Type keyword(s) to search

Stargirl: Traditional Spoilers and Speculation

tessaray
  • Start Topic

(edited)

With the photos released for Episode 8 I'm probably not gonna like the results of the first Stargirl/Shiv fight as its actually something i expect for their first fight but I expect to see it be returned by or in the finale. Cindy is a horrid B word in fact I hope the finale sees a Stargirl/Wildcat/Shiv fight

Edited by Josh371982
  • Love 1

Episode listings from the CW:

"Brainwave Jr." - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

LET ME START AT THE BEGINNING - As Henry Jr. (Jake Austin Walker) hones his newfound skills, uncovered secrets from his family's past force him to make a difficult decision. Meanwhile, Courtney (Brec Bassinger), Yolanda (Yvette Monreal), Beth (Anjelika Washington) and Rick's (Cameron Gellman) latest plan brings them face to face with a member of the ISA. Finally, tensions between Pat (Luke Wilson) and Barbara (Amy Smart) force her to revisit her own past. Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Christopher James Baker and Neil Jackson also star. Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by James Dale Robinson (#110).

Original airdate 7/21/2020.

"Shining Knight" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG) (HDTV)

A BLAST FROM THE PAST - Courtney's (Brec Bassinger) life gets turned upside down when someone from her past arrives in Blue Valley. Meanwhile, Pat (Luke Wilson) uncovers new information about the ISA's plan and Jordan (Neil Jackson) makes a surprising discovery at work. Jennifer Phang directed the episode written by Geoff Johns (#111). Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Cameron Gellman, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy and Christopher James Baker also star.

Original airdate 7/28/2020.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I think naming back to back episodes "Brainwave" and "Brainwave Jr." is very confusing.

Yeah, I think it should have been: Brainwave and then Legacy. 

• Love 1

"Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E Part One" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

AND SO IT BEGINS - With the ISA on their trail, Courtney (Brec Bassinger), Pat (Luke Wilson) and the team regroup to figure out their next steps. Meanwhile, Rick (Cameron Gellman) makes a breakthrough, and the team prepares for a showdown with the ISA. Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Neil Jackson and Christopher James Baker also star. Toa Fraser directed the episode written by Melissa Carter (#112).

Original airdate 8/4/2020.

On 7/17/2020 at 4:27 PM, Trini said:

Since this and the finale are 2 parts and the Title is Courtney and Pat I take it we get a lot of them in the final 2 episodes plus I'm betting(hoping) we get answers as to Courtney's dad AND get Pat and Sylvester's past as Star Spangled Kid/Starman and Stripesy with maybe Shining Knight as well

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Since this and the finale are 2 parts and the Title is Courtney and Pat I take it we get a lot of them in the final 2 episodes plus I'm betting(hoping) we get answers as to Courtney's dad AND get Pat and Sylvester's past as Star Spangled Kid/Starman and Stripesy with maybe Shining Knight as well

I see Court and Pat really functioning as a team and also pushing Pat to actually you know, "teach" Beth, Yolanda and Rick how to be heroes instead of: "Well, you shouldn't do this." or "Well, you bring up good points, but let me ignore it until something really bad happens and then realize you might be right."

• Love 1
2 hours ago, readster said:

I see Court and Pat really functioning as a team and also pushing Pat to actually you know, "teach" Beth, Yolanda and Rick how to be heroes instead of: "Well, you shouldn't do this." or "Well, you bring up good points, but let me ignore it until something really bad happens and then realize you might be right."

LOL yes this is what I expect to see as well. Also I want Cindy/Shiv to break out and having a awesome fight with Courtney/Stargirl AND Yolanda/Wildcat at the same time. I won't be Surprised if Cindy fulfills her prophecy of killing her Father to set up her being the Big Bad since Shiv is Stargirl's Archrival 

• Love 1

Not much info in the finale synopsis:

"Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E Part Two" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

PRJOECT NEW AMERICA - As the Injustice Society of America come one step closer to accomplishing their mission, Courtney (Brec Bassinger) and the JSA face off with Icicle and the villains of the ISA. Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Cameron Gellman, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Neil Jackson and Christopher James Baker also star. Greg Beeman directed the episode written by Geoff Johns (#113).

