Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Live Eviction #2; HoH Comp #3

• Start Topic

I didn't see anybody's weight listed on the tracker so maybe they took that out? I did find it a little bit interesting. Some of the guys who did the most "fitness activity" actually had the least total steps and I thought the women burning around 1500 calories was interesting. I was always told women burned about 2000 per day. Maybe if they picked some of their clothes off the floor their hearts would burst.

FYI -- On the BBtracker web page, if you choose the 'All-time Leaderboard', you see the list of starting weights of all the houseguests.  And you can choose how they are ranked depending on various parameters (Steps taken, miles traveled, calories burned, active minutes)

• Love 1
That was hysterical....she was so bad at competitions that she couldn't even effectively throw a competition.  I never believed that she threw that competition (she got her first answer correct, after all), I think she really is just that crappy at competitions and was trying to win, but lost anyway.

I agree. I totally don't think she meant to throw it. She seemed genuinely shocked that she had the wrong answer with the banana question. Brittany was wearing a yellow dress in the pic, IIRC, so I can see her really thinking she had the right answer. 

I mean, I get your point, but that HoH competition was to putt-putt what Julie Chen is to journalism.

Ha! And yeah, it seemed more like croquet on a Plinko (of "Price is Right" fame) board to me.

My guess on the idiotic tracker bracelets is using the data in an HOH comp or something on down the road like 'Which HG has burned the most calories, according to Fittracker'.

While inconsequential...is it just me, or does Caleb's 180 on outfits all the time seem like he's in an extended audition for modeling or something.  The non-essential glasses for when he wants agents to see 'smart guy'...cowboy hat 10 minutes later to see 'country boy'.  Just always seems like he's switching outfits to show his modeling versatility or something.  Don't recall another previous HG ever changing their clothing styles so rapidly in one day, let alone one season.

Devin...I do so hope the Derrick/Nicole HoH combo can oust you.  But methinks his ability to create drama means any future competitions he's involved in will be trivia about his daughter.

• Love 1

Devin...I do so hope the Derrick/Nicole HoH combo can oust you.  But methinks his ability to create drama means any future competitions he's involved in will be trivia about his daughter.

Liiiike... does she have a father? Devin's been a trifle vague on that point.... :P

(edited)

Liiiike... does she have a father? Devin's been a trifle vague on that point.... :P

I'm confused by this.  Did you mean does she have a mother?  Or did you mean does she have a second father?

ETA:  I just realized you were being sarcastic, so ignore my comment above.  Hey it's Friday and it's been a long week....(that's my defense and I'm sticking to it).

I'm not sure whether this happened in Wednesday's episode or last night's, so I'm putting it here.  Why did Frankie think it would be a good idea to be the one to run and tell Devin that Zach had the votes to stay.  He mentioned being able to "diffuse" the situation.  Hasn't Frankie ever heard the expression, "Don't shoot the messenger?"  He'd be the messenger.  He must have known there would be a chance Devin would then interrogate him about who said what to whom, etc.  Why put yourself into the position of having to admit you've been involved in any of those conversations.  I mean I doubt Devin would believe that random groups of people were all having conversations that Frankie just happened to overhear.  Also, I was quite surprised to hear Frankie say that there were now 9 people in the alliance.....he didn't really think that the original 8 (+ Hayden) would continue to remain alligned after Devin put Zach up, did he?

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 1

The most interesting thing I found with the coordinated corridor greetings was some folks didn't have any snappy-cute high-fiving action, just a polite nod as they passed.  I need to go back and re-watch, and see who those people were.  By the time I twigged to it, I only noticed that Victoria was the only one who wasn't enthusiastically greeted.  Don't remember about Devin, or Jocasta.  I think that give us real clues about actual relationships in the house.

And, boy oh boy, have Jocasta and Victoria totally faded into the furniture.  Just based on their initial footage on the premiere before entering the house, I assumed they'd be incredibly obnoxious and annoying.  But...not hardly a peep out of either of 'em.  Did Frankie's "betrayal" that first week really upset Victoria so much that her entire fire is doused?  And I assumed that Jocasta would be holding enthusiastic and LOUD revival meetings in the backyard, but she's been pretty quiet, and seems to keep her bible-spouting to those who appreciate it, or ask for it.  It would be interesting to see what happens if either one of them get HoH, but only a crap-shoot of a HoH competition would get them there, both of 'em seem to suck at challenges.

In addition to the chest bumping in the hallway outside the diary room, another thing I noticed is that both Joey and Paola knew beforehand to drop their bags right outside the door before going to sit with Julie. In the past, I remember Julie telling the evicted houseguest "You can just set your bags down there," but both this week and last, the person coming out the door knew to do that automatically. Kind of makes you wonder about what kind of rehearsals they have and instructions off-camera.

Also, it was fairly obvious they'd been given the chance to practice the HoH competition. Every last one of them, with the exception of Zach I think, seemed to be aiming for the exact same path. They seemed to know in advance where they largest number was and the best way to aim for it. 

And yeah, it can't be coincidence that the two people who voted to evict Zach voted before the commercial break so we could leave on a "2 and 2" cliff-hanger, especially when everyone else voted to evict Paola after the commercial break. It's like they had to tell the producers ahead of time who they were voting for so they could arrange the voting order.

I mean, I get your point, but that HoH competition was to putt-putt what Julie Chen is to journalism.

It was like croquet-putt, one of those crazy putt putt golf courses where there are ridiculous obstacles, and there is an element of luck; but the house guests definitely aimed, and they had clearly practiced and had a very good idea of where certain shots were they would land.

