Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: 10-8 Bulletproof

AgentRXS

When informants for the Sheriff's Department start turning up dead all over Los Angeles, everyone has to work together to find the leak in the department. Meanwhile, Teresa and Cade deal with a major setback in the custody battle for their foster children. Also, on the day of Maggie's Quinceanera, Bill gets stuck in a difficult position between work and family.

Original Air Date: March 26, 2020

• Love 1

I like this show, and I hate this show.

I just don’t care about Cade’s foster kid issues or the quinceanera or Maggie and Paula not understanding that Bill does not have a 9-5 job or Joseph or whatever Jerry is pissy about that day.

I just want to see Bill, Bishop and Cade do kickass deputy stuff.  With a side of the Mayor because he’s cool.

Also Bill please do not put horses in danger like that kthanx.

Edited by mojoween
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Kudos to the writers for neatly tying up the series in a bow for the finale. (This was the finale, right?)

The only thing that bugged me was having the female DA (Riley/Jaime Ray Newman) fail due to incompetent management of her flunkies rather than just being an evil queen-type. IDK.  I was glad Riley was taken down, but I would have preferred that a good ol' boy-type had been cast for Riley and a woman as Undersheriff London.

A few of the things I liked: 

• Maggie's quinceañera dress, especially the skirt --the swirl pattern on the bodice, not so much
  • Hollister getting to ride in on a horse again to save the day/the CI barber
    --although I was hoping he'd ride the horse right into the quinceañera dance, LOL
    --and you cannot convince me that the writers didn't consider that 🐎
  • Joseph/Godson growing a pair and coming to his senses  
  • Love 3

As an Angeleno the very thought that the Sheriff takes off from downtown to where the Black people are in an emergency and is the first there was comical. Sort of like the Miami crime lab Humvee out racing their helicopter to a crime scene But with him, Cade, Bishop Minnick and Boot doing everything for "the city" is well out there as a concept. But go with it.

The Under Sheriff knew 'the mayor" and was on the no time for back up, or call the airship in first  raid and his threat to arrest the DA for what exactly? And then serving in combat with Bill shreds the goods he had on him.

I guess if there is a second season they won't bog it down with the story of the folk hero sheriff in an election with the cold uniformed burracrat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I guess the title of this ep refers to the horse Bill was riding as it was magically able to repel bullets from auto-rifle fire. LOL that Bill was riding bareback and supposedly clinging to the side of the horse Apache style to avoid the bullets when in reality the horse's head and neck would have absorbed that fire. But since it was Bulletproof, thank goodness.

LOL that Bill found halters and lead ropes for all those horses. I actually was expecting him to come out with the horse all saddled up.

So I guess we don't know what the Big Blackmail Secret on Bill was. I kinda wanted to know that.

LOL at the undersheriff or whomever that bad guy is knew the location of the Quinceanera so he could drop in to talk to Bill there. Way to worm an invitation to the open bar, guy!

Speaking of the Quinceanera, Bill had to reek of gunpowder, sweat and horse when he did that first dance with his daughter. LOL that no one went, "EWWwww, P-U" when they got next to him.

I did really like the Quinceanera gown, so pretty, and I liked the Quinceanera itself, even though it went on kinda long. I wish they had showed the end, when everyone, including those kids, were all falling down drunk.

I was confused by The Mayor being held captive. I thought it was the real mayor of LA, but I guess the barbershop guy's name is The Mayor?

I was yelling at the Pawn Shop Woman to drop down behind the counter to reload that shotgun. When the killer came to lean over the counter to shoot her, she could have blown his head off.  Maybe, since she had two misses with a shotgun already.

Bill needs a new family that understands he doesn't clock out at 5 p.m. when he's galloping after bad guys that are shooting at him. "Oh, hey, it's 5 o'clock, time for me to go home. See you guys tomorrow. We'll take up the chase here at 9 a.m., okay?"

Who was with Bishop at the party? She looked just like her ex that broke up the relationship. I guess Bishop has a type.

Kudos for having the chase vehicles actually be taken out by gunfire. It's so dope when bad guys always shoot the car doors and no one ever gets hit, and chase cars always keep chasing. I guess this episode proves that a good horse is always handy to have around during a gun battle/car chase. So yeay for that.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

It was a new girl for Bishop, the ex plays on Claws.

