Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Caged Heat

• Start Topic

As Lindsay and Carl try to fix what's left of their friendship, Luke and Hannah's continuous flirtation leads to their first date going to new heights; it's a house divided for girls' and guys' night.

Airs March 11, 2020.

I guess peeps don't watch this show - it's so quiet in here.  With that said, Carl is a jerk and needs to grow up.  His behavior is NOT attractive for someone his age.

Luke is hot but I wonder where he and Hannah will end up?

Jordan - I know some folks here think he's gay - I really am wondering that myself.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, metalchik said:

I guess peeps don't watch this show - it's so quiet in here.  With that said, Carl is a jerk and needs to grow up.  His behavior is NOT attractive for someone his age.

Jordan - I know some folks here think he's gay - I really am wondering that myself.

I'm thinking once Luke and Hannah hook up they both will be done with each other. They both seem to like this game they are playing but once they aren't playing cat and mouse anymore all the fun will be gone.

Regarding Jordan - I just dunno if he is gay or straight or what his issue is. I just have never known a guy in his 20's that isn't up for sex any time. It has been a long time since I have dated so maybe things have changed, but it is just really odd to me. 

• Love 9

Ya, about Jordan, it's so hard to say. He's much more tolerable this season than he was last season. The religious thing makes a lot of sense and I only say that because I've experienced it firsthand. It F*CKS GUYS UP for LIFE. It is NOT NORMAL for an adult man to not engage or not want to engage in intimacy in a (committed in my case) relationship, especially if he had intimate relationships previously. It's just not normal to have so much guilt over doing something that is healthy and natural for an adult person to do. I think with time and a ton of therapy, Jordan could actually be a decent guy and a good boyfriend. Also I'm confident he's totally uncomfortable with the camera in the room. I wouldn't do that either. So I can't blame him.

Carl. Carl-Carl-Carl. Alcoholism is not a good look. You are an idiot. And a complete douchebag. You're ruining the vibe in the house with your narcissistic toxicity. 

Hannah, bringing the crass, yet again. Put the sausage down, it's not funny. I honestly don't know what Luke sees in her. Her alcohol weight is starting to show too.  

I didn't think there was anything wrong with Luke asking the Barry's Boot Camp girl to go rock climbing. He's an athletic dude. Carl just wants to put his d*ck in her first so he can move on to the next one.

Lindsay, don't cry in the closet over that bag of d*cks. He doesn't care, and neither should you.

ETA: I would have liked to have seen more of Jordan and Jules's date in the city.

Also ETA: I enjoyed this relatively Paige-free episode. Amanda was a b*tch to Jules during Truth or Dare. That was *not necessary. So much absurd judgement from someone who has absolutely NO RIGHT to judge. The cameras were rolling in Seasons 1, 2 and 3. We saw you Amanda.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 19

I hate Carl so much. He has not changed in all the seasons and then to blame his dickish behavior on blacking out is such a sad excuse. He is in his 30s, not a college freshman his first weekend drinking away from home. It feels very gross in 2020 for him to say "Well I yelled at you because I was blacked out." Honestly he sort of needs a woman like Lindsay-maybe with a strong personality pumping him up, he will be able to..I don't know.. keep a job his BFF didn't give him.

I feel like Jordan is trying to rush into being a couple with Jules to a-prove to people he is "manly enough" (eye roll on having to prove that) or b-be on the show (even though Jules is as cute as a button and seems pleasant). I thought her calling him for the dare was hilarious (and did Kyle call her a "stage-5 clinger" after? Your fiance hates you Kyle-chill). 

I know I am very much a party of one, but I like Hannah. I know people think she is ugly, but I appreciate how she isn't always done up like the other girls (probably because I wear very little makeup and I'm projecting) and always seems up for something sporty. All people aren't attracted to the same types of people and confidence is a pretty attractive quality so maybe Luke likes that? I also like that she made him work a bit and didn't just immediately hook up with him (I 100% would have when I was younger!).

Spoiler

They are apparently all over each other's social media still, so they might still be a thing. Or just friends, but they are on good terms.

She is also very funny on twitter and in interviews. She reminds me a bit of Courtney from Below Deck in that way. 

• Love 10

Lindsey knows better. She and Carl have been friends for a long time, she is well aware that he is a douchenozzle. I think that romance was for the show only. It ended as quickly as it began. 

