Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Cornelius Ruck

mxc90
  • Start Topic

First Aired: March 27, 2020

Secluded on a private island, Red reunites with an old flame and a ring of thieves in a plot to make millions off stolen art. Plans are quickly derailed, however, when guests on the island mysteriously show up dead.

Dembe flew all that way to Fantasy Island and had to turn around leave immediately after some brief useless security questions. Poor guy wasn't even allowed to take a leak after that long flight before getting back on the plane.

Where was Arthur going calling Dembe "seconds"? 

New additions to Red's impressive resume: expert at performing an autopsy, ability to make a microscope out of a binocular, and the luck to have a snow storm immediately stop so the sun can shine on him after his last kill.

Annika the so-called "security expert" was taken down quickly!

Red must have gotten tired using the "Oh! Look! Your shoelaces are untied" line and gone for the "You forgot the fish" line. Works every time!

Could Cassandra show some restraint and not "thirst" over Red for a minute on island? Mama needed some Red bad! When she got that large sum of money, the spell she had on him was broken quickly, gave Red a weak break up line and she bounced! 

At the end we had to have our FBI misfits show up so the actors could collect their paychecks for their hard earn work.

Poor Mr. Vries ( the owner of the island) is in for a nice big surprise when he finds all  those dead bodies on the Island.

• LOL 4
40 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Where was Arthur going calling Dembe "seconds"? 

Dembe is Red's second in command or assistant.   I trust several if not all of the other people on the island also have assistants / bodyguards.

43 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Red must have gotten tired using the "Oh! Look! Your shoelaces are untied" line and gone for the "You forgot the fish" line. Works every time!

Red was pointing out (to us, especially) that he had broken off the tip of the swordfish and then proceeded to stab him with it.  But yeah, the guy was stupid to look, but, as I pointed out, WE needed to know where he got the sharp thing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

The question is -- when did Red get the opportunity to break off a piece of that kit kat bar ..... err, swordfish ?

If these guys are Turkish, then you must be Cornelius Ruck ?  Red must have broken out the 'Jump to Conclusions' mat from the movie 'Officespace', because that was just so random.

I thought Red's casket was a fake -- that was determined last episode, so how was the set of nesting caskets valued at such a big number ?  Was the fix in to somehow fool Cassandra ?
Honestly, I hope we never hear about these stupid nesting caskets ever again.

We almost got a a Lizzie-free episode up until the end, and then she came out with that profoundly stupid line of "We may not have bigger lives, but we have each other."  
Lizzie never even said hi to Dembe, and Dembe was standing right there behind Reddington.

That music montage while Red and Cassandra battled the Turkish agents was just dumb and a poor choice -- this show tries to be 'hip' with its music choices but repeatedly fails.

I'm still trying to figure out how within the timeline of this show that Agnes is old enough to be doing a solo ballet recital.  How crappy was this "great show" as Cooper put it when we only saw one other child dancer in attendance after Agnes finished.   And no other kids even seated in the audience, so why were all these other parents there ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I thought Red's casket was a fake -- that was determined last episode, so how was the set of nesting caskets valued at such a big number ?  Was the fix in to somehow fool Cassandra ?

Red's original casket was fake, but he went to some old lady's house to admire her collection of ancient artifacts, and there was the genuine casket in a glass case.  We were never shown just how Red managed to buy/steal her real casket, but later he was in the car holding and admiring it.  Some of that old Red magic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I was hoping for a good "Ten Little Indians" style episode, but that fell apart rather quickly and became as predictable as usual.  I guess we're lucky that the FBI wasn't notified early on, because you know Ressler couldn't even set up a perimeter on an island.

If those clowns were Turkey's "top agents", they need to up their recruiting game.  That was just incompetent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I was hoping for a good "Ten Little Indians" style episode

That's exactly what I thought we were getting, too, Dowel Jones, and I thought Red was the one killing people (to find out who swindled him over his casket being fake, and to claim the real ones to get all the money for himself after killing them all).  I also held out hope until the end that it was a true bottle episode and we wouldn't have any of the FBI crew this time around...ah well, hope springs eternal and all that. *g* 

• Love 2

Man, that was one stupid episode that barely kept my attention. I thought it was going all Agatha Christie too, not that I cared one way or the other. The entire show was an hour I'll never get back.

