Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Vanderpump is Trash

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

To me, it’s just not the way you treat your employees, whether they’re fine with it or not. For someone who wants to be seen as cultured and refined, it’s not a good look. YMMV. If she needed skin shots to promote SUR, that’s more Hooters than upscale LA dining (if SUR is upscale, but anything is, compared to Hooters). Feature the goat cheese balls (or whatever it was they were always raving about) over T&A and pecs and abs.

In real life I totally agree, but I think they were only doing it for the show, so I can give it a pass.  But since season 1 of BH with that Cedric in her house - I never could stand how she talks to people.

• Like 2
On 9/4/2024 at 8:26 AM, RoseAllDay said:

I’m watching an early season marathon today, and just got through the scene where she roped (shamed?) Stassi and Katie into doing a semi-topless (pasties) burlesque routine for Guillermo’s birthday. This is in addition to her annual SUR calendars, where everyone is nude or semi-nude, often in sexually suggestive poses, as Ken sits by poolside and drools.

It’s always bothered me to some extent. But the more I see of this kind of behavior, the more repelled I am. Maybe it’s because things have definitely changed in society in the decade or so since these eps first aired. But it is totally unacceptable for an owner or a manager to ask his or her employees to do things like this. It is definitely an abuse of the power dynamic, and she knows it. It’s like a puppetmaster making her puppets do whatever she wants, the more embarrassing for them the better. I don’t care if they seem to be fine with it. What choice do Lisa and Bravo give them? Is she a entrepreneur or a strip club owner? I thought she always saw her eateries as a step above Hooters? This is the woman who, on BH, clutched her pearls at Erika Jayne? Questions.

Absolute abuse of power.  I have no idea how she’s been getting away with this gross behavior for so long.  And the guys being forced to pretend to be in love with her.  She’s a total narcissist.

I was horrified by the topless dance for Guillermo.  And Stassi and Katie were very much not ok with it.  I remember Guillermo’s wife, who also worked there presented the girls, topless like as a gift for him.  It was disgusting and I still cannot believe any of that even happened.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Absolute abuse of power.  I have no idea how she’s been getting away with this gross behavior for so long.  And the guys being forced to pretend to be in love with her.  She’s a total narcissist.

I was horrified by the topless dance for Guillermo.  And Stassi and Katie were very much not ok with it.  I remember Guillermo’s wife, who also worked there presented the girls, topless like as a gift for him.  It was disgusting and I still cannot believe any of that even happened.

I guess it says something that consciousness has been raised between then and now to the point that what was “eww” then is “oh hell no” now. 

• Like 3
(edited)
On 1/5/2016 at 10:30 AM, heatherchandler said:

I have been doing a Hulu rewatch from the beginning and oh wow, I have a lot of thoughts.

First - I have to discuss my absolute discomfort and full disgust at Guillermo's stripper party.  That was fully inappropriate for Lisa to ask the waitresses to do a half-naked dance for their boss.  And she was like, oh they wear less when they go out to a club.  This was absolute sexual harassment in the workplace.  They were TOLD to go into a crowd of people and dance half naked.

She even said - "go out there and be crazy and BE SURE that man has a great birthday."  WTF are you kidding me??  How dare she say that to them?

His wife, Nathalie seems desperate and sad, trying to hold onto her husband by hiring (and forcing) young women (some of whom work for him) to dance provocatively for him.  I am so grossed out.

The other truly awful scene (maybe worse?) was when Lisa and Natalie give him the Mercedes.  "Hey, people who work for us and make minimum wage - your boss, who is very wealthy will be getting a very expensive gift!  Go out and cheer for him and his riches!  Go and smile and be happy for this man to get a gift that costs more than your yearly wages!"  SO GROSS!

Jax is definitely on coke.

I found my old post from 2015 when I did a re-watch and I was grossed out even then!  I believe I posted my disgust on tvwithoutpity when it first aired.

I also called it that Jax was on coke!  Jk I know everyone knew that then!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
22 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I found my old post from 2015 when I did a re-watch and I was grossed out even then!  I believe I posted my disgust on tvwithoutpity when it first aired.

I also called it that Jax was on coke!  Jk I know everyone knew that then!

And whatever else. I always suspected steroids. 

I really can’t fault Brittany for staying with him and marrying him. I’ve seen people saying that she wanted a place on the show and she knew what she was getting into, yadda yadda yadda, but to me she was the classic enabler who always excused and tolerated Jax’s aggressiveness because she was sure she loved him and that he would “change.” The man’s temper was scary. So who knows how much worse that got over the years. I think maybe having a kid involved woke her up.

She should have listened to her dad. Dad was on to him from the jump. 

• Like 4

@heatherchandler

First - I have to discuss my absolute discomfort and full disgust at Guillermo's stripper party.  That was fully inappropriate for Lisa to ask the waitresses to do a half-naked dance for their boss.  And she was like, oh they wear less when they go out to a club.  This was absolute sexual harassment in the workplace.  They were TOLD to go into a crowd of people and dance half naked.

