Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Knuckles

• Start Topic

I agree, Roaster. 

Personally, I think it suffers from terrible marketing - like so many shows. When I initially saw the commercials for it, I wasn't interested even a tiny bit. My husband actually recorded it because he likes Dax Shepard and after watching it, I thought it was charming. 

I thought Knuckles was hilarious. He'd be a great recurring character, lol. 

• Love 6

Same. I like small town quirky communities. I loved that Mike called Knuckles 'Knuckles' which apparently is not his preferred nickname. 

I loved Lennon Parham's show Playing House, and I love seeing her here.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Lunula said:

I agree, Roaster. 

Personally, I think it suffers from terrible marketing - like so many shows. When I initially saw the commercials for it, I wasn't interested even a tiny bit. My husband actually recorded it because he likes Dax Shepard and after watching it, I thought it was charming. 

I thought Knuckles was hilarious. He'd be a great recurring character, lol. 

Yeah, it was marketed well at all. It's actually a pretty smart and funny show. Sad that it's one of those shows that is just not in the lime light correctly. Then ABC puts more attention on shows that seriously, are bad from the gate. Though I can't fault them for it, no one likes to lose money, but don't hype up shows that are horribly written but have big names attached to the production teams like Splitting up Together was. Don't focus on shows that are pretty much dead like Modern Family or Fresh off the Boat were. Focus on shows that are good, smart writing and cast members and people do enjoy. 

• Love 4
On 3/26/2020 at 2:53 PM, Insert Username said:

I love this weird little show. I was never a Lake Bell fan, but she has won me over with this. I hope this show doesn't go the way of The Kids Are Alright (another mismarketed gem)

I used to dislike like her, too. I can’t put my finger on it but Lake, Amanda Peet, and Allison Williams, all have this same look that has always creeped me out. I now love Lake.  And this is currently my favorite show. 

On 3/31/2020 at 11:42 AM, AryasMum said:

I used to dislike like her, too. I can’t put my finger on it but Lake, Amanda Peet, and Allison Williams, all have this same look that has always creeped me out. I now love Lake.  And this is currently my favorite show. 

I came in here to see if there was a general discussion on this show.  I watched a couple of the first few episodes a bit never added it to my queue.  The main girl Lake Belle?  She just always looks dirty and smelly to me.  So I can’t watch this show.  I like Dax.  But this chick in her chunky sweaters and greasy hair just grosses me out

I don't think she's good-looking.  But she creates a good character.  The style of this show is very improv-like.  I doubt it is actually improvised but the pace and nuances of the humor are like what you see at an improv show.  Which I love but it is different from old-style sitcoms.  The show The League was like this.

The cast of Bless this Mess is adept at this type of comedy, with the exception of Pam Grier who is out of place.  I was surprised by Dax Shepard, who is really good.  (Nominate this man for an Emmy.)

• Love 1
On 3/25/2020 at 4:26 PM, auntiemel said:

Brandon was such a great addition to this show! The actor is so charming and nerdy. 🙂

I LOVE Brandon. He's my favorite character after Rio, I think. (Which is tough because I really, really love Kay too.)

• Love 3