Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: The Gang is Satirized and Doesn’t Like It

• Start Topic

A former divorce client, Duncan Herz, seeks the firm’s help, claiming a buzzy new play running in Chicago is based on his divorce and shares specific details that unearth more than just his dirty laundry. Diane attempts to get to the heart of Memo 618 when a missing case leads her to the corporate overlords themselves, STR Laurie.

Airdate: May 7, 2020

Luca, did you bring your baby on this trip to St. Lucia?  I'm just waiting this woman to suddenly get annoyed an boot Luca out of her life and then sue for some absurd reason.  I'm not sure what to think of the rest of the episode although that last scene was great.

5 hours ago, showme said:

So Liz did hook up with the white lawyer (name?) that works for her? Seems that play is having a hell lot of effects on their sex lives.

Yes , but why DIDN'T WE GET A SCENE OF IT?????? I feel so ripped off.  I hope they show it next episode.

I love this show this season...I just hate the CBS All Access player as it takes me nearly two hours to watch it because it stops, buffers and then kicks me off...no other streamer does that but CBS...

Anyway, loved this episode and I am hoping the series is leading to meshing Diane with Julius as they seek the truth about the memo. Adrian's hostility seemed surprising but understandable.

I think I laughed way to hard at Kurt's reaction to the play.."Your work is more interesting than I thought".

• Love 3
On 5/7/2020 at 7:13 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes , but why DIDN'T WE GET A SCENE OF IT?????? I feel so ripped off.  I hope they show it next episode.

Considering the promo, we will get a scene next week. I am afraid this will get weird, Marissa seems to like him: the scene where she hands the drafts of the screenplay, he thanks her and she stares back a while... 

Plus by the promo I am thinking his "honest" approach is a cover to get The Gang's trust and be able to spy confortably. That would be too bad, I am liking him. And I ADORE Aubra. 

• Love 3

Diane a dominatrix. Never saw that coming.

Yeah, Caleb. Lack of opportunity. Right. 🙄 You could spread that smooth line on toast.

Christine Baranski has pretty tight body for a woman knocking on 70.

Wait, Liz slept with Caleb? Just like that? Oh I bet that's going to be trouble. I think he's more than he appears to be, in an "up to something" kind of way. Something that hasn't been revealed on the show yet.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't Liz married? I thought that last season she was married to a cop.

They divorced, I believe. 

I was slightly disappointed that the play didn't take a swipe at Maya, but I see how it would not have served the story they were telling. 

Fun to see Jon Michael Hill in a very different role from Elementary. 

I rolled my eyes a bit at how easy it was for Marissa to get all the drafts but I was happy to see her investigating instead of doing admin work and when she joked about the playwrights hating each other I forgave her.

• Useful 1
On 5/7/2020 at 3:07 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Just so everyone knows, this episode is based on a real play and playwright.

I see the parallels in the plot of the play and the disgruntled talkback woman. Was there also a defamation angle or was that just for additional drama? 

I was disappointed in Adrian's reaction. Not only was it unethical it also wasn't particularly interesting. 

• Love 1