A crap shoot is where you have no control. The houseguests definitely had an element of control- how hard they hit, where their initial aim was, where they started the ball on the croquet grass: they decided all those things themselves.

I'm not sure whether this happened in Wednesday's episode or last night's, so I'm putting it here.  Why did Frankie think it would be a good idea to be the one to run and tell Devin that Zach had the votes to stay.

I wondered why he felt the need to do that as well. I always think it's better to have the element of surprise. It doesn't look like Devin tried to fight it, but what if he had? What if he had somehow managed to sway the vote back towards Zach? I just didn't see any reason to tell him. And I would have LOVED his shocked face on the live show when he realized what happened. 

A crap shoot is where you have no control. The houseguests definitely had an element of control- how hard they hit, where their initial aim was, where they started the ball on the croquet grass: they decided all those things themselves.

I actually like crapshoot competitions, some people aren't strong, and they aren't necessarily the best at quick mental games, so the crapshoot game gives someone a chance to be HoH who might not be the strongest or the smartest, but they may turn out to be a game changing HoH.   Or they not be great at thinking on their toes in an HoH game, but they may be a great competitor because they are more of a contemplative thinker.  I almost wish Victoria had won it yesterday just so I could see what she does.

The most interesting thing I found with the coordinated corridor greetings was some folks didn't have any snappy-cute high-fiving action, just a polite nod as they passed.  I need to go back and re-watch, and see who those people were.  By the time I twigged to it, I only noticed that Victoria was the only one who wasn't enthusiastically greeted.  Don't remember about Devin, or Jocasta.  I think that give us real clues about actual relationships in the house.

And, boy oh boy, have Jocasta and Victoria totally faded into the furniture.  Just based on their initial footage on the premiere before entering the house, I assumed they'd be incredibly obnoxious and annoying.  But...not hardly a peep out of either of 'em.  Did Frankie's "betrayal" that first week really upset Victoria so much that her entire fire is doused?  And I assumed that Jocasta would be holding enthusiastic and LOUD revival meetings in the backyard, but she's been pretty quiet, and seems to keep her bible-spouting to those who appreciate it, or ask for it.  It would be interesting to see what happens if either one of them get HoH, but only a crap-shoot of a HoH competition would get them there, both of 'em seem to suck at challenges.

At least Julie asked Jocasta a question.  But I literally forget about Victoria, she doesn't even seem to be on screen talking to other people.

Re: corridor greetings, it doesn't appear as though Caleb and Amber have one, her back was pretty much to him when she passed him in the hallway

As HOH, Devin didn't vote, so he didn't walk through the corridor.

So here's everything important that happened between Monday's Veto meeting (shown on Wednesday's show) and Thursday's eviction, per the producers:

1) Frankie pouts at Zach after the meeting.

2) in the Ice Room, Frankie pouts some more, and Zach is hurt.

3) Devin counts the numbers with Caleb, realizes that the six voting members of the Bombed Squad are enough to at least make a tie, and he would be able to evict Zach, so they're good.

4) Despite this, Devin then decides to induct Hayden into the Bombed Squad.  Because if you don't have eight, it isn't enough, I guess.

5) Later on Monday, Paola and Zach squabble, with cameos from Amber ("I don't know") and Derrick.

Commercial!

6) Monday night, Derrick tells Zach to chill out.

7) Team America meets, decides to keep Zach.

8) Derrick talks Caleb into keeping Zach, then gets out of there before Caleb realizes how much he looks like this pig Caleb killed one time.

9) Derrick tells Frankie it's settled, they have the votes to keep Zach.

10) Frankie tells Devin this.  Devin renounces the Bombed Squad.

Yes, apparently this season only includes Team America, Devin, Caleb, Amber, Zach and Hayden.  Nice to know we've reached the F8 so quickly, I guess.  Seriously, I've never seen an episode where almost half of the House was got an invisible edit.  Until now.  

Anyway, here's "people you forgot were on the show":

Victoria has now gone two entire episodes without being featured on-screen.  (And I don't recall her getting a lot of play in Sunday's ep, either.)  Pretty much the only thing she's gotten to say is "I vote to evict Paola."

Christine was completely silent (save for voting) in this ep, despite Devin's revealing to Hayden that Christine was part of the Bombed Squad when Hayden thought she was in an alliance with him.  You'd think Hayden might have had a conversation with Christine about that, about her lying to him and Nicole and where do her loyalties lie, anyway?  Or Hayden might have had a conversation with Nicole about this.  Or someone might have told Christine that Hayden was now in the Bombed Squad and she would have reacted to the information.  Or something. But no.

Jocasta nearly matched her Wednesday silence, but Julie blew her spot by asking her a question.  (Albeit allowing only a single word in reply.  One word in two episodes.  Jesus.  [No, that wasn't the word.])

Cody got one DR, but his dialogue with other houseguests dropped from Zach briefly kicking him out of the HoH in Wednesday's show to absolutely nothing here.  Just chilling and dreaming of the tongue-kiss his dad will give him when he gets home, I guess.

Nicole got one DR, but no dialogue in the show.  Winning HoH should change that, though.

Brittany made her "you're my target" speech to Paola at the start of the episode, and that was it. Buh-bye.

Really, just bizarre.  Well, I've already been pulling for a Brittany/Victoria F2 (I like them), but now I guess I'm going to root for all of these Invisibles, because the Bombed Squad are annoying,Team America is a production gimmick, and the editors deserve to have this blow up in their faces.  At this rate, when we get to the Final Four, they'll only show two of them.  Sheesh.

• Love 2