Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Of Mouse and Men

Marilyn goes behind Grace's back to fix her up with a beagle-breeding couple interested in adopting Grace's baby; Will helps Karen deal with a PR nightmare; Jack and Estefan go to extreme lengths to get rid of a mouse.

Original air date: February 13, 2020

I thought that couple putting Grace "through her paces" like a dog was pretty classic W&G. That was my favorite bit. And I knew she'd like the hot dog. 

The thing with the mouse though . . . white mice are typically either pets or used in lab experiments. Wild mice are usually brown. That's a problem most TV shows have with mice. They have to get a trained mouse but it isn't realistic. There's no way a mouse would just wind up on top of Jack's head, either. Unless that was supposed to be someone's pet that got loose. 

Once again, no Karen. Are things so bad between Megan Mullally and Debra Messing she had to be written out of the show? That seems horribly unprofessional to me. Lots of actors don't get along and still manage to work together. It's called being a grownup. And God knows they're getting paid enough. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Once again, no Karen. Are things so bad between Megan Mullally and Debra Messing she had to be written out of the show? That seems horribly unprofessional to me. Lots of actors don't get along and still manage to work together. It's called being a grownup. And God knows they're getting paid enough. 

I read she'll be out of two shows. I think she'll be on the rest of the season.

• Love 3

I just checked the IMDb page for this episode to find out who played Hector, the ball player suffering from internalized homophobia (it's Christian Ochoa), and got a good chuckle out of learning Jack's husband Estefan's last name. How did I not catch on that his character is named Estefan Gloria?😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

This is actually about last episode, but for some reason it just occurred to me so I decided to put it here so someone might see it to respond. So last week Jack and Estefan were celebrating their one year anniversary. And Grace left to go travel immediately after the wedding and got pregnant while traveling. How long was she traveling that she’s still pregnant, and it doesn’t seem even half way through the pregnancy? 

• Love 3

I think Grace has one of those TV pregnancy where time has no correlation to her progress. She is only pregnant when necessary.

This was an OK episode, I do prefer the show when the episode has everybody in the same story instead of clear distinct separate ones like what was shown in this episode. I enjoyed it, but it just felt like a series of skits, instead of a plot.

And I really don't miss Karen when she is absent. Even though I have bagged out this piosde, I feel this season is stronger when her character isn't present. I would still love to know what caused the issue amongst the staff, cause honestly these people are paid to act, so they should be forced to act like they like each other. That's what they are getting paid for.

• Love 4

Of course Grace would be the one to kill the mouse and throw it out without a second's hesitation—who knows how much cheese Will would have wasted on traps if she hadn't!

This is the first time I recall seeing Estefan being presented as a real person rather than a prop for a joke.

• Love 2
On 2/15/2020 at 12:53 PM, iMonrey said:

I don't think they've ever said it on the show. I'm pretty sure I would have remembered that.

I have heard it on the show before, but would not be able to name the episode.