Original airdate 8/11/2020.

• Love 1

For those that have DC Universe, the countdown ticker for when the next episode drops ( the "3 Days" thing in the UI) actually goes down to hours, minutes, and actually seconds as availability gets closer. This Sunday night will be your last chance to see that for a while, so if you're like me and blow your Sunday bedtime out of the water for this show, tune in early to watch the countdown :D. 

• Love 2

I'm speculating that next season will involve a time jump.  Not a huge one, because of that ending and the likelihood Starman won't have much trouble tracing Pat to Blue Valley, but long enough so that the JSA is caught flatfooted when ISA Mark II shows up to hassle them. 

I'm curious to see where they go with Beth and Dr. Midnight.  They've shown nothing to indicate she's genius enough to build a new set of Goggles, even if she's definitely supposed to be some kind of prodigy.  

I'm thinking that while the stuff with Shining Knight seemed like a lead in to a spinoff... it's not.  It's not youth driven enough for the CW.  Instead I think it will create a situation eventually where he calls the JSA out of Blue Valley to help him with something.

Starman is definitely going to (at least try to) reclaim the staff.  In fact, I think he WILL and it will create some understandable chaos and drama for both Courtney and Pat.  Courtney will decide, especially if they portray him as the semi-jerk Joel McHale is inevitably cast to play, that he's not worthy of the Staff, and will try and get Pat on her side. Pat will be conflicted, and this will unravel the relationship between Pat and Courtney.  In fact, I think we'll definitely see a repeat of the Pilot's implications that Starman took advantage of/took Pat for granted, and that will piss off Courtney even more, because he'll STILL be treating Pat as a lackey, but Pat won't feel comfortable standing up to him, even on Courtney's behalf.  I suppose they'll play with the Staff's own intelligence as well, and it being conflicted over who's it's master now.  In total though, I don't see her being without the Staff for more than two episodes.

I actually DON'T think they'll play any major games with how he could be alive, or any implication he's an imposter. I fully think that's him, because the REAL him would cause more trouble than an imposter.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kromm said:

I actually DON'T think they'll play any major games with how he could be alive, or any implication he's an imposter. I fully think that's him, because the REAL him would cause more trouble than an imposter.

Plus, the Staff would know/show if it's the real Starman pretty quickly, I assume.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Trini said:

Plus, the Staff would know/show if it's the real Starman pretty quickly, I assume.

It might be the real Sylvester, but is it Sylvester from this Earth or this time line?

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, readster said:

It might be the real Sylvester, but is it Sylvester from this Earth or this time line?

I don't see why it wouldn't be. I mean other than that whole being dead thing. If you get around that, it's still the most compelling story for it really to be the specific guy Pat was a sidekick to, back to pick up his Staff and reclaim that life. It's like the episode where Courtney lost the Staff, but far more emotional and angsty, since it will inevitably force both Pat AND the Staff to choose. My assumption is they both eventually choose Courtney, but not before some angst and discord. Ultimately if the Staff won't work anymore for Sylvester, he won't have a choice. But that won't happen until after Courtney's gone through an emotional wringer. 

• Love 1
On 8/12/2020 at 3:01 PM, Kromm said:

I don't see why it wouldn't be. I mean other than that whole being dead thing. If you get around that, it's still the most compelling story for it really to be the specific guy Pat was a sidekick to, back to pick up his Staff and reclaim that life. It's like the episode where Courtney lost the Staff, but far more emotional and angsty, since it will inevitably force both Pat AND the Staff to choose. My assumption is they both eventually choose Courtney, but not before some angst and discord. Ultimately if the Staff won't work anymore for Sylvester, he won't have a choice. But that won't happen until after Courtney's gone through an emotional wringer. 

