Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Magnolias in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

A romantic drama following three lifelong best friends, Sweet Magnolias is based on the popular series of books by Sherryl Woods. Set against the charming small-town backdrop of Serenity, South Carolina, Maddie (Joanna Garcia Swisher), Helen (Heather Headley), and Dana Sue (Brooke Elliott) deal with the complexities of juggling family, relationships, and careers. Making her return to TV as a series regular is none other than Jamie Lynn Spears, playing new Serenity resident Norreen Fitzgibbons. It's been over a decade since Spears headlined the Nickelodeon series Zoey 101.

I also requested a forum for the show.

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/108943-sweet-magnolias/?tab=comments#comment-6134232

Edited by Avabelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, CassieInMd said:

Is there a forum for the show? I am on Episode 6 and I just have to say that whoever did the wardrobe for the show needs to be replaced. They have some of the most unflattering clothing on these women. 

Agree.  They dress Joanna Garcia like a 40 year old teenager.  

• Love 2
On 1/25/2021 at 10:02 AM, Aunt Catfish said:

Agree.  They dress Joanna Garcia like a 40 year old teenager.  

I came here today specifically to say that whoever dresses her should be taken out back and given a severe talking-to. It's laughable.

• Love 1

What I find really frightening is the thought that someone out there might actually think that is how Southern women dress. It's like they went to Goodwill and chose the ugliest things they could find.

On 10/19/2023 at 1:53 PM, Orcinus orca said:

Seriously?  I think they have wrung all of the soap out of this opera that they can.

Pass.

There are quite a few books in the series they can draw from, but I can only watch a couple episodes of this before I quit for a long time. Much prefer the books.