Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Justice Served (Updates on the Cases)

I'm watching this ep on VOD and it is surprisingly enjoyable.  I was leery about it because John Walsh, although genuinely doing a lot of good in the world, has, to me, become a little bit in love with his own image.  Some of his appearances and special shows have seemed to be more about him than the issues or topics he is supposed to be presenting.  Having said that, wow this ep of CJ was really interesting and he was a good moderator for the discussion of what had to be terribly emotionally overwhelming events and actions.  I was reminded that he handles the victims' families with so much empathy because he's been through the black hole of violent loss himself. 

I thought this ep also did a great job of quickly summarizing cases and highlighting things that were pivotal to breaking the case open.  And, they give the local authorities credit for legwork and good, solid casefiles from crime scenes, etc., which is good.

It was neat to hear about some of these monsters finally facing their actions.  It is disheartening that seeing them all in a row, as it were, showed how many of them committed heinous acts in the name of expediency.  Some are for gain, but so many of them are because the person was just going to cause them trouble in some way.  The recognition of how many people are able to do things like this for no "overhwhelming" (to use a completely inadequate word) reason, according to their own lights, is a little saddening.

• Love 2

I especially love that Kelly, Yolanda and the guys have such an easy banter among themselves and make fun of each other playfully. Loved the outtakes at the end.

So glad that these cases have been solved or are on their way to being solved and I appreciated the updates.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed the updates. And have to agree that I was was surprised that Kelly and Yolanda had never worked together. They seem like old friends.

The show itself can be very serious and and dark, so I love that they can laugh with each other. I love seeing that.

• Love 1

The most disturbing part of the ep was Kelly's disappointment at them not hitting that poor deer. I loved the updates, and did a whole lot of crying, I will admit, but I really loved the outtakes. The whole team have such a great rapport together. They do seem like they've been working together for ages.

• Love 3

JohnnyBonds is a big ol' marshmallow softie! I would not have expected such a big, hardened cop to be so teary. Aww, c'mere JohnnyBonds! Lemme squish ya!

Like everybody else, I liked all the updates and the outtakes. And the photo of JohnnyBonds as a young'un.

• Love 5
(edited)

I absolutely loved this special. The women were as awesome as ever, and I was really pleasantly surprised at how good John Walsh was. One of my favorite moments when was when the ever-warm Kelly said something about what victims' families go through, and she reached over and gave Walsh an empathetic touch on the arm. And speaking of empathetic . . . I had to go get a box of tissues because every time JohnnyBonds got teary-eyed, I'd start up, too. Great show!

Edited by Portia
  • Love 3

I just am amazed at how many criminals have already been apprehended because of this show. It's remarkable, and I agree that both ladies do bring the warmth and empathy, which is crucial when dealing with such crimes and the families affected.