Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E20: Wrecked

• Start Topic

Just because your BFF has diplomatic immunity doesn't allow you to drive under the influence and to commit vehicular manslaughter. 

I wonder how much of that 10 million is Taylor and her friend's children actually going to get? 

• Love 1

One of the first episodes where the TAC team didn't find out something important they should have known from the beginning. Or was it.... shouldn't they have traced where the girls went that night after the murder?

• Love 3

Taylor up on the stand, replying that 'Trial Advisement is legal. We don't don't try to manipulate the jury or do anything illegal, etc.'  All the while crossing her fingers and hoping nobody asks how they get their jury pool data, or about illegal wiretapping.

• Love 3

When Benny asked that influencer on the witness stand how drunk he thought the girl was, the other lawyer IRL would absolutely have objected because it is speculation.  Also, they never made it clear why the subpoena was granted for the housekeeper but not the original kid, when it seems even more speculative to call the housekeeper, because it extends the speculative chain that was already denied by the judge as the base in the first place.

Also, when Taylor gave that speech that the opposing lawyer ended up trying to discredit because of where she worked, she had been answering a fairly specific question that Benny asked (can't recall now what it was).  But her answer went greatly beyond what was asked, and IRL I'm pretty sure the lawyer would have objected; and I don't think he would have let her go on just so he could try to shoot it down, because he knows that some things stick with the jury no matter how much you try to discredit it and I don't think he could take the chance that this might be one of those times.

I also thought it was super weird that when Taylor came home late and found Henry asleep on the couch, that she chose then to tell him about the lawsuit.  Actually, I can't imagine why she would tell him about it at all, until it was over and she knew the results, and could decide if there was anything to be gained from telling him if they lost.  

Another weird thing was at the very end, when Toby's parents came to Taylor's apt.  We heard Henry answer the door, and clearly there wasn't yet time for the parents to exchange quick pleasantries with Henry and then make it over to where Taylor was.  Yet we heard Taylor say that thing about "Hello Henry's friend's parents" (or whatever it was) as though she was saying it to them...and if instead she was supposed to be saying it to herself to prep herself, then it was waaayyy too loud for that.

And final complaint, I don't know why Taylor insists on wearing such dull color and unflattering style blouses.

I normally can’t get through an episode without getting frustrated with off the wall legal errors, mishaps and just sloppy writing on law, procedure and evidence, but, I did watch last night. It wasn’t clear, but, there is a difference in obtaining documents, items, etc and people to appear. Apparently, no one filed to quash the subpoena to appear for the housekeeper, like they did the son. 

I need to watch the accident scene again to see just why she walked out that way.  

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I normally can’t get through an episode without getting frustrated with off the wall legal errors, mishaps and just sloppy writing on law, procedure and evidence, but, I did watch last night.

I appreciated that they managed to file a lawsuit and have the trial, all before the friend's funeral.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, the timing is way off on this show. They often seem to skip over discovery periods, as if jury selection starts within a few days of the incident.   I like the premise of the show, but, it is tough to watch for many reasons. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

A civil lawsuit would take months to even get a court date and then likely last a year (in duration, with lots of stops and starts).

2 plot holes I saw: 

The housekeeper saying the 'real' driver got out of the car doesn't mean anything. The 'false' driver could have said she was too upset and they switched.

The 'real' driver had an injured left arm.  How would she get that if she was in the passenger seat?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, jabRI said:

The 'real' driver had an injured left arm.  How would she get that if she was in the passenger seat?

You can get an injured arm in a crash, whether you are driver or passenger.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2020 at 8:14 PM, LuvMyShows said:

When Benny asked that influencer on the witness stand how drunk he thought the girl was, the other lawyer IRL would absolutely have objected because it is speculation.  Also, they never made it clear why the subpoena was granted for the housekeeper but not the original kid, when it seems even more speculative to call the housekeeper, because it extends the speculative chain that was already denied by the judge as the base in the first place.

It isn't really speculation. It is one of the things that falls under the "lay person's powers of observation." Lay people are allowed to comment on things generally known by lay people -- estimate distance, estimate speed, describe emotions they saw displayed, describe drunkenness, etc. He wouldn't be allowed to opine, "she looked like she'd had 9-10 drinks" but he would be allowed to testify, "she looked very intoxicated to me. She was slurring her words, falling over, spilling her drink, etc." Those things are not speculative, but direct observations. Speculation would be saying whether or not she was over the legal amount to drive.

The insurance company of the owner of the car would be the one paying the damages, and anything unpaid by the insurance (over the limits) would be paid by the insured (the diplomat or the embassy). So, I'd expect Henry would get all of that at some point, less TAC's fees and costs (I don't know if you can attach costs in NY). 

Um, topic? I'm glad Taylor and Henry decided he'd be better in Denver. That might not be the best in the long run, but for now, the best thing is probably to be surrounded by familiarity. I hope Taylor & Bull set up a trust and a local attorney to manage the estate.

• Love 2

So I watched the episode of Bull "wrecked".  Did the diplomat pay off the housekeeper to say it was Jade behind the wheel? Cause if they switched places after the accident than Sonya should have been behind the wheel going to the guys house.

(edited)
On 5/13/2020 at 4:50 PM, casflower58 said:

So I watched the episode of Bull "wrecked".  Did the diplomat pay off the housekeeper to say it was Jade behind the wheel? Cause if they switched places after the accident than Sonya should have been behind the wheel going to the guys house.

No.  They did not switch places after the accident.   That possibility was never mentioned.  Jade got out of the car at the accident scene briefly from the drivers side and then got back in on that Same side.  That’s when Taylor saw her. She then drove the car to their friends where the housekeeper let her in the gate and then saw her get out of the drivers side.    The whole point of calling the housekeeper was to prove who she saw behind the wheel.  

I am really getting annoyed with the premise that trials can start the same week as  the event.  How does Benny  manage to build a case in Just a couple days?  Maybe this crew would  find out information before the trial if it actually started after Benny had built his case. 

Edited by mythoughtis