Type keyword(s) to search

Masterchef (AU) Spoilers: Read at your own risk!

• Start Topic

Thought it might be time to check out the Sportsbet odds again to see if anything has changed in the past few weeks.

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/novelty-bets/masterchef-australia/masterchef-australia-2020-back-to-win-5042016

Reynold being odds-on at this early stage doesn't surprise me and Poh being part of the top three is probably a given.  Laura will make it a long way (hopefully not because of Jock).  But Reece at number five and Callum in the bottom six?  I can't see how that could possibly happen!

• Useful 2

I'd be very pleased if Reynold won. I really like Callum but if he can't win, calm and competent Reynold will make a fine winner and take away the sting of last season's winner who I really really really did not like at all!!!

They are still filming though right? So this isn't like a leaked result?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

They are still filming though right? So this isn't like a leaked result?

As far as I'm aware, they still are.  But in the past few seasons Sportsbet have been pretty accurate, especially with their predicted winners.  

(edited)
On 5/9/2020 at 6:08 AM, katisha said:

Thought it might be time to check out the Sportsbet odds again to see if anything has changed in the past few weeks.

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/novelty-bets/masterchef-australia/masterchef-australia-2020-back-to-win-5042016

Reynold being odds-on at this early stage doesn't surprise me and Poh being part of the top three is probably a given.  Laura will make it a long way (hopefully not because of Jock).  But Reece at number five and Callum in the bottom six?  I can't see how that could possibly happen!

We outside of Australia can't access sportsbet.  Any chance you could copy and paste in future posts so we can see for ourselves?  (I'm really curious where Tessa comes in 😉 )

Edited by ReallyRealReality
29 minutes ago, ReallyRealReality said:

We outside of Australia can't access sportsbet.  Any chance you could copy and paste in future posts so we can see for ourselves?  (I'm really curious where Tessa comes in 😉 )

Here you go

Screenshot_20200511-200217.thumb.png.db3862f5dcedff937d5027edb24c2ef3.png

504464592_Screenshot_20200511-2002312.thumb.png.45d5db2327b65381a48b808a39c90ea3.png

Thank you!!!!!

Poor Simon, I hope he can stick around longer than Laura... I'm ready for her to go.  Tessa's odds are middle of the pack, which gives me hope she still has a chance,, but I'm really surprised Reece is slightly better than her.  Huh?!!!!

Wow, huge change. But I usually find the odds get far more accurate by this point of the season (I guess because the final/final episodes actually happen and people on set leak), so I have to imagine that's a likely top 3?

9 hours ago, ReallyRealReality said:

But I'm kinda surprise Emelia's up there now, she really hasn't been shown that much.

I remember this happened to Elena. She was basically in the background the majority of S8 and then really started getting attention with less than 8-6 contestants remaining. I think it's more the show favouring some contestants too early on for their stories and personalities. They end up overlooking more talented and quieter contestants. Similar thing happened with Billie; I remember Georgia getting way more attention for most of the series.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Athena said:

I remember this happened to Elena. She was basically in the background the majority of S8 and then really started getting attention with less than 8-6 contestants remaining. I think it's more the show favouring some contestants too early on for their stories and personalities. They end up overlooking more talented and quieter contestants. Similar thing happened with Billie; I remember Georgia getting way more attention for most of the series.

If that's the case, it's very poor production.  I never saw Emelia's season so I know nothing about her except what they showed leading up to the sushi train immunity challenge.  It's tough for the public to have faith enough in any contestant to wager on them winning if they never get to see them!  As it is, here we are with over 25 episodes in and whenever I see a wide shot of the contestants I try naming them off and actually have difficulty because I can't remember which one they are, or what their name is (sorry Emelia, it's taken a while).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@katisha!!!!

We don't have a new week thread yet but can you tell me what happened tonight?

I always love to know what happens based on your comments before I watch a few days later!

Haa, I do that as well with eliminations & pressure tests! I like to know beforehand who's going home. Thank you @katisha  😄 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@katisha!!!!

We don't have a new week thread yet but can you tell me what happened tonight?

I always love to know what happens based on your comments before I watch a few days later!

Sorry, @Mellowyellow! I usually don't go out on a "school night", especially now, but tonight a friend invited me over for dinner so I watched MC a bit later than usual. 🙂

• LOL 1

I wonder if they've filmed the final episode yet?

Because just for the franchise's sake I hope the odds are correct and Emelia is the winner.

MasterChef is all about being wholesome. I don't see how they can let Reynold win.

Would they strip him of the title? Refilm it? He's going to be the new MasterChef Voldemort if he wins.

• Love 1
On 5/29/2020 at 11:17 PM, Mellowyellow said:

Because just for the franchise's sake I hope the odds are correct and Emelia is the winner.

MasterChef is all about being wholesome. I don't see how they can let Reynold win.

In the latest market without Jess (😢😢😢), Emilia is still the favourite but it appears pretty clear Reynold will be the last man standing.  The bottom five in the market are all blokes at the moment and the current boot order would be something like Simon, then Brendan, then Callum, then Khanh, then Reece. 

Sportsbet have got the last few years very right but this season it's all over the place.  They predicted Jess for top four and she's gone.  Does anyone know if this season will have the usual second chance for the eliminated contestants?

