Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: David Ropeik, Peter Hamby, Lis Smith, Edward Luce, and Andrew Zimmern

• Start Topic

Airs March 13, 2020

Guests:

David Ropeik, Peter Hamby, Lis Smith, Edward Luce, and Andrew Zimmern

18 minutes ago, Victor the Crab said:

Any idea if Bill will even have a studio audience Friday?

Rumor is he will have a studio audience, but will take precautions such as requiring that they don't eat any sugar or processed foods within 72 hours of taping, handing out CBD supplements, and minimizing the possibility of any airborne droplets by not booing or groaning no matter how bad a joke is.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Is it wrong to wish Bill would stay away more than a week? I think both he and we could use a break.

That said, I enjoyed his New Rule about cruise ships -- especially since I never expect to board one myself. 

• Love 5

As someone who has been teaching the subject for quite some time, the top of the show interview was exceptional. What was even better was Bill knew enough to get out of the way and let the guy talk. 

I really liked the balance he struck between communicating actual facts but respecting people's response to what's going on. I think that's the best takeaway from the segment. 

• Love 7

He probably wishes he had the usual studio audience even if they sometimes groaned at his jokes because the monologue felt a little flat.

I thought he would press Zimmerman more on the wet markets and this thing for wild game which may have led to this pandemic.

Yeah zero interest in cruise ships.  When he cited those stats about how much fuel they burn and how much sewage they dump, it was disgusting.

I saw cruise ships at a Norway fjord clouding up the air with smoke while docked near a small town.

• Love 7
On 3/14/2020 at 2:31 PM, scrb said:

I thought he would press Zimmerman more on the wet markets and this thing for wild game which may have led to this pandemic.

I've always thought of "wild game" as the ducks and pheasants and deer that hunters kill.  This virus is teaching me new definitions.