Maybe this will be the catalyst for using the belt since that's what Sylvester used when he was Star Spangled Kid. 

Quick question for those paying more attention than I was; I seem to remember someone saying they didn't know if Shiro Ito could be killed-hence he's still very spry even though he must be over 100. So what is the likelihood of him not being really dead?

2 hours ago, Speakeasy said:

Quick question for those paying more attention than I was; I seem to remember someone saying they didn't know if Shiro Ito could be killed-hence he's still very spry even though he must be over 100. So what is the likelihood of him not being really dead?

Incalculable. 

They suspected it but didn't know.

They certainly knew he didn't age the same as normal humans.  That's all they knew for sure.

It's possible Pat might have had previous knowledge from days past of Ito being seriously injured and surviving and we simply didn't hear it.  But that's just speculation.

This of course is all non-comics based, per the thread instructions. But I don't think researching the comics lore will help much with this question anyway.

If this parallels the Young Justice TV show, then Artemis is going to be an interesting story,  I mean it can't be the same story due to the universe being very different (especially the surrounding characters) but if the broad character beats are similar it will be good.

• Love 1

Say, you! Have you heard that Jim Gaffigan will be playing the Thunderbolt?

ETA: Here's the character description from the linked article:

Thunderbolt is extremely powerful, but according to the official character description, "the wishes he grants often cause more trouble than the wish-asker would ever expect. But despite his somewhat constant supernatural disasters, the Thunderbolt's heart is always in the right place, even if it is wounded by the friends he has lost throughout his long existence."

Edited by MarkHB
Added character description
  • Love 2

Crossover Alert!

'John Wesley Shipp to guest-star on DC's Stargirl as Golden Age Flash'

I knew it!

EW has exclusively learned that John Wesley Shipp will guest-star in season 2 of the CW's high-school superhero drama. Shipp will appear in episode 9, reprising his role as old-school speedster Jay Garrick from The Flash.

According to the official description, Jay Garrick plays a role "in a pivotal flashback episode" that establishes "the Golden Age Flash as a member of Earth-2's Justice Society of America." Per the CW, this miniature crossover will "officially bring Stargirl [Brec Bassinger] into CW's post-Crisis CWverse alongside The Flash, Superman & Lois, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Supergirl, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow."

This is the first time Stargirl will feature a character crossover from an Arrowverse show, as it wasn't possible before Crisis on Infinite Earths established that Bassinger's stars-and-stripes-clad teen hero resides on Earth-2 (with the Arrowverse shows all taking place on Earth-Prime now). This casting helps reinforce Stargirl's place in the greater post-Crisis multiverse.

• Love 2

First look at Eclipso:

https://tvline.com/2021/03/16/stargirl-season-2-first-look-eclipso-photo-nick-tarabay/

... As reported back in October, Arrow alum Nick Tarabay will play the ancient entity of corruption and vengeance, who is described as physically imposing and frightening. Brimming with a cold, terrifying darkness, Eclipso exploits the flaws of others, reveling in the impure and sinful, sadistically feeding off the dark side of humanity.

stargirl-eclipso-first-look.jpg

From Matt's Inside Line at TVLine:

Each of the young JSA members has multiple things on their plate when Season 2 arrives Tuesday, Aug. 10 and their school year comes to an end. Anjelika Washington’s Beth, for example, is struggling to get Chuck back online (be careful what you wish for?) while also dealing with a most unexpected bit of personal drama.

Is Stargirl‘s Cameron going to become evil, like in the comics? –Naube

That is certainly what at least one person is hoping will happen, as the season premiere draws to a most provocative close.