I can "almost" live with that, but only if Emilia wins.  To me, it wouldn't be fair if Laura won because of Jock.  I don't want "I'm not a homophobe but gay people are freaks" Reynold to win either, and I'm sick of the sight and sound of Poh and we've got weeks of her to go yet, so I kind of hope she finishes second again. God, I hope the bookies are right!

• Love 1

Latest odds:

Emelia Jackson 1.19

Laura Sharrad 5.00

Reynold Poenomo 7.00

Poh Ling Yeow 20.00

Callum Hann 45.00

Khanh Ong 51.00

Sarah Tiong 67.00

Reece Hignell 81.00

Brendan Pang 91.00

Tessa Boersma 101.00

7 hours ago, retrograde said:

Latest odds:

(...)

Betting is not very common in my country so not sure how that works. Is that based on what people think will happen, or is it based on some spoiler info that people actually have?

12 minutes ago, Sarnia said:

Betting is not very common in my country so not sure how that works. Is that based on what people think will happen, or is it based on some spoiler info that people actually have?

Well, for the past three or four years, it's clear someone involved in the production of the show must have been leaking stuff because Sportsbet were absolutely correct about the winner.  Even in Elena's season when she'd had virtually no airtime, she was right at the top of the market.  

This season the market has been a lot less consistent and I've been wondering if COVID-19 has had an impact i.e. there's likely a lot less crew than there would have been in past seasons, or else they've plugged up the leaks somehow!  But Emilia has been the favourite for the last few weeks and whilst the order behind her keeps changing, she is staying at the top so I think that might be significant.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, katisha said:

This season the market has been a lot less consistent and I've been wondering if COVID-19 has had an impact i.e. there's likely a lot less crew than there would have been in past seasons, or else they've plugged up the leaks somehow!  

Plus they probably have no more service challenges, which usually involve many diners. But I agree they must still have some insight into who competed in the finale itself. Every other online betting site has the same top three, but a fair bit of variation in places 4-9. And as we just saw, Sportsbet didn't seem to have banked on Sarah T going last night.

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, xchouchoutex said:

I read somewhere on facebook that they’re filming the finals, and guess who are the top 3 .. 

-Reynold

-Poh

-Laura

God, I so hope the ones about Emilia winning are true, then.  Knowing Callum is probably going to go next means the only one I could stand to win this season is Emilia.

• Love 3

I'm ok with Laura.

I actually think she's an excellent cook who can do both sweet and savoury when she's not focussed on pasta.

Laura and Emilia are both ok choices for me. The others not so much.

Callum is my dream winner but that's not happening. I've had an excellent run on the other competitive cooking shows this year but probably not with MC AU.

• Love 1
(edited)

THREE WORDS (okay one is not so much a "word" but kind of...):

CELEBRITY MASTERCHEF UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TVBitch !!!!! I know you're watching with me!

I'll come back here at some point to see who won Masterchef AU. Sadly, it is no longer must see TV for me 😞 I'm really impressed at those of you, whom I respect and admire as commenters, managed to hang in for this entire season.

So I just noticed I posted this in spoilers and I have no idea really, who even remains in the contest, so I'll just mosey over to the latest episode thread.......

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm ok with Laura.

Actually, she would be fine too. As long as it's not the "shoved down our throats" Poh or Reynold, that's okay by me.

• Love 2

Wow, it doesn't take them long!  Here are the first lot of Sportsbet odds for the 2021 season.  I must say I'm pretty surprised so far with who's at the top of the pile (but I also don't know who 80% of these people are!)

Kishwar 3.25

Therese 4.50

Sabina 5.50

Minoli 7.50

Elise 9.00

Tom 10.00

Tommy 10.00

Wynona 11.00

Depinder 12.00

Maja 13.00

Pete 14.00

Amir 15.00

Conor 15.00

Aaron 17.00

Scott 21.00

Eric 26.00

Katrina 26.00

Dan 31.00

Jess 34.00

Trent 34.00

Brent 41.00

Justin 41.00

Linda 46.00

Yo Yo 51.00

Yo Yo

2 minutes ago, katisha said:

How in the fleeping fleep is JUSTIN the favourite?  JUSTIN!!! 

I seriously do now know which one he is😅

I've been listening to the files while I'm dog walking so I've got no idea who these people are.

11 hours ago, katisha said:

Nooo... he's still the favourite! :(  And here are the top five in the market to make the final three.

Latest SB.jpg

I finally know who he is and like: WTF!!!

Anyone else (except Connor and Eric) would make more sense!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I finally know who he is and like: WTF!!!

Anyone else (except Connor and Eric) would make more sense!

I know, right? Not only is he very annoying with his tryhard acting like he's 15 (because he's a "youth pastor", I assume) but he's barely cooked even one memorable dish.  How he gets from that to winning the whole bloody thing, I can't even begin to imagine!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, katisha said:

Yep... Justin is now a raging hot favourite. 

Screenshot_20210628-111127_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hmm, the top 3 one had Tommy go before Linda. Well, I'll take this elimination order. Elise going before top 3 is very much desirable for me, even if Tommy must stay over Linda. But I want Kishwar to win now - apparently Depinder and Pete have both made gross ice cream AGAIN - so naturally she leaves at the top 4.