Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: That Man Knows How to Ride a Weiner

• Start Topic

Of all the shows where I start the episode topics, this one is by far the most amusing when I hit the TV listings to get the episode title.

A professional author faces off with an aspiring professional golfer; contestants need to ride the mechanical gopher mascot, Sir Goph, before even attempting a putt; the finalists battle it out for a chance to continue to the grand finale.

• LOL 3
(edited)

“Diving Range” is a fail; stop it, show. They barely even showed the actual putting!

Jordan had an interesting strategy with the port a potties. Good on ya, Fly.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 3

Last week I thought the college diver was a one-off, but turns out he’s a guest star.

Frat boy: ita *sigh*, but his putting was dead on. He’s my pick so far to take the $250k.

I’ve started thinking of Port-a-Putty as a Kobayashi Maru: There is no solution, but if everyone’s penalized then everyone’s equal. The hole is won by managing the other elements.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, mertensia said:

*Sigh*  Of course the frat boy won.

To each his own, but I liked him.   I just wish they had been able to film this in warmer weather.   I feel so bad for those contestants getting soaked in the freezing cold and then having to stand there and putt.

• Love 2
(edited)

Just discovered this show and this was the first episode I watched.  Somehow I didn't see it at all last summer.  I don't really care for the hosts.  The guy that resembles Patrick Warburton is nowhere near as funny as he pretends to think he is.

Too much chatter.  I'd gladly cut out a lot of the stupid jokes and the animated sequences so they don't actually have to show us what happened "during the commercial".

I could have sworn they said that people were in SOME of the portapotties and would try and door them into the water.  It looked to me that there was somebody in all of them.

I don't understand the diving game... the guy is obviously a plant, right?  And the judges purposely just push through the designated two even if their dives are really bad?

I greatly dislike the frat boy, practically on sight.  It was the backwards visor.  I was so hoping that Somin would beat him.

Edited by blackwing
10 hours ago, blackwing said:

this was the first episode I watched.

Having seen all of the episodes, both last season and up through Uranus this season, I think that helps frame my expectations differently than what a first time viewer such as yourself will have.

The entire theme is "silly". It's not supposed to be smart or witty or highly competitive. And I do feel like by this episode of season two, they have tweaked what they did in season one and have settled in one what this show is.  Silly.

The diving joke (which I do think falls a little flat) was just a way to make two people who signed up for this show to think they have to do a competitive dive and be judged for it. The porta potty "Hole #2" is specifically set up to whack people in the face and make them fall in the water. It's entire concept is make a poop joke and to see people run full speed into an opening door.

There's not much more going on here than bathroom humor and people falling awkwardly into pools in a mini-golf setting.

10 hours ago, blackwing said:

I greatly dislike the frat boy, practically on sight.  It was the backwards visor. 

Agreed! I think when they cast this show, they make sure to include a few people everybody wants to see get really hard by a giant windmill blade.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Having seen all of the episodes, both last season and up through Uranus this season, I think that helps frame my expectations differently than what a first time viewer such as yourself will have.

The entire theme is "silly". It's not supposed to be smart or witty or highly competitive. And I do feel like by this episode of season two, they have tweaked what they did in season one and have settled in one what this show is.  Silly.

The diving joke (which I do think falls a little flat) was just a way to make two people who signed up for this show to think they have to do a competitive dive and be judged for it. The porta potty "Hole #2" is specifically set up to whack people in the face and make them fall in the water. It's entire concept is make a poop joke and to see people run full speed into an opening door.

There's not much more going on here than bathroom humor and people falling awkwardly into pools in a mini-golf setting.

Agreed! I think when they cast this show, they make sure to include a few people everybody wants to see get really hard by a giant windmill blade.

Yeah, I get that this is supposed to be a silly and fun show.  But I think for silly competitive fun, Game On with Venus (Goddess on a Mountaintop!) and Gronk is a lot better done.  It's entertaining and really funny.

But I get it.  I started watching thinking this was going to be a show about a wacky mini golf course but then as the show went on, I found myself just wanting people to fall in the water.  I must have rewound Frat Boy getting doored at least 10 times.

I'm going to keep watching just rooting for anything to do with people falling in water.  Or getting pies in the face.  Or slimed.  Or kicked in the nuts.

38 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I found myself just wanting people to fall in the water.  I must have rewound Frat Boy getting doored at least 10 times.

Ha! Yes, I've had a couple moments like that on this show. There was a windmill throttling season one that I could watch over and over again.

As for wanting to see people fall in the water, TBS has ordered a reboot of Wipeout! for sometime maybe this fall. I am so looking forward to that. No pretending that show is about anything than people getting smushed by hilariously large foam rubber objects.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I'm going to keep watching just rooting for anything to do with people falling in water.  Or getting pies in the face.  Or slimed.  Or kicked in the nuts.

You missed the first couple episodes where people got electrocuted if they missed a shot on the last hole. So add electrocution to your list. 🙂

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

As for wanting to see people fall in the water, TBS has ordered a reboot of Wipeout! for sometime maybe this fall.

This makes me very happy! I loved Wipeout. I hope John & John are back.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:21 PM, blackwing said:

Just discovered this show and this was the first episode I watched.  Somehow I didn't see it at all last summer.  I don't really care for the hosts.  The guy that resembles Patrick Warburton is nowhere near as funny as he pretends to think he is.

Too much chatter.  I'd gladly cut out a lot of the stupid jokes and the animated sequences so they don't actually have to show us what happened "during the commercial".

I could have sworn they said that people were in SOME of the portapotties and would try and door them into the water.  It looked to me that there was somebody in all of them.

I don't understand the diving game... the guy is obviously a plant, right?  And the judges purposely just push through the designated two even if their dives are really bad?

I greatly dislike the frat boy, practically on sight.  It was the backwards visor.  I was so hoping that Somin would beat him.

Sorry, but Rob Riggle and Joe Tessitore are the show for me. I freakin' LOVE those guys!

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Debbiedokken said:

Sorry, but Rob Riggle and Joe Tessitore are the show for me. I freakin' LOVE those guys!

As I said to my girlfriend, there are a couple of game shows where the announcers add immensely to the show. American Ninja Warrior is one. This is the other. The show would be nothing without them (although I think Riggle could tone it down a bit now and then-although I read in an article linked here that they often get fed ideas from the production staff via their earpieces so everything he does is not necessarily his idea).

Edited by Rickster