This week's Inside Line at TVLine:

Where Green Lantern Alan Scott’s daughter Jade goes, her brother Obsidian isn’t too far behind. Will he be making an appearance on Stargirl as well? –Steve

The whereabouts of Jenny née Jade’s brother does reveal itself to be a hot topic in one of Season 2’s early episodes.

My question about Stargirl Season 2 is: Will we see a possible romance within the group, like Courtney and Rick or Beth and Rick? –Faith

Having binged a buncha episodes of the new season (premiering Tuesday, Aug. 10 on The CW), I can confirm that one of the pairings you suggest do have a bit of an intimate-ish heart-to-heart at one point….

Season 2 premiere, "Summer School: Chapter one", synopsis:

SCHOOL’S OUT — With summer break around the corner, Pat (Luke Wilson) suggests the family take a vacation after seeing that Courtney (Brec Bassinger) has been spending too much time focused on being Stargirl and not enough time on her schoolwork. Meanwhile, as Beth (Anjelika Washington) attempts to reconnect with Chuck, she stumbles upon a major secret her parents have been keeping from her. Elsewhere, Yolanda (Yvette Monreal) continues to be haunted by Brainwave’s death, and Rick (Cameron Gellman) secretly tracks Solomon Grundy after suspecting he may still be in the area. Amy Smart, Trae Romano, Hunter Sansone and Meg DeLacy also star.

Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by Geoff Johns (#201). Original airdate 8/10/2021.

Season 2, episode 2 synopsis:

"Summer School: Chapter Two" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

UNEXPECTED ARRIVALS - Still on the lookout for evil in Blue Valley, Courtney (Brec Bassinger) grows suspicious after an unexpected visitor shows up at the Dugan house. Meanwhile, Barbara (Amy Smart) and Pat (Luke Wilson) become concerned after a visit from a mysterious antiques collector named Richard Swift (guest star Jonathan Cake). Elsewhere, Cindy (Meg DeLacy) puts her plan in motion. Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Anjelika Washington, Trae Romano and Hunter Sansone also star.

Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by James Dale Robinson (#202). Original airdate 8/17/2021.

From Matt's Inside Line:

On Stargirl, will Courtney’s brother Mike end up in the Johnny Lightning role with Thunderbolt? –Peter

I can assure you that whomever does first avail themselves of Thunderbolt and its very unpredictable powers has a whole lot of fun with it. It’s a highly entertaining episode, helped along by some very nifty visual effects.

Synopsis for 2.03:

"Summer School: Chapter Three" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

JIM GAFFIGAN VOICES THUNDERBOLT IN THIS EPISODE DIRECTED BY LEA THOMPSON -

After getting a taste of the superhero life, Mike (Trae Romano) pleads with Pat (Luke Wilson) to let him join the team. Elsewhere, after seeking help from Thunderbolt, the JSA prepare for a confrontation with The Shade. Brec Bassinger, Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Anjelika Washington, Amy Smart and Meg DeLacy also star.

Lea Thompson directed the episode written by Turi Meyer & Alfredo Septién (#203). Original airdate 8/24/2021.

2.04 synopsis:

"Summer School: Chapter Four" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

THE DEVIL IN THE SHADOWS - As Pat (Luke Wilson) considers whether he should come clean to Courtney (Brec Bassinger) about Eclipso's past, a surprise visit from Crock (Neil Hopkins) and Paula (Joy Osmanski) catches him and Barbara off guard. A tense run-in with The Shade (Jonathan Cake) provides Courtney with some valuable information. Finally, Cindy (Meg DeLacy) makes her move. Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Anjelika Washington and Trae Romano also star.

Lea Thompson directed the episode written by Taylor Steitz (#204). Original airdate 8/31/2021.

2.05 synopsis:

"Summer School: Chapter Five" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

STORMY WEATHER OVER BLUE VALLEY - As Pat (Luke Wilson) and Courtney (Brec Bassinger) clash over their next steps in their search for Eclipso, ominous weather conditions in Blue Valley hint that he may be near. Meanwhile, Cindy's (Meg DeLacy) plan to recruit another student takes an unexpected turn, and Cameron (Hunter Sansone) opens up to Courtney. Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Anjelika Washington and Trae Romano also star.

