Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Packing Heat

Tommy's relationship with her GF has to be put on the backburner. Too much interference with her police work and her public persona.

What is the obnoxious dickhead's job that is always with the mayor? He deserves Tommy's shoe up his ass.

ETA: Obviously, I wrote this↑ before the show was over. Anyway I'm glad she broke it off.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

When Blake said she'd been in the missing guy's apartment, why didn't dude ask her how she got in? Isn't the door being open when no one is home rather noteworthy?

I agreed about the bad optics of Kiley/Tommy relationship, and it bothers me that Kiley wanted Tommy to sacrifice her own career for their relationship, when Kiley herself wasn't willing to make a similar sacrifice. For me, just her dismissive attitude about it was enough to say they should split up. You need a partner who cares about and wants to help prevent this kind of mess, not one who laughs about it and expects you to handle it on your own while you ride around self-justifying. They might not have been able to resolve it anyway, but Kiley's attitude told me it wasn't worth even trying. I guess Tommy agreed.

I like Blake, though, and I hope she sees through The Mayor and his hypocrisy. Tommy is bad at the political parts of her job and she does need to get better at it and take it more seriously. But Mr. Mayor is a piece of work.

I appreciate that this show manages to show ethical complexity, like with the gun issue. Like with the Tommy-Kiley relationship, things are not always simple and also they are not always as they appear.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, possibilities said:

You need a partner who cares about and wants to help prevent this kind of mess, not one who laughs about it and expects you to handle it on your own while you ride around self-justifying. They might not have been able to resolve it anyway, but Kiley's attitude told me it wasn't worth even trying.

Especially since Tommy is much more visible and appears to be constantly in the public's view. Kiley was being self-centered and was relying on Tommy to cleanup the public perception. I'm glad this is over as it was too much of a distraction from her "real work."  Now she's got to do something to fix the mayor and his obnoxious and devious sidekick along with protecting Blake. 

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

I didn’t think either was at fault more than the other. And I don’t know if they could have predicted that there would be this overlap of conflicting stakeholders. At least it didn’t happen after they had been invested in the relationship for 6 months or so. That would have been messier. 

15 hours ago, possibilities said:

appreciate that this show manages to show ethical complexity, like with the gun issue. Like with the Tommy-Kiley relationship, things are not always simple and also they are not always as they appear.

Agree, and also with the scholarship kid. 

• Love 1

Kinda liked the cat that photobombed the opening scene in the mini-market.  Get that cat an agent!

Also liked Tommy's look of pure exasperation when she hears Kiley on the newscast.  Poor Tommy, she's probably wondering if there's a job available somewhere far away.  I agree that she's way under speed on the political aspects of her job.  She needs to huddle up really fast with her staff and start taking their advice.  And then Blake dumps another problem on her.

Blake's mailbox has better security than her apartment complex.

Way to go, Mr. Mayor.  Open up a presentation for schoolchildren to a press conference.  You had to know they were going for the jugular right then.  Why do it in front of kids?

RIP Mark Blum.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I could habe swore that Detective Diaz spoke Spanish. I was waiting for him to drop the act and switch over when questioning the little sister. It was odd for the Chief of policing a city of 4 million citizens plus workers coming in from the suburbs would be making decisions that the D.A. does for a single case of a single kid with a gun.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:05 PM, Dowel Jones said:

Kinda liked the cat that photobombed the opening scene in the mini-market.  Get that cat an agent!

Also liked Tommy's look of pure exasperation when she hears Kiley on the newscast.  Poor Tommy, she's probably wondering if there's a job available somewhere far away.  I agree that she's way under speed on the political aspects of her job.  She needs to huddle up really fast with her staff and start taking their advice.  And then Blake dumps another problem on her.

Blake's mailbox has better security than her apartment complex.

Way to go, Mr. Mayor.  Open up a presentation for schoolchildren to a press conference.  You had to know they were going for the jugular right then.  Why do it in front of kids?

RIP Mark Blum.

I saw that at the end. Can anyone tell me which character he was? If I watch again, where will I see him?

3 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

I saw that at the end. Can anyone tell me which character he was? If I watch again, where will I see him?

I'm pretty sure he's the tall, thin guy who was following & spoke with Blake(?) in the apartment hallway.  Don't hold me to it though!!

image.png.143dd35ed7119536f67109927774c053.png

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm pretty sure he's the tall, thin guy who was following & spoke with Blake(?) in the apartment hallway.  Don't hold me to it though!!

image.png.143dd35ed7119536f67109927774c053.png

On 4/26/2020 at 1:33 PM, MMEButterfly said:

I believe he was the coroner that Blake spoke with. 

• Love 4