Lea Thompson directed the episode written by Steve Harper (#305).

Original airdate 10/5/2022.

3.06 synopsis:

"Frenemies - Chapter Six: The Betrayal" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

CLASHING FRENEMIES - After learning that Courtney (Brec Bassinger) has been spending time with Cameron, Pat (Luke Wilson) and Barbara (Amy Smart) go on a recon mission to see if the Mahkents pose a threat. Meanwhile, Sylvester (Joel McHale) steps in to fill the void left by Courtney, and tensions between Yolanda (Yvette Monreal) and Cindy (Meg DeLacy) reach new heights. Cameron Gellman, Anjelika Washington, Trae Romano, Hunter Sansone and Alkoya Brunson also star.

Lea Thompson directed the episode written by Alfredo Septien & Turi Meyer (#306). Original airdate 10/12/2022.

-----

Pat & Barb on a mission? Cool.  I want to see the teens doing more stuff, though.

3.07 synopsis:

"Frenemies - Chapter Seven: Infinity Inc. Part One" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

OPERATION BLACKOUT BOMB - After Beth (Anjelika Washington) makes a major discovery on The Gambler's laptop, the team moves forward with a risky plan that effects the entire town of Blue Valley. Elsewhere, Jennie (guest star Ysa Penarejo) returns to the fold seeking help from Courtney (Brec Bassinger). Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Trae Romano and Alkoya Brunson also star.

Glen Winter directed the episode written by James Dale Robinson (#307). Original airdate 10/19/2022.

Matt's Inside Line:

Court’s romance with Cameron is about to start affecting her superhero life, and not for the better. As for “newcomers,” viewers will soon be invited to put together puzzle pieces to learn who has been spying on Blue Valley via all those hidden cameras. (Oh! And next week’s episode delivers another humdinger of a fight scene between two characters you were probably itching to see go at it.)

-

Well, the fight's gotta be Cindy vs. Yolonda.

Edited by Trini

3.09 synopsis:

"Frenemies - Chapter Nine: The Monsters" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

CONFRONTING THE TRUTH - After a recent experience renews Courtney's (Brec Bassinger) confidence, she sets out to make amends with those around her. Jakeem (Alkoya Brunson) puts his foot down after Mike (Trae Romano) shares his latest plan. Finally, Beth (Anjelika Washington) makes a major discovery that leads to a terrifying battle no one saw coming. Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Neil Hopkins, Joy Osmanski and Hunter Sansone also star.

Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by Geoff Johns (#309). Original airdate 11/2/2022.

The reveal! It's probably happening at the end of the previous episode, I bet; 3.10 synopsis:

"Frenemies - Chapter Ten: The Killer" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

THE AFTERMATH - Courtney (Brec Bassinger) and the team regroup after a dramatic confrontation leaves battle lines clearly drawn. A terrifying discovery made by Mike (Trae Romano) and Jakeem (Alkoya Brunson) forces Pat (Luke Wilson) and Sylvester (Joel McHale) to go on high alert. Finally, Paula (Joy Osmanski) and Larry (Neil Hopkins) take matters into their own hands to make things right.

Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by James Dale Robinson & Taylor Streitz (#310). Original airdate 11/9/2022.

---

No, I'm not ready to lose(??) the Crocks!

2.11 synopsis:

"Frenemies - Chapter Eleven: The Haunting" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

SEEKING FORGIVENESS - As Courtney (Brec Bassinger), Sylvester (Joel McHale) and the JSA plot to take down a major threat, the arrival of someone from their past sends shock waves through the town. Luke Wilson, Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Amy Smart, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Hunter Sansone and Alkoya Brunson also star.

Jennifer Phang directed the episode written by Steve Harper & Maytal Zchut (#311). Original airdate 11/16/2022.

---

"Someone from their past"? Who might be "seeking forgiveness? I don't want to guess, because the person I want to see again is probably not the person that's showing up.

3.12 synopsis:

"Frenemies - Chapter Twelve: The Last Will and Testament of Sylvester Pemberton" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

SOLO MISSION - As the team devise a plan to deal with their latest threat, Sylvester (Joel McHale) takes matters into his own hands and leaves Courtney (Brec Bassinger), Pat (Luke Wilson) and the JSA fearing for what comes next. Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Cameron Gellman, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Hunter Sansone and Alkoya Brunson also star. Jennifer Phang directed the episode written by Turi Meyer & Alfredo Septien (#312). Original airdate 11/30/2022.

Synopsis for the series finale 😢 :

SERIES FINALE

"Frenemies - Chapter Thirteen: The Reckoning" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

THE FINAL SHOWDOWN - Courtney (Brec Bassinger) and the JSA find themselves in the fight of their lives against their biggest threat yet.

Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Cameron Gellman, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Hunter Sansone, Alkoya Brunson and Joel McHale also star. Walter Carlos Garcia directed the episode written by Geoff Johns (#313). Original airdate 12/7/2022.

AKA, the most basic of comic book finale synopses.

• Like 1

From TVLine:

Will Stargirl‘s Courtney ever get to the point of calling Pat “Dad”? –Ivan 

I am so glad I held onto this question of yours, Ivan, because I can now report that you should get some satisfaction on this front by the series finale

ETA:

This week’s episode — the next-to-last of the series! — has a chilling cold open set in a time period you probably aren’t expecting, and concludes on an even more chilling (and yet pretty damn brilliant) note.

Edited by Trini

I don't know how the series is going to end and I'm going to miss the show terribly, for me it was Buffy for the 2020s. All I ask show is that you end it with Cameron being a good guy. That will help soften the blow of the show ending.

• Hugs 1