1 hour ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Regarding Jordan - I just dunno if he is gay or straight or what his issue is. I just have never known a guy in his 20's that isn't up for sex any time. It has been a long time since I have dated so maybe things have changed, but it is just really odd to me. 

I dunno either. How strange is it that he keeps jumping in to bed with women only to never be able to get it up or finish the deal or what ever. You would think he wouldn't bother trying to sleep with women at all if he is gay. Just weird. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Honestly he sort of needs a woman like Lindsay-maybe with a strong personality pumping him up, he will be able to..I don't know.. keep a job his BFF didn't give him.

No every woman should run the other direction until he does a ton of work on himself.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

No every woman should run the other direction until he does a ton of work on himself.

I would so rather he meet a woman he really likes and who treats him the way he treats women. It wouldn't teach him anything b/c he is totally not aware of what a douche he is, but it would be entertaining to see.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Dude Amanda. Normally I like you, but you came off as a delusional bitch. You start this ridiculous conversation and then get mad when Jules points out Kyle’s less then stellar relationship with the truth. Production seems a little over Amanda. She’s not getting a great edit.

Carl is such an asshole. What the fuck is his problem? He has serious rage issues. I actually thought Lindsey was being relatively calm (for her) at the dinner until Carl decided to go full smug rage monster. I actually would not have gotten over it as quickly as she did. I don’t think I would ever be friends with him again. Honestly, I think there’s something wrong with him.

I kind of like Jules and Jordan together. They’re weird as fuck, but kind of cute.

Paige might as well be a “friend of” this season. Even when she’s there, she’s barely there.

Still don’t care about Luke and Hannah.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Normally I like you, but you cane off as a delusional bitch. You start this ridiculous conversation and then get mad when Jules points out Kyles less then stellar relationship with the truth. Production seems a little over Amanda. She’s not getting a great edit

I didn’t actually find her a bitch in that scene. 1. She didn’t start the conversation she pulled a truth card that asked who she would sacrifice (forget the exact wording) and had to say amongst the four women, three of whom she has known for awhile and is actual friends with and one person who she doesn’t know. She tries to choose Jules by saying she would choose her because she trust’s Jordan. I thought that was a fairly nice way of choosing Jules but not saying anything bad about her and than Jules and Lindsay bring up and double down on Kyle cheating on Amanda.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I didn’t actually find her a bitch in that scene. 1. She didn’t start the conversation she pulled a truth card that asked who she would sacrifice (forget the exact wording) and had to say amongst the four women, three of whom she has known for awhile and is actual friends with and one person who she doesn’t know. She tries to choose Jules by saying she would choose her because she trust’s Jordan. I thought that was a fairly nice way of choosing Jules but not saying anything bad about her and than Jules and Lindsay bring up and double down on Kyle cheating on Amanda.

I think Amanda should have just ended it with the fact that she doesn't know her as well as the others and therefore chose her. But she took it further and mentioned her trusting Jordan. Jules wasn't around last season and for all we know, he hasn't lied to her yet, so why would she not trust him? I don't think Jules should have brought up the cheating by Kyle, but she could have said something along the sames lines  (that Amanda trusts Kyle). 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

This is kinda OTT but I totally am going to use the line Lindsay used with Carl. I think it was something like "Don't activate me, you do not wanna see me activated"

That cracked me up too! I loved it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I think Amanda should have just ended it with the fact that she doesn't know her as well as the others and therefore chose her. But she took it further and mentioned her trusting Jordan. Jules wasn't around last season and for all we know, he hasn't lied to her yet, so why would she not trust him? I don't think Jules should have brought up the cheating by Kyle, but she could have said something along the sames lines  (that Amanda trusts Kyle). 

That’s my thought. Or she could have made it into a joke the way Lindsey did with Paige being high maintenance. I probably would have gone with something like “Hannah because she’s the only one here I think could get off the island on her own.” or “uhhh, can I pick Carl for obvious reasons?” Instead she took it very seriously and said Jules because she doesn’t know her. Ok, that’s not a great way to make the new girl feel included, but she could have just dropped it. Then she had to go on a whole thing about liars and how if Jules associated with liars that makes her untrustworthy. It was just doing way too much for a dumb game of truth or dare. But that’s why I don’t like games like that. I’m not a big fan of that type of “honesty” that feels like a grown up excuse to be mean girls. Almost any time anyone says “I’m just being honest” I grow very suspicious.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Carl is such an asshole. What the fuck is his problem? He has serious rage issues. I actually thought Lindsey was being relatively calm (for her) at the dinner until Carl decided to go full smug rage monster. I actually would not have gotten over it as quickly as she did. I don’t think I would ever be friends with him again. Honestly, I think there’s something wrong with him.

