Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E14: Top 9 Performances

• Start Topic

Airs May 11, 2020

“The Voice” Top 9 artists perform in front of coaches Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton for their chance at a spot in the finale. Carson Daly ("TODAY Show") hosts.

(edited)

I think collectively, the Voice did a side-eye at AI and really up'ed their game's in terms of the visuals for the the contestants performances tonight.

Tod Tilghman is going to get a chance to record a Contemporary Christian Music record or EP regardless of what happens next week. I hear snippets of Mac Powell from Third Day, an older Jeremy Camp, and at least a couple of other male CCM artists in there too. As a performance his song tonight just worked. It did. The visuals with his kids all flanking him, the vocals, the emotion....to me, despite Toneisha's beast of a voice, he's Blake's guaranteed spot in the finale.

I was not as impressed with CammWess on Rainbow as the Coach's panel. To me, Zan's performance earlier in the night should take John's spot for next week. Thunderstorm for Nick and probably Micah for Team Kelly (although I think the difference between Micah and Megan is smaller than just about every other team).

That would leave Toneisha, Joanna, CammWess, Megan Danielle, and Allegra competing for the Instant Save. I would say Toneisha should have the inside track for that, but I also feel like Joanna or Allegra can't be overlooked because the twitter vote always seems to skew younger than the vote at-large.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

OK, maybe I'm just going hard of hearing, but I couldn't understand a WORD of Zan's song.  The melody was really pretty - she has a great voice - but her enunciation stinks.

It wasn't just you. I couldn't understand it plus I found her hard to hear. The song Todd sang is one of my all time favorite songs ever. I'm still rooting for Toneisha to take it all. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

to me, despite Toneisha's beast of a voice, he's Blake's guaranteed spot in the finale

Agree about her voice, but she really needs to learn ALL the words of a song before moving forward in her career.

8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

OK, maybe I'm just going hard of hearing, but I couldn't understand a WORD of Zan's song.  The melody was really pretty - she has a great voice - but her enunciation stinks.

I thought she sounded weak in the higher notes, which was a lot of the song. I didn't vote for her because of this. I agree about her enunciation, but one of the other younger girls has the same issue. I can't remember her name. 

I taped the show and haven't seen all of it yet, but the ones I voted for are Jennifer, Micah, Todd and Thunderstorm. 

• Love 2

I have found that I can hear songs much better when I watch it on YouTube than when I watch the episode on my TV.   I've wondered if they tweak the audio levels before they put it on YT... or it could just be the speakers in my TV are bad.

10 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I thought she sounded weak in the higher notes, which was a lot of the song. I didn't vote for her because of this. I agree about her enunciation, but one of the other younger girls has the same issue. I can't remember her name.

Allegra is the young girl from Nick's team.  She has a nice tone but needs to enunciate better.  I think it's because she doesn't really open her mouth.

I thought Zan was really good in her knockouts.  I've been disappointed by her last two performances even though I do think she sounded better this week than last. 

For each team, I like Micah for Kelly, Thunderstorm for Nick, Toneisha for Blake, and Cammweiss for John.  Since I think Todd is going to win for Blake's team, I hope Toneisha gets the instant save. 

• Love 2

Honestly I think I enjoyed "Everyday People" at the beginning more than any other performance. It was happy, full of joy, and everybody seemed really into it. 

• Love 2