Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Life Was So Much Easier When I Only Cared About Myself

• Start Topic

When things take a dark turn on the twins’ 17th birthday, Lizzie is left to make a difficult decision. Meanwhile, Hope takes drastic measures when she and Alaric clash over how to handle an issue involving Josie. Finally, Rafael makes a heartbreaking discovery.

Promo:

Original air date: 3/19/20

I liked it a lot. I liked the Raf/Landon scenes. I love how devoted Landon is to Raf and how he can't just kill his brother, even if he begs. But now it looks like Landon is finally in danger with Malivore being re-introduced after many episodes. 

The Josie stuff was pretty good. I enjoyed watching Dark Josie. I like how Lizzie was conflicted on what to do. I liked MG going to help Lizzie as well. Their friendship works for me. I'm unsure if the kiss will lead into more next season, though. I haven't quite decided, and I don't know if I'm rooting for them. I stick by my opinion that I'd much rather see Lizzie/Kaleb, if she had to choose anyone. But...maybe it's because those two characters are great separately and they'd be a hoot together. 

The Alaric/Kaleb game subplot was pretty pointless. I get that they needed Alaric out of the way...but goddamn, Hope. 

Speaking of Hope, I was really hoping for more of a fight from her and Dark Josie, but I like her Plan B. 

The Necromancer stuff was decent but I'm also ready for it to be over.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'd much rather see Lizzie/Kaleb

That is so random. Have these characters ever had a conversation??? We don’t even know if Kaleb is into girls... or boys for that matter since he’s never shown romantic interest in anyone.

1 hour ago, ursula said:

We don’t even know if Kaleb is into girls... or boys for that matter since he’s never shown romantic interest in anyone.

I thought Kaleb (also) had a crush on the crazy Asian witch who sent the Saltzman's to the prison world?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ursula said:

That is so random. Have these characters ever had a conversation??? We don’t even know if Kaleb is into girls... or boys for that matter since he’s never shown romantic interest in anyone.

Kaleb showed interest in Alyssa a few episodes ago, right? And I think I remember him flirting with some girl at the beginning of the season (I could be wrong). 

Kaleb and Lizzie have interacted. Not much, mind you, but enough where I don't think it's necessarily random. I just think their personalities would mesh well together. MG's great, and I do want him to be with someone. I just don't necessarily think that person is Lizzie. I like their friendship a lot, though, so I still want to see them interact more. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Kaleb showed interest in Alyssa a few episodes ago, right? And I think I remember him flirting with some girl at the beginning of the season (I could be wrong). 

Kaleb and Lizzie have interacted. Not much, mind you, but enough where I don't think it's necessarily random. I just think their personalities would mesh well together. MG's great, and I do want him to be with someone. I just don't necessarily think that person is Lizzie. I like their friendship a lot, though, so I still want to see them interact more. 

MG has worked hard for this lol. Besides sometimes opposites attract.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I thought Kaleb (also) had a crush on the crazy Asian witch who sent the Saltzman's to the prison world?

Not confirmed. He’s pleased in a petty teenage boy way that she was into him when Jed said she never gave anyone a chance because of MG. But it’s not clear whether he reciprocated or was interested back.

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

And I think I remember him flirting with some girl at the beginning of the season (I could be wrong). 

You’re wrong. Up until Alyssa, he’s never been associated romantically with anyone, girl or boy. When he’s beat boxing about Hope in season 1, it’s in a very asexual “she’s a badass” way. 

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Kaleb and Lizzie have interacted. Not much, mind you, but enough where I don't think it's necessarily random.

I don’t think standing side by side while she siphons him counts. Lizzie has more romantic potential with a grown up Pedro than she has with Kaleb. 

1 hour ago, mommalib said:

MG has worked hard for this lol. Besides sometimes opposites attract.

I don’t even see it as a classic Nice Guy issue anymore  because MG isn’t being written as someone who feels entitled to Lizzie. He’s just happy to be her friend ( the training montage was hilarious 😂 ) and Lizzie is constantly choosing to turn to him for comfort. It’s hard to do this trope well and yes, the interracial dynamic (black boy pines for/loyal to white girl) makes it even more tricky. But they’ve managed to write them in a way where I won’t be offended if Lizzie was lying and that Kiss was as much for herself as for MG.