I think Carl got so ragey and obnoxious because he wasn't getting a reaction out of Lindsay. If Lindsay is calm and pleasant, he is the bad guy (in his mind-he IS the bad guy to every rational person), but if Lindsay "Lindsays" then he thinks everyone will think he did the right thing. My opinion on him anyway. I would call him a child, but that is insulting to children.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

That’s my thought. Or she could have made it into a joke the way Lindsey did with Paige being high maintenance. I probably would have gone with something like “Hannah because she’s the only one here I think could get off the island on her own.” or “uhhh, can I pick Carl for obvious reasons?” Instead she took it very seriously and said Jules because she doesn’t know her. Ok, that’s not a great way to make the new girl feel included, but she could have just dropped it. Then she had to go on a whole thing about liars and how if Jules associated with liars that makes her untrustworthy. It was just doing way too much for a dumb game of truth or dare. But that’s why I don’t like games like that. I’m not a big fan of that type of “honesty” that feels like a grown up excuse to be mean girls. Almost any time anyone says “I’m just being honest” I grow very suspicious.

The bolded part really was where she went off the rails.  Even if she thinks Jordan has lied, the "lies" aren't anything that would hurt anybody. To me, he just seems like one of those people who exaggerates the truth.  

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • Love 2
On 3/12/2020 at 11:00 PM, metalchik said:

The way Carl was just belligerently pouring alcohol down his throat was like some 4 year old throwing a tantrum - I dunno what his problem is but he needs to sort himself pout before he hits 40 and is a broken down second rate sales person selling Loverboy out the back of his car in some suburban parking lot lol

Luke is used to clicking his fingers and getting what he wants- because hot - I wonder how long he will persist with Hannah before he turns and starts shading her.

I don't get a gay vibe from Jordan I just think he has problems in the dick department and gets some perverse enjoyment from having that aired on international TV. Seriously who does that?

• Love 4
On 3/13/2020 at 3:12 AM, jmcd44 said:

I hate Carl so much. He has not changed in all the seasons and then to blame his dickish behavior on blacking out is such a sad excuse. He is in his 30s, not a college freshman his first weekend drinking away from home. It feels very gross in 2020 for him to say "Well I yelled at you because I was blacked out." Honestly he sort of needs a woman like Lindsay-maybe with a strong personality pumping him up, he will be able to..I don't know.. keep a job his BFF didn't give him.

I feel like Jordan is trying to rush into being a couple with Jules to a-prove to people he is "manly enough" (eye roll on having to prove that) or b-be on the show (even though Jules is as cute as a button and seems pleasant). I thought her calling him for the dare was hilarious (and did Kyle call her a "stage-5 clinger" after? Your fiance hates you Kyle-chill). 

I know I am very much a party of one, but I like Hannah. I know people think she is ugly, but I appreciate how she isn't always done up like the other girls (probably because I wear very little makeup and I'm projecting) and always seems up for something sporty. All people aren't attracted to the same types of people and confidence is a pretty attractive quality so maybe Luke likes that? I also like that she made him work a bit and didn't just immediately hook up with him (I 100% would have when I was younger!).

Reveal spoiler

They are apparently all over each other's social media still, so they might still be a thing. Or just friends, but they are on good terms.

She is also very funny on twitter and in interviews. She reminds me a bit of Courtney from Below Deck in that way. 

Totally agree Carl is being a tool. And I using this whole was so drunk I forget what happened is BS. At our worst we can all at least remember snippets or know something bad went down.

Is Jordan getting off on exposing his dick issues to the universe? Who knows about a show like this and thinks "Hmmm lets put my insanely embarrassing sex problems on display to the world....for multiple seasons cause one season of embarrassment wasn't enough!" rme

I'm with you on the Hannah thing. She is probably the most authentic of all of them - makes no apologies for just being who she is 🙂

Edited by F8.
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

I think Carl got so ragey and obnoxious because he wasn't getting a reaction out of Lindsay. If Lindsay is calm and pleasant, he is the bad guy (in his mind-he IS the bad guy to every rational person), but if Lindsay "Lindsays" then he thinks everyone will think he did the right thing. My opinion on him anyway. I would call him a child, but that is insulting to children.

