Type keyword(s) to search

The Awards Thread: The Golden Throne

• Start Topic

On ‎09‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, catrice2 said:

So now we are deciding that if we are going to do a tribute to the show they have to have been an Emmy Nominee?  I am not the only one commenting on this. It was odd, and quite frankly they did not need all of them to do that. Was she a nominee this year? 

It wasn't a tribute.  They were presenting an award.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:21 PM, tabularasa said:

Overall, I'm still bitter about GoT, it's really Dexter/Lost-like in a way that the finale ruined the whole show. Fans are still bitter and it was so easy to kind of please them..

We were out shopping the other day and my girlfriend showed me a GoT shirt.  I told her I just couldn't wear that, I have a problem with them right now.

Other than Best Drama, I'd say their wins were well deserved, so congratulations for those.

Too bad there wasn't an award for Worst Ending to an Otherwise Great Series, they would have won that hands down.

• Love 3

So nothing for Emila or Alfie or Nikolai or Peter but Kit, who just stood around, repeating "My Queen" and "I don't want it?" all season, gets a nom?

Although I'm LOL at the show being snubbed (even if E2 from this season was one of my faves in the series, it was all downhill after E3). 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • LOL 1

Screen Actors Guild Award nominations:

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series - Peter Dinklage

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series

Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Comedy or Drama Series

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I don't get what's with all of these Kit Harrington nomination.  I consider him and Emilia to be two of the weakest actors in the cast but at least Emilia had a standout episode in Episode 5 when it came to acting.  I can't say the same for Kit.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, benteen said:

I don't get what's with all of these Kit Harrington nomination.  I consider him and Emilia to be two of the weakest actors in the cast but at least Emilia had a standout episode in Episode 5 when it came to acting.  I can't say the same for Kit.

Could it be Disney (because he's in a Marvel movie soon)? Or HBO if Kit is in a future project of theirs? Because there is no way Kit would be nominated as best actor of anything unless someone pulled the strings bts.

• Love 1
On 12/19/2019 at 11:32 AM, Smad said:

Could it be Disney (because he's in a Marvel movie soon)? Or HBO if Kit is in a future project of theirs? Because there is no way Kit would be nominated as best actor of anything unless someone pulled the strings bts.

No.  This awards push happened for Kit well before he got cast in a Marvel movie and he isn't even one of the leads in that movie. 

I find Kit Harrington's many nominations to be puzzling because he hasn't shown the talent and range to justify them.

• Love 1