Sheelin Choksey directed the episode written by Steve Harper (#205). Original airdate 9/7/2021.

So the promo for this week makes it look like Mike gets the Thunderbolt.  Real or misdirect?  The description sounds like that too, but in Matt Mitovich’s answer, he said “whomever does first avail themselves of Thunderbolt” (emphasis mine).  I’m thinking Mike might not end up with it at the end of the episode, and that might end up further alienating him from his family.

Edited by Starfish35

Do I'm guessing Dr. Mid-Nite is still alive?   He was shown being dragged away by the Shade's shadow but Shade alludes to not killing him.  The McNider family lost a child to Eclipso and Shade is hunting for Eclipso and based on his comment about killing the kids, it seems likely he wants to stop Eclispo not use him.  Seems likely Shade is involved with the McNider's somehow and it's possible he joined the ISA to protect Dr. Mid-Nite when he discovered their plans for the JSA.  

• Love 1

2.06 synopsis:

"Summer School: Chapter Six" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

THE NEW INJUSTICE SOCIETY MAKES THEIR MOVE - Cindy (Meg DeLacy) and her new team make their move against the JSA leading to an epic showdown. Brec Bassinger, Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Anjelika Washington, Trae Romano and Hunter Sansone also star.

Walter Garcia directed the episode written by Paula Sevenbergen (#206). Original airdate 9/14/2021.

2.07 synopsis:

"Summer School: Chapter Seven" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

YOLANDA FACES HER PAST - When the guilt over Brainwave's (guest star Christopher James Baker) death becomes too much to handle, Yolanda (Yvette Monreal) is forced to make a heartbreaking decision.

Brec Bassinger, Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Cameron Gellman, Anjelika Washington, Trae Romano and Hunter Sansone also star.

Sheelin Choksey directed the episode written by Robbie Hyne (#207). Original airdate 9/21/2021.

Matt's Inside Line:

In a pre-season interview, showrunner Geoff Johns said that we wouldn’t see Eclipso “in the flesh” until “a little deeper into the season.” As he explained, “You will see Nick Tarabay in his horrifying makeup, but we wanted to build to that moment.  So that when he finally does set foot in Blue Valley for real, and you see him manifest, it felt deserved, it felt scary, and it felt like everything had changed. And I think when people see that episode, hopefully they’ll be both happy and scared.”

2.08 synopsis:

"Summer School: Chapter Eight" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

SECOND CHANCES - With his world crashing down around him, Rick (Cameron Gellman) focuses his attention on protecting Solomon Grundy after learning hunters are after a bear in the woods. Meanwhile, Beth (Anjelika Washington) becomes the target of Eclipso's (Nick Tarabay) latest plan.

Brec Bassinger, Luke Wilson, Amy Smart and Trae Romano also star.

Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by Steve Harper (#208). Original airdate 9/28/2021.

2.09 synopsis:

"Summer School: Chapter Nine" -

JOHN WESLEY SHIPP GUEST STARS AS JAY GARRICK - As Eclipso (Nick Tarabay) takes aim at the Whitmore/Dugan's, Pat (Luke Wilson) is reminded of painful memories from his past involving the original JSA and their fight to take down Eclipso. Meanwhile, Mike (Trae Romano) is forced to confront the guilt he feels for his role in Icicle's death, and Barbara (Amy Smart) comes face to face with someone from her past. Finally, Courtney (Brec Bassinger) struggles to hold onto hope after Eclipso targets those around her. Hunter Sansone also stars.

Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by Alfredo Septién & Turi Meyer (#209). Original airdate 10/5/2021.

--------

I don't like that they're going to be harassed by Eclipso, but I do like that the episode will focus on Courtney's family.

Edited by Trini