I think you have a point. Earlier, Lindsey was being perfectly reasonable if upset. Really she was either crying by herself or being very quiet, but she wasn’t actually doing anything. Carl was already calling her crazy and talking about how he got out just in time when he and Kyle were at the bar-b-q cooking. He just kept  pushing and pushing until she left the table. And again, she didn’t really do anything. She wasn’t taking it upon herself to smooth over the tension and she left when she realized things were getting heated, but she didn’t actually do much of anything else, but he still accuses her of causing drama for being upset. Carl then decides to get blackout drunk when it become obvious he’s the asshole.

He pulled the same thing on Lauren back in season 1 or 2(can’t remember which) when he brought 2 girls to a party when he and Lauren were still messy. When she didn’t give him a big reaction he pushed and pushed until she got upset at how mean he was being and then accused her of causing drama.

He really is the worst. Danielle was right when she said something to the effect of he seems fine when you first meet him, but then you realized there’s something very dark and ugly and wrong underneath.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

This is kinda OTT but I totally am going to use the line Lindsay used with Carl. I think it was something like "Don't activate me, you do not wanna see me activated"

The chances of you also watching Picard (the new Star Trek series) and this are remote LOL but there is a character on there who is basically about to destroy the world and they keep talking about how to stop her being "activated" - gave me a chuckle when Lindsay said that 😄

On 3/13/2020 at 3:16 AM, bichonblitz said:

Lindsey knows better. She and Carl have been friends for a long time, she is well aware that he is a douchenozzle.

Thankyou.

Douchenozzle is a much underused term and applies perfectly in this situation ! 😄

Edited by F8.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I think Carl might be jealous of Lindsay's work accomplishments - she has her own business which is doing pretty well -  and he can't deal with a woman being more successful than him in the relationship. I think maybe under it all he feels like a bit of a loser and lashes out at people.

If Jordan had his penis performance problems under control I could understand him wanting to come back for a redemption round but to reappear on the show with his limp bizkit in his pants still embarrassing him...who does that? Social media must be dumping all kinds of hell on him right now :$

I heard an interview with Luke on The Daily Dish and as he settled into the interview he went from attractively confident to douchy arrogance - kinda manboy I-can-lay-any-girl-I-want sort of vibe and I am starting so that on the show as he relaxes into it - I think he has been on his best behaviour and we are starting to see the cracks show. Bitching about Hannah being late as his first comment to her on their date, turning up with the motorbike and the whole swagger crap. Just....no.

When Kyle ends up being the best behaved dude on the show you know we have problems :'‑)

• Love 5

Luke is so used to being the alpha in the relationship he just can't handle what Hannah is doing and I am LIVING for it.

She turns up 10 minutes late and he is already I-can't-believe-you-would-do-that-don't-you-know-I'm-a-MODEL!. She beats him at every game they play and then keeps sidestepping intimacy and then won't go home with him.

HANNAH: "Yeah I think you're cool" *smile*

LUKE: "Am I cool enough and good looking enough to get a kiss?" BARF! 

HANNAH "Errrmmm no" 😆 LOVE IT.

vlcsnap-2020-03-14-05h47m10s075.thumb.png.da07358b16f83601b2f43fe9fda7d2e5.png

Look at it- he's clearly giving I-can't-believe-you-would-do-that-don't-you-know-I'm-a-MODEL! face lol

Don't forget Hannah said that every relationship she has ended because she felt too in control...and she's doing it again - Luke's a douche. Period. 

Go have fun with Paige and leave Luke to bitch in the producer interviews about "Her loss is somebody else's gain" ... barf again.

Edited by F8.
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, F8. said:

think he has been on his best behaviour and we are starting to see the cracks show.

Not to mention that his response to Carl being an asshat about Sarah, he was like well now I am going to go after her just to show you! Um she is a person not a prize in a competition between you two awful bros.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, F8. said:

Is Jordan getting off on exposing his dick issues to the universe? Who knows about a show like this and thinks "Hmmm lets put my insanely embarrassing sex problems on display to the world....for multiple seasons cause one season of embarrassment wasn't enough!" rme

Maybe his plan was to show everybody that he got over his dick issues but his dick was like: '"Nah bruh...I'm not UP for it..." and well now he is stuck embarrassing himself all over again. 

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/12/2020 at 10:57 PM, DrSparkles said:

I. Hate. Carl.

He's an emotionally retarded, insecure shit-stirrer and a shit-tester. 

What was that bs he mentioned in the very first episode in season 1 about almost getting engaged???  Do you think that was bullshit to make himself sound like he could go there if he wanted to?  I mean, I doubt anyone could verify that story.