She even said - "go out there and be crazy and BE SURE that man has a great birthday."  WTF are you kidding me??  How dare she say that to them?

His wife, Nathalie seems desperate and sad, trying to hold onto her husband by hiring (and forcing) young women (some of whom work for him) to dance provocatively for him.  I am so grossed out.

Absolutely agree with you. Even if the girls do wear skimpy clothing when they go out, it doesn't make it okay to request them to dance half-naked for their boss. A lot of young women wear little dresses to go to clubs and whatnot. Most would still be horrified by Lisa's request.

I guess my memory is wrong there, because I thought Nathalie was kind of uncomfortable and that Lisa pushed all this. Maybe I'm confusing the half-naked dance to something else in an another episode. 

On 9/4/2024 at 2:59 PM, RoseAllDay said:

To me, it’s just not the way you treat your employees, whether they’re fine with it or not. For someone who wants to be seen as cultured and refined, it’s not a good look. YMMV. If she needed skin shots to promote SUR, that’s more Hooters than upscale LA dining (if SUR is upscale, but anything is, compared to Hooters). Feature the goat cheese balls (or whatever it was they were always raving about) over T&A and pecs and abs.

I agree when it became clear she was no longer Queen of the BH, she was gone.

That's a good point. SUR was supposed to be a restaurant where the servers just happened to be hot because it's LA, city of young aspiring actors and models. It wasn't supposed to be a tacky place that sold T & A. 

The only reason Lisa was ever considered classy is because she had costars like Brandi Granville and an English accent. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

@heatherchandler

Absolutely agree with you. Even if the girls do wear skimpy clothing when they go out, it doesn't make it okay to request them to dance half-naked for their boss. A lot of young women wear little dresses to go to clubs and whatnot. Most would still be horrified by Lisa's request.

I guess my memory is wrong there, because I thought Nathalie was kind of uncomfortable and that Lisa pushed all this. Maybe I'm confusing the half-naked dance to something else in an another episode. 

That's a good point. SUR was supposed to be a restaurant where the servers just happened to be hot because it's LA, city of young aspiring actors and models. It wasn't supposed to be a tacky place that sold T & A. 

The only reason Lisa was ever considered classy is because she had costars like Brandi Granville and an English accent. 

And I wouldn’t exactly call Brandi Glanville “classy,” LOL. Lisa is a poseur, when you get right down to it. 

No, Nathalie was just as jazzed at the trashy Moulin Rouge routine as Lisa.

I wonder if they paid the diners at SUR for being extras when the restaurant pulled this crap. I can’t imagine sitting there, enjoying my goat cheese balls, when a strip routine or fight broke out among the staff.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 9/4/2024 at 3:59 PM, RoseAllDay said:

I agree when it became clear she was no longer Queen of the BH, she was gone.

Lisa Vanderpump became a fan favorite on the BH HWs, and this lead to arrogance. But when the other women called her out (the infamous PuppyGate), she left because by then Bravo offered her a new show- VR (and other shows later on). 

SUR is not upscale. The exterior looks average, and the Los Angeles media call it a place that mostly tourists go (VR fans). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

And whatever else. I always suspected steroids. 

I really can’t fault Brittany for staying with him and marrying him. I’ve seen people saying that she wanted a place on the show and she knew what she was getting into, yadda yadda yadda, but to me she was the classic enabler who always excused and tolerated Jax’s aggressiveness because she was sure she loved him and that he would “change.” The man’s temper was scary. So who knows how much worse that got over the years. I think maybe having a kid involved woke her up.

She should have listened to her dad. Dad was on to him from the jump. 

Brittany wanted to have a career in the entertainment business. She is still on The Valley, and she was photographed with a D list reality show guy. She didn't take her kid who has some medical issues back to Kentucky. But she was an enabler regarding Jax. Those two are not mutually exclusive. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

6 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

And I wouldn’t exactly call Brandi Glanville “classy,” LOL. Lisa is a poseur, when you get right down to it. 

I think RealHousewife meant that, compared to Brandi Glanville, LVP seems “classy.”

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I wonder if they paid the diners at SUR for being extras when the restaurant pulled this crap. I can’t imagine sitting there, enjoying my goat cheese balls, when a strip routine or fight broke out among the staff.

Once again - in real life I agree.  If it was a trashy reality show I watched - I'd love it!!!😂

• Like 1
On 9/7/2024 at 2:34 AM, ZettaK said:

Brittany wanted to have a career in the entertainment business. She is still on The Valley, and she was photographed with a D list reality show guy. She didn't take her kid who has some medical issues back to Kentucky. But she was an enabler regarding Jax. Those two are not mutually exclusive. 

Precisely.  While I can be sympathetic to the place in which she finds herself, it's like the old adage - you saved the injured rattlesnake, knowing what it was and then acted surprised and hurt when it bit you.  

• Like 5