Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: All Best Intentions

• Start Topic

(edited)

“How many calories does kissing burn”

Eugh, eugh, eugh...

Also, I haven’t finished the episode yet but is Tyler gay? His reaction to Annie kissing him just seems very over the top.

Bill and Noreen continue to incredibly tone deaf.

I quite liked the scenes with Helen and CeCe, I thought She was just going to be a typical bitchy teen girl but hoping there’s a bit more to her.

Unlike Jackson who is just a dope. I really wish Tyler would stop rising to it though.

Edited by Avabelle

Oh my God Bill and Noreen, read a room! 

I like CeCe, she is a bit more complicated than your typical Mean Girl. Jackson on the other hand is such a dick, Ty really just needs to ignore him. I half think that Jackson has a crush on Ty and is basically pulling his metaphorical pigtails to get his attention, but is deeply closeted and cant deal with his feelings. More likely though, he is just a massive tool. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/21/2020 at 10:01 AM, Avabelle said:

Bill and Noreen continue to incredibly tone deaf.

On 5/21/2020 at 5:45 PM, tennisgurl said:

Oh my God Bill and Noreen, read a room! 

lol...

I thought She was just going to be a typical bitchy teen girl but hoping there’s a bit more to her.

To be honest, I didn't think CeCe was a typical mean girl right from the start. The way she allowed herself to be so easily set up by Kyle. That whole situation, the way she was so embarrassed when Tyler basically looked at her like she was crazy in front of his friends, made it clear how vulnerable she is. And I didn't think she was out to hurt Annie with the party. I think she was fishing to know for sure what the status was between her and Tyler. 

Also, I haven’t finished the episode yet but is Tyler gay? His reaction to Annie kissing him just seems very over the top.

Nah, I just think he's uncomfortable because of their long history as friends. I thought his response to her drunk message was his way of clearly friend zoning her, so there could be no confusion. 

I can't tell though if he just absolutely has no interest in her in that way or if again based on their history, he's afraid to go down that path. Plus I wonder if he knows his brother obviously likes her, which complicates things even more. 

I will say, their argument after Jackson shared her message was pretty good and some of the most passion/fire I've seen from Tyler.

eta: Btw, forgot to give kudos to the writers for including that moment of Kyle asking Eric and kitchen kid (whose name I finally learned is Isaac) how you get a girl to like you and Isaac saying, "That's how stalkers think. You can't make someone like you". Yes, Isaac, thank you. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

When Maddie said to Tyler, you can't always predict who you're attracted to, maybe one day you'll understand that. And Tyler was just like, yah. I thought one of two things is going to play out: Tyler likes Annie or Tyler is gay. 

• Love 3

So.... I am guessing Patty might be Isaac's birth mother.  There seemed to be some obvious tells for a minor character.  Also, her one year in Memphis because her parents were divorced could have been a case of them whisking her out of a small town to hide a teenage pregnancy.

Really over the Tyler/Annie stuff.  She gives way too many longing glances.

Helen looked fab in that burgundy dress.  Did her hair have burgundy highlights too?

In addition to chef, sage, mediator, and teen whisperer we can add medic? doctor?  To Eric's eclectic resume of skills.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Agreed. I also don’t think either actor is strong enough to make it anyway endearing or appealing.

Tyler is either gay or he knows his brother likes Annie and he doesn’t wanna hurt him or him and Jackson the one he’s having a big argument with must have had a fling idk. ): But I kinda like Annie and Tyler but I also like the little brother ):

Ty should have given Annie a heads up that her message was shared. Regardless of whether he has feelings for her or not, she’s been a close friend and he owed her that much. 

I think Ty is freaking because all of his important relationships are changing at once and it’s too much for him. He might have feelings for Annie, but in his need for stability it’s too much for that relationship to change too. 

• Love 3
On 5/25/2020 at 9:37 PM, DearEvette said:

So.... I am guessing Patty might be Isaac's birth mother.  There seemed to be some obvious tells for a minor character.  Also, her one year in Memphis because her parents were divorced could have been a case of them whisking her out of a small town to hide a teenage pregnancy.

Helen looked fab in that burgundy dress.  Did her hair have burgundy highlights too?

In addition to chef, sage, mediator, and teen whisperer we can add medic? doctor?  To Eric's eclectic resume of skills.

I'm voting for doctor!!!

On 6/13/2020 at 9:37 PM, Angeleyes said:

I think Ty is freaking because all of his important relationships are changing at once and it’s too much for him. He might have feelings for Annie, but in his need for stability it’s too much for that relationship to change too. 

This was my take too. It was only a matter of time before the voice text got out, but I wish this show would not lean into every cliche so hard.....

I am anticipating the redemption of CeCe soon judging from Helen’s interest in her. Part of me would rather her just stay the semi-mean girl......

On 6/16/2020 at 9:16 PM, Aunt Catfish said:

Well, When Calls the Heart, the other silly show I've been binging did this EXACT SAME STORYLINE. A cook, who is actually a doctor, but is traumatized by the death of his wife...

On 5/25/2020 at 2:50 AM, truthaboutluv said:

To be honest, I didn't think CeCe was a typical mean girl right from the start. The way she allowed herself to be so easily set up by Kyle. That whole situation, the way she was so embarrassed when Tyler basically looked at her like she was crazy in front of his friends, made it clear how vulnerable she is. And I didn't think she was out to hurt Annie with the party. I think she was fishing to know for sure what the status was between her and Tyler. 

I also like her! She had me at "I don't do awkward"

• Love 1