I've never been one of those people who believed in old-clichéd expressions.  One such phrase is "Be with a guy who treats his mother well, because he will treat you well." I call total bullshit on that.  Well, first of all, my father treated his mother very well, but treated me and my mother like shit.  Carl thinks the world of his mother, but he treats women like shit.  I will never accept people of an adult age blaming their parents' divorce as a reason to keep screwing up relationships.  You're just using it as an excuse because you're a total pussy.  You need to take responsibility and own your shit.  And bloody fix yourself.

• Love 8
On 3/14/2020 at 12:40 AM, SarahPrtr said:

I've never been one of those people who believed in old-clichéd expressions.  One such phrase is "Be with a guy who treats his mother well, because he will treat you well." I call total bullshit on that.  Well, first of all, my father treated his mother very well, but treated me and my mother like shit.  Carl thinks the world of his mother, but he treats women like shit.  I will never accept people of an adult age blaming their parents' divorce as a reason to keep screwing up relationships.  You're just using it as an excuse because you're a total pussy.  You need to take responsibility and own your shit.  And bloody fix yourself.

I totally agree. The best gage of how someone will treat you is...how they treat you. I know it sounds stupidly reductive and simple, but I honestly think you should look at how people do treat you, not how they theoretically might treat. Women (and I am sure men in different ways) are often taught to find all sorts of excuses to stay romantically involved with people who just aren’t very nice to us. He loves his mom! He’s such a good buddy to his friends! He’s so sweet with his nieces and nephews! That’s great, but he isn’t very nice to you. 

• Love 12
On 3/12/2020 at 4:57 AM, DrSparkles said:

I. Hate. Carl.

Yes! Thank you! I thought he was semi-amusing during the first season, but now I realize he has some deep-seated issues. He is literally a shell of a man. He goes through the motions pretending to be a charming, employable go-getter, but he is none of these things. You can actually see him squirm in his own skin because he does not like who he's become (or not become) and he knows he's just paying lip service. He is not interested in dating anyone, he just wants to 'appear' as though he's living the life and playing the field, and then he purposely sabotages any chance of the relationship moving forward.

• Love 2
On 3/11/2020 at 6:08 PM, RedDelicious said:

Jules vaping in the background 😆

I wish that while Jules was vaping, she would have a Come to Jesus moment and realize that the sexual 'dysfunction' she and Jordan are experiencing has nothing to do with her and everything to do with Jordan being gay. I do not understand why he cannot just accept who he is, instead of fabricating yet more ridiculous emotional 'issues' and scenarios that exist only in his imagination.

Surely Jules is not really buying into Jordan's fake angst-ridden excuses with regards to his inability to please her in bed? Has she not figured out that he is incapable of uttering a single honest thought?

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 5

Even though I do not understand the appeal of Hannah, I respect her refusal to engage in any flirtation, dalliance, etc. with a man who is dating other women. And good on Luke for being (finally honest). Problem is, Luke only showed interest in Hannah because he heard that she wanted Armand to state his intention, and Luke saw that as a challenge. Blech!

• Love 3
On 3/12/2020 at 10:10 PM, FozzyBear said:

Honestly, I think there’s something wrong with him.

It bothers me that this show has boosted any of these idiots' social media.

You are right - There is something seriously wrong with Carl and did you catch how his new storyline is that he can't commit because of his parent's divorce. Say what? What the heck was his excuse for the 30 years prior to the divorce? Even worse, Carl and Lindsay are so desperate to remain relevant that they are playing pretend relationship/ lost friendship games. I don't care enough to wade through another episode to see if they can get their friendship back. Who the hell cares?

Even worse... the show's top storyline opened with "Carl fingered Lindsay"! I almost threw up in my mouth. What are we, in grade 8? Who the hell even does that to a grown woman if he's not intimate with her? 

Lindsay seems so smart and in control in her professional life, yet she behaves like a doormat one minute, then a bunny boiler the next. Let's not forget that she manages these transitions back and forth but exhibiting alcoholic tendencies. (At least she and Carl have THAT in common.) Perhaps these extreme behaviours are the reasons why she is still single at 35. Find someone you like, not someone you think will look good on your instagram with you. Take a stand Lindsay, and stick up for yourself.

Carl's rage re: Luke asking Sarah out. Once again, is this grade 8? Luke should have dropped him with one good upper cut.

• Love 2