That said, I would have much preferred if Nia the Gorgon had become a recurring character in season 2 and got together with MG. They had chemistry. She was an out and proud nerd (a lot of people called Lizzie out for being a closet nerd long ago). She would have been an interesting addition to the school as a benign “monster” because I feel the show’s decision to portray all the non-witchwolfvamp creatures as evil is problematic and this would have added a much needed dynamic. They tried to do the same with Wade but Nia would have been better. Last but not the least, positive black on black love is rare on TV and the show needs at least one black girl who doesn’t die or get written off after 3 appearances. It’s 2020, Plec. Get with the program.

Edited by ursula
  • Love 3

Poor Raf, its always out of the frying pan and into the fire with the poor guy. Not only is he a zombie being controlled by the villain, but he was just forced to kill his best friend with the one thing that could actually kill him! And his angst cant even be front and center, with Josie being all Darth Josie! 

Very much an improvement over last weeks episode, the big fight between Lizzie and Darth Josie was pretty suitably epic, and it did a good job showing that Lizzie has really shown a lot of growth over the course of the show. Granted, I dont even know if season one Lizzie would be so callous to fuck off and leave the rest of the student body to die without a second glance, it was still nice to see her stepping up. Even she and MG have grown on me a lot, whether or not its a romantic relationship or a friendship. Granted, I still think that MG can do better (and I really like Lizzie!) but they have nice chemistry at least. I did want a bit more of a fight between Hope and Darth Josie, but I guess Hope was holding back to try and not hurt actual Josie, and that in general makes this pretty tricky to deal with. 

Hope, could you stop locking people in dream spaces because they arent going along with your plan please? That seems unhelpful! 

As badly as it ended, I did like the scenes with Landon and Raf, especially when Raf was begging Landon to kill him and Landon just kept refusing, no matter what that meant for him. I always love their super close ride or die friendship and how strong its stayed, no matter how many super weird turns their lives have taken.

So I've been thinking about the nature of Landon's immortality, just HOW immortal is he? We know he cant be killed, but can he die of old age eventually? Or of an illness? If he got cancer, would he die and come back to life cancer free? Or is it just external things he can come back from? He seems to age like anyone else, so will he just keep on aging, or will he die of old age one day, and then come back as a baby in a ball of flames? Or will he one day just become super old but unable to die? 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, GaT said:

I see they've sent Josie to the same bad wig maker that Lizzie & Hope go to.

What is going on there??  These ladies are adults.. I'd imagine someone who's around the shooting is a woman with at least some power.. How is no one stopping this?...  Are they just trolling us now

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ugh, this show needs to get over their love of slow motion shots. First we get all of Evil Josie's slow motion walks and then Hope gets a slow motion walk plus a slow motion flip? Stop, show.

Poor Raf. It's just one shitty thing after another for him. And even when he figured out what had happened and tried to do the right thing, he STILL couldn't catch a break.

I did love Chad fanboying over Hope and treating the magic eyeball as a tv show. And thank goodness that someone finally noticed the magic eyeball - good job, Jed.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Hope, could you stop locking people in dream spaces because they arent going along with your plan please? That seems unhelpful! 

Like father like daughter. Klaus did it all the time with his siblings.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/20/2020 at 10:35 PM, GaT said:

I see they've sent Josie to the same bad wig maker that Lizzie & Hope go to.

On 3/21/2020 at 4:40 AM, UNOSEZ said:

What is going on there??  These ladies are adults.. I'd imagine someone who's around the shooting is a woman with at least some power.. How is no one stopping this?...  Are they just trolling us now

I thought it was just me! I have never truly noticed details like wigs and hairpieces but I cannot help but be distracted on this show. Noticed it first with Hope, then Lizzie, and now I cannot stop noticing. I don't understand why they haven't done a better job.

Edited by Lyinfait
Spelling
  • Love 1

I have a question....In the TVD,when Damon stabbed Mason he didn't die....But why did Rafael die when Chad stabbed him??

Just now, Stelios said:

I have a question....In the TVD,when Damon stabbed Mason he didn't die....But why did Rafael die when Chad stabbed him??