The Mayor it seems has been a CI for every Deputy in the department. I guess the barbershop was protected like on Luke Cage 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Speaking of the Quinceanera, Bill had to reek of gunpowder, sweat and horse when he did that first dance with his daughter. LOL that no one went, "EWWwww, P-U" when they got next to him.

That's always my first thought in scenes with post-action physical contact on all shows, but, yeah, especially in this scene since he had both man and horse sweat on his clothes and everyone at the quinceañera was in their 21st-century finest. 

The sweat stink destruction of the suspension of disbelief also comes up with rescued victims. 

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I guess the title of this ep refers to the horse Bill was riding as it was magically able to repel bullets from auto-rifle fire. LOL that Bill was riding bareback and supposedly clinging to the side of the horse Apache style to avoid the bullets when in reality the horse's head and neck would have absorbed that fire. But since it was Bulletproof, thank goodness.

Yeah, that horse's name must be Bulletproof, heh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

Paula told Maggie that she likes being a surgeon because she is performing for an audience of one and they are usually unconscious and what?  Surgeons perform alone?

Yeah. Oof on that line too. I once had major emergency surgery when no anesthesiologist was available, so, of course, I thought: If you’re doing surgery alone, you’re not doing it right. 
Don’t TV shows hire editors anymore?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Don’t TV shows hire editors anymore?

Apparently not and writers don't do enough (or any) research on the topics they write about.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, preeya said:

Apparently not and writers don't do enough (or any) research on the topics they write about.

Oh they have researched some things like Sheriff Villeneuve's campaign speeches and Deputy gangs in the real LASD but most other things are bizarro land top cop stuff 

• Love 1
On 3/27/2020 at 2:57 PM, saber5055 said:

This, so much this.  When he walks in, he takes off his jacket but leaves on his gun belt.  Why not take that off as well.  And I kept thinking, why isn't his father or father in law offering him their suit jacket so that he doesn't look like a homeless hobo, dancing with his daughter.  To then find out that the wife had his suit there all along was a WTF moment.  All they had to do was say, 'honey, were going to take ten minutes for dad to go clean up in the bathroom and to change into his suit, then will continue the festivities'.  So dumb.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

This, so much this.  When he walks in, he takes off his jacket but leaves on his gun belt.  Why not take that off as well.  And I kept thinking, why isn't his father or father in law offering him their suit jacket so that he doesn't look like a homeless hobo, dancing with his daughter.  To then find out that the wife had his suit there all along was a WTF moment.  All they had to do was say, 'honey, were going to take ten minutes for dad to go clean up in the bathroom and to change into his suit, then will continue the festivities'.  So dumb.  

Because he looks like the hero gunfighter and the viral video will insure his election victory 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/1/2020 at 5:51 AM, perkie1968 said:

Quick question, why does LA have a police department and a sheriff's department?  Aren't they both doing the same job, or does the LAPD have different jobs then the sherifs?

Real life. In California the Sheriff is an elected official and the primary function of his deputies(LASD) is to run the county jail systems. However they also provide policing services to areas outside of any city limits (Unincorporated) as well as contracts with many independent cities to provide their policing services. Many smaller police departments get specialized services from the LASD like homicide detectives, SWAT teams and forensics crime lab support. The California Highway Patrol beyond traffic enforcement and the CBI of The Mentalist are more of a backup force to the County Sheriff, especially in smaller and poorer counties. About the only time that I can recall the LAPD needing large scale LASD support was in the North Hollywood Bank of America shootout when in the aftermath LASD SWAT was with LAPD SWAT clearing the area in case there were more. But most often the meet on cases at the city limit lines.

So a large part of the LASD is running the jails, like the Boot spent one day in while most real life deputies must spend years in before going to other policing duties. Thus the Sheriff's department has a harder time recruiting since people sign up to police communities, not jails. The Court Bailiff's and bus driver/guards for the detained from jail to courts.

On the show they have used the real names of Sheriff's stations in southern LA County Lennox and Firestone for Minnick and Boot to work out of those areas being more diverse in that you can get some coastline, some Black people some rich people, etc. However for those who know LA stuff like when the Lennox Station was attacked the Sheriff from downtown wouldn't be the first ones to help but the Hawthorne and Inglewood Police Departments or a Highway Patrolman if he happened to be on a near freeway when all that went down.  And a LAPD helicopter, being in the air 24/7 would have been there until the Sheriff launched theirs and took over the mission.

Edited by Raja
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1