Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Love You Like A Sister

• Start Topic

NMFS (National Marine Fisheries Service) agent Jackie Quiñones has a wrench thrown in her fun, free-wheeling, booze-addled life when she uncovers a dead body on the beach, plunging her into the center of a complicated -- and dangerous -- opioid ring investigation.

(edited)

Trailer, show premiers 5/17/20.

Creator and show runner. worked on Gotham as producer and also The Mentalist.  Jerry Bruckheimer is exec. producer so some muscle.

I don't recognize any of the actors.

From the trailer, it's nominally a story about a young woman who decides to investigate a murder in Cape Cod.  She hooks up with other women, gets high a lot.

So a queer, Millenial/Gen Z version of Sharp Objects?

Not sure if this is a limited series or they hope to run multiple seasons if the ratings are there.

If nothing else, maybe we get a look at a lot of Cape Cod but it appears they will show the underbelly of it, not the glamorous travelogue version, necessarily.

Never been to New England so I don't know what kind of glamor there is.  Must be an attraction for some well-off people from Boston area but not as glamorous as Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket?

Edited by scrb

Im very familiar w the area, and I can’t wait for this show.  I really liked the trailer, esp the end where the woman on the sand covered w seaweed says “watch out...tides coming in”.  Indeed.

I watched the sneak peek that came on after the "Outlander" finale.  Interesting.  The only time I've been to P'town was one day during Carnivale on my way to a whale watching trip.  This could be an interesting series except that I do wish the main female lead didn't drink of take so many drugs.  I was amused how she kept saying she was with law enforcement since she works for Fish and Wildlife and loves wearing her badge to pick up women.

(edited)

I also caught it after Outlander.

Much to my chagrin it starred Gabby from Chicago Fire. So that’s where she ended up.

Same arrogant attitude. She is just not all that. 

She reminds me of what Mick Jagger said about Madonna: a thimble full of talent in an ocean of ambition.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Saw the early premiere. I was a little worried about Monica as the lead as well after seeing her in Chicago Fire. Granted both characters are arrogant but at least everyone here knows that she is messed up and not some perfect paragon. I just feel that she is going to be a screw up even if she is trying to do the right thing. 

Will say I liked the first episode. Oddly it wasn't Monica's character that bothered me, it was the main male lead. There is just something creepy about how on one hand he kind of entraps Riley Voelkel's character to force her cooperation while also trying to be a nice guy hitting on her. 

Yeah not needing all the peeing. Could of just cut to right at the end and had the character pull up their pants. It would have been understood. 

• Love 1

i have to say, I liked it (a bit) more than I thought I would.  I've never seen the actors in it (except possibly the police chief), so I don't have any preconceptions.  There was some humor in it, which I appreciated.  I hope after this first episode it will settle down and focus on good story telling rather than shock value.  I didn't mind the female lead peeing, it was pretty natural.  I hope her rehab takes, I'm not really into watching shows who leads are excessively drinking or using.

• Love 3
On 5/17/2020 at 7:34 PM, mjc570 said:

i have to say, I liked it (a bit) more than I thought I would.  I've never seen the actors in it (except possibly the police chief), so I don't have any preconceptions.

I like shows that don’t use the same actors as everyone else does.  Nothing more annoying than actors being in two shows that are in the same season.  Plus based on the accents there are definitely a bunch of local actors in the show.  

I caught this tonight with my Mom. I wonder if the woman who was hiding in the bushes during the original murder (the second woman wearing the LYLAS necklace) is a sister to the young man who’s 90 days clean, who was cleaning up the doc in the last scene would the woman’s fingernail. He said he had been clean for 90days, and his number was the number she knew by heart- that makes me think he was a family member. 

On 5/24/2020 at 11:04 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I caught this tonight with my Mom. I wonder if the woman who was hiding in the bushes during the original murder (the second woman wearing the LYLAS necklace) is a sister to the young man who’s 90 days clean, who was cleaning up the doc in the last scene would the woman’s fingernail. He said he had been clean for 90days, and his number was the number she knew by heart- that makes me think he was a family member. 

Fingernail!  Thanks.  I watched it twice, still couldn't figure out what that thing was.  Shaped like a bullet, colored like a gummy, maybe a pill?

1 hour ago, candall said:

Fingernail!  Thanks.  I watched it twice, still couldn't figure out what that thing was.  Shaped like a bullet, colored like a gummy, maybe a pill?

Yeah it was the tip of a finger.