Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 (2020) Discussion

• Start Topic

CW PR announced earlier that not only will we be airing episodes in Spring, we'll be on throughout Summer too. Spring we'll be the lead in for 'Roswell New Mexico' and then Summer we're the lead in for Penn & Teller's new season.

• Love 2

"Do you want me to ride you?"

*Ryan just walks away* 

LOL.

I was half expecting somebody to mention toilet paper when the audience was suggesting items that we might one day have a shortage of. That would've been eerie. 

• Love 1

'Chip Esten 3' has been scheduled for 4/20

Also new to the schedule -- We're upping our slot times on TheCW. We'll also be on Friday that week, Reruns after a Penn & Teller Rerun. Looks to be a one time thing before it becomes a regular thing in Mid May. So we'll be on the schedule on Mondays (w/a New episode) and Fridays (Reruns)

• Love 2

So great to have a guest star sit at the front like Greg Proops. I really don't like the guest stars having to run through the stage to get into a skit. Great show. I laughed at the dying squirrel  bit when the audience gasped.

Still not a big fan of the musical numbers. They are more cringy than entertaining.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, 12Medbe said:

We haven't seen Sound FX open the show since 2001!

I would rather they go back to the original format having Ryan do the sound fx for Colin. The audience ones always end up with the same tropes now. At least this time one of them tried and was making a decent number of sounds at first.

23 hours ago, lynxfx said:

I would rather they go back to the original format having Ryan do the sound fx for Colin. The audience ones always end up with the same tropes now. At least this time one of them tried and was making a decent number of sounds at first.

Yeah, would be nice. Unfortunately the producers favor this concept

I had to re-download the CW app to see the episodes but I'm glad I did. I think I pulled something when they (maybe) facetimed that woman. And while I normally am not a huge fan of the guests I really liked Amber Riley 

And I don't care if I'm alone at the table - I always crack up at Helping Hands. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

I had to re-download the CW app to see the episodes but I'm glad I did. I think I pulled something when they (maybe) facetimed that woman. And while I normally am not a huge fan of the guests I really liked Amber Riley 

And I don't care if I'm alone at the table - I always crack up at Helping Hands. 

I love it too. I also really miss Newsflash with Colin in front of the green screen. The Dentist skit still makes me laugh so hard I cry. Due to the subject it is hard to find.

• Love 2
On 4/17/2020 at 10:38 PM, juno said:

I love it too. I also really miss Newsflash with Colin in front of the green screen. The Dentist skit still makes me laugh so hard I cry. Due to the subject it is hard to find.

You'll see some Newsflash this season, count on it.

• Love 1

"I'm wearing a top hat and a thong, that's it."

Do I...want to know the story behind that text :p? 

I loved "Questions" and "Scenes from a Hat". The trapeze artists trying to ask each other out in the pickup lines bit cracked me up :D. 

• Love 2

Was this the first time they’ve had two guys for the text message game?  Really gives it a new vibe, no?

Have they ever had guys for sound effects?  I’m sure they must have, but I can’t remember. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Was this the first time they’ve had two guys for the text message game?  Really gives it a new vibe, no?

Have they ever had guys for sound effects?  I’m sure they must have, but I can’t remember. 

They've had guys in Sound FX before, rare thing. But two male audience members on a game is extremely rare.

• Love 2

"Would you introduce my hot dog to your beaver?" God...:D. 

Sound Effects was fun. And I like Candice's superpower ideas (also really liked her outfit, it was cute).

And yes, what the hell was going on in that "Film Dub" clip :p? 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Annber03 said:

And I like Candice's superpower ideas (also really liked her outfit, it was cute).

17 hours ago, 12Medbe said:

One quote came to mind tonight: "Too Hot for TV"

I had a sneaking suspicion that would be the only game we saw Candice do - aside from the credits. And you know her second idea was not to have flames coming out of her ... eyes.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/8/2020 at 5:42 PM, lynxfx said:

They have been doing live chats on youtube before the new episodes premiere. 

If you go to Wayne Brady's youtube page at 7 PM EDT or one hour prior to the show, that's when they do their live Zoom chat each week.

Edited by Loandbehold
  • Love 1

Gary's on tomorrow's episode. Be aware, that the next new episode after this one will be June 1st. May 18th is a Penn & Teller Covid-19 special, and then May 25 we observe Memorial Day. 

• Love 1

I thought it was interesting that last week, Wayne was competing against himself (guest role in The Neighborhood  on CBS in the same time slot), and If the season hadn’t been cut short, Cedric would have been in the same position this week. 

• Love 1

"He eats a lot of green stuff.
"And Olive Oyl!"

LOL, everyone's reactions to that :D. I also love how Colin's character in the "Let's Make a Date" game was trying not to drown, and then right afterward in "Film Dub", he did the voice for a character that nearly drowned in the water :p.

• Love 1

"Why are you keeping it at my house?!" 

LMAO, I love the "Whose Line" game :D. That was quite an...interesting take on Romeo & Juliet

Also loved Wayne's line during Props: "You are the worst Klansman ever." And "Let's Make a Date" was just...all kinds of wrong :p. 

"You mean, the MeToo skunk, Pepe Le Pew?" LMAO. I loved the "opening lines in a sermon" bit in "Scenes from a Hat", too. 

Ryan sounded kinda nice at times during some of the song bits tonight. 

• Love 1
On 3/30/2020 at 8:57 PM, Annber03 said:

"Is that still a show?" 

That shipping container box song should be used in all the ads for that lady's job :D. 

They just reran this one, and I realize it’s one of my favorites. The guest (Amber Riley?)  - I don’t remember her at all from Glee, but she had just the right mix of improv, singing talent, and just going with it. Plus, “is this still a show?”  

• Love 2