Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Broadway Boundaries

Will ropes Dr. DiLorenzo into going on a fake date so he can spy on his surrogate; Grace struggles with popping her gender reveal balloon; Karen is torn between celebrating her team's championship and helping Jack with his Broadway audition.

Original air date: March 19, 2020

Oh, my god, I love Dr. DiLorenzo in all his awkward glory 😄. "I tried on a pair of short shorts and thought, 'These legs belong on a man's shoulders'." Okay, then :p!

And everything with the nurse. WTF? 

But yay for the baby news-a girl and a boy. I liked Will and Jenny talking out the whole thing of being in each other's lives. I get where that could be tough, but I like the friendship between those two, and I can see them keeping in touch.

And yay for Jack getting that part as well! Good news all around :). 

"Our friendship is the most successful relationship of my life. And do you know why?"

"Because I threw that gun in the river for you?" 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, festivus said:

Love Dr. DiLorenzo. Will should totally date that cutie pie.

Even hours after watching the episode, I was thinking how nice that would be. Will said he wants an age-appropriate partner which the doctor is, plus Dr. DiLorenzo seems nice enough. Of course they would probably go the route of "I just came out and I need to experience single life as a gay man" like they did with Drew and Barry so for that reason I don't think it will happen.

• Love 3

Barry was dreamy, those were the golden days of this show.

Where have I seen the doctor before?

Jack was classic Jack in this episode and I am mostly watching for those few moments as it stumbles to the finish line. 

Thank god Karen's dumb baseball story was concluded in this episode. 

• Love 5

I kind of thought Grace's monologue with the gender reveal balloon was touching (although I concur it's ridiculous she was wearing a skin-tight wet suit two weeks ago and now she's about to pop). 

Chris Parnell. I got a kick out of him too.

The part that really irked me is Jack and his Broadway audition. The real problem with this character is that he has shown himself to be competent at a number of jobs over the years. He was a good student nurse and he was also a good employee at Barney's. Unfortunately he has the attention span of a goldfish and never follows through with anything, so I have no confidence he'll eventually have a successful Broadway career because he'll probably throw this job away for something shiny and new like he always does.

His friends should really get him into therapy if they want to help because his problem may be ADHD.

And everything with the nurse. WTF? 

That's Nurse Sheila, and she has been a recurring character on this show since its original run. She is played by Laura Kightlinger, who is a writer for the show, and a stand-up comic (or started out as one, anyway). I always get a kick out of her, but unfortunately, this is the first time I've noticed she seems to have had some extensive work done on her face, giving her a weirdly unnatural look.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Apparently he was on episode 11-03, which I do not remember.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10696374/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

Everything with Demi Lovato and Megan Mullally drag the show down.  I don't know what the hell happened to Megan but she is like a shell of her former self.  I think I heard that her mother passed away?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:
8 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Apparently he was on episode 11-03, which I do not remember.

Ahaaaa! He was Dr. Spaceman on 30 Rock! (pronounced Speh cheh min) He had some awesome scenes with Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey. 

• Love 3

Chris Parnell has been in a shit-ton of stuff, including SNL and the Anchorman movies. His IMDB credits are a mile long. Aside from SNL the thing I remember him most from was Suburgatory.

• Love 3

I know him as Dr. Spaceman and the voice of Jerry on Rick & Morty. I do think he's an adorable cutie pie. If this show were to go on I'd love to see him and Will date. The spark has gone out on this thing though whether due to backstage stuff or personal problems or whatever so I'm okay with it ending. Plus, I just don't like the baby thing. So there's that.

• Love 2

The nurse was everything is this episode!! Glad the baseball storyline is over.  No surprise that Grace would be having a boy and Will would be having a girl.  Looking forward to seeing the series finale (again) - I've been over this reboot for a while now.

• Love 3

Is it wrong that I'm hoping Karen wakes up again and the past 3 seasons have all been a dream. Like she was having a major Inception moment and dreamt she had dreamt her 'first 8 years' were a dream. Is that how Inception works never seen it. It would be cool to have the original finale back with slight tweaks like removing the Beverly Leslie silly plot, and Karen not marrying Rosie.

As soon as Will was having a girl, I knew Grace was having a boy.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 12:25 PM, iMonrey said:

That's Nurse Sheila, and she has been a recurring character on this show since its original run. She is played by Laura Kightlinger, who is a writer for the show, and a stand-up comic (or started out as one, anyway). I always get a kick out of her, but unfortunately, this is the first time I've noticed she seems to have had some extensive work done on her face, giving her a weirdly unnatural look.

I know she played a nurse in the original run, and the whole time I was wondering if that was her - I can't believe how different she looks. Not good. 

But still very funny.

• Love 2