I did catch Red saying this: "Her husband wasn't who he appeared to be, she was in jeopardy." WTH. Didn't we learn some seasons back that Red hired Tom to marry Lizzie? Although I think that changed from season to season, until Tom killed himself to get off of this stupid-ass show.

The bad guy who caught on fire ... I guess in Turkishland they don't teach kids to stop, drop and roll.

All of Lizzie's FBI cronies wear suit and tie to stand around in the post office dungeon yet wear t-shirts and lumberjack flannel to a ballet recital. And yeah, what's up with Agnes being what, 10 years old now? Too bad no one invited Mr. Kaplan to the party.

And Lizzie being all "We have each other" = me: barf.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Man, that was one stupid episode that barely kept my attention. I thought it was going all Agatha Christie too, not that I cared one way or the other. The entire show was an hour I'll never get back.

This ↑ although rather than Agatha, I was visualizing a game of Clue i.e. "the butler did with the gun in the dark room"

And yes, another hour gone and forgotten.

• Love 2

Well, this episode is proof that Lizzie is the best agent ever because she got her coworkers to show up to her daughter’s ballet recital. Why my goodness, they could do a whole show on how the marvellous Lizzie used her hypnotic powers of persuasion to get them to come.

• LOL 2

At first I thought, this is insane.  The entire Task Force is gathered in one public room.  A Blacklister could eliminate them with one bomb.  But then I thought, no, don't do that.  The Task Force is probably the best thing to happen to organized crime.  Take them out and they might get replaced by a competent group.

• LOL 1
On 3/28/2020 at 6:20 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

when did Red get the opportunity to break off a piece of that kit kat bar ..... err, swordfish ?

For some reason, I thought of this in the middle of the night and started laughing. So, thank you for that. It's the posters here who make this show worth watching.

• Love 1
On 3/28/2020 at 7:20 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

The question is -- when did Red get the opportunity to break off a piece of that kit kat bar ..... err, swordfish ?

If these guys are Turkish, then you must be Cornelius Ruck ?  Red must have broken out the 'Jump to Conclusions' mat from the movie 'Officespace', because that was just so random.

Honestly, I hope we never hear about these stupid nesting caskets ever again.

We almost got a a Lizzie-free episode up until the end, and then she came out with that profoundly stupid line of "We may not have bigger lives, but we have each other."  
Lizzie never even said hi to Dembe, and Dembe was standing right there behind Reddington.

That music montage while Red and Cassandra battled the Turkish agents was just dumb and a poor choice -- this show tries to be 'hip' with its music choices but repeatedly fails.

KILLING STRANGERS by Marilyn Manson. Used to far hipper effect in the original JOHN WICK

• Love 1

Like others, I thought they were going for Agatha Christie, but instead we got Home Alone with Red and blondie as Kevin and the inept Turks as the Wet Bandits.  All they needed was a swinging paint can from the stairway.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 3/28/2020 at 6:58 PM, saber5055 said:

WTH. Didn't we learn some seasons back that Red hired Tom to marry Lizzie? Although I think that changed from season to season, until Tom killed himself to get off of this stupid-ass show.

No, he hired Tom to keep an eye on her, befriend her. Red came out of hiding when Tom decided to marry Lizzie, which was never Red's intention.

Edited by shoganai
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, shoganai said:

No, he hired Tom to keep an eye on her, befriend her. Red came out of hiding when Tom decided to marry Lizzie, which was never Red's intention.

Still, Red knew Tom and hired him to watch over Lizzie, so if, as Red said this episode, "her husband was not who he appeared to be" and was such a huge problem that Red had to come out of hiding to protect Lizzie from the man he put in her life, that's all kinds of whack thinking on Red's part. Why not hire some nice guy to watch over her. Since, as we all know, no man could resist falling in lurve with her.

I think the show writers conveniently forgot that Red put Tom in Lizzie's life to begin with. Because that would make him a dumbass, and this show, run by Spader, would never do that.

• Love 2
On 3/29/2020 at 5:43 PM, edhopper said:

No use nitpicking about the show's silliness, we all know we only watch it for when Spader is on 

I'm here for Red and Dembe.

Looks like I'm alone in enjoying this episode. I liked the island guests and the relationship between Red and Joely Richardson's character. 

• Love 1