Type keyword(s) to search

S40: Sandra Diaz-Twine

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I’m rooting for a third title.

Why not? My feeling is the show want someone to tie her. Look at the previous season . . . Rob seemed to do most of the talking, probably because Burnett and Probst love deifying Rob. Sure, Sandra wasn’t spectacular in either of her wins, but she was great to watch.

The main argument for her being the show’s G.O.A.T.? She had to spend 77 of 78 days with Jon Dalton and Russell Hantz, and she didn’t murder either of them. Regardless of the S20 casting, she’ll always be a hero to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

How will you play differently than you have in your past seasons?
I'm gonna switch it up from the usual "as long as it's not me" philosophy.

That'll be interesting to watch. I love Sandra and would love to see her win again. And I still think that it would be hard for a jury to vote for anyone who lets her get to Final Tribal Council. If she doesn't win, I hope she at least makes it to the merge and to the jury.

• Love 4

Sandra interview.

https://my.xfinity.com/ed/tv/2020/02/11/survivor-champion-sandra-diaz-twine-if-i-win-a-third-time-im-going-to-have-a-bigger-crown/

Diaz-Twine: I’m going to make sure every female out here is voted out one by one. There won’t be another queen. That’s for sure. I’d hate for a female to win. You know what, if I’m on the jury and she’s the best player, I’ll give it to her. But at the end of the day I don’t want there to be another queen or for my wins to be compared to someone’s else wins because now there’s two, two-time winners and we’re both females. So actually, I’m here to help the guys make it to the end. Then we’ll have our first king, other than Richard Hatch, he’s the original.

yeah sorry Sandra, I can't endorse this strategy. Kind of sad really.

(she is really let this "queen" thing go to her head)

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 5

Hmm. As I recall, there was a lot of this "the Queen stays Queen" talk from Sandra in the pre-game stuff for Game-Changers, too, and probably in the first episode. But I don't remember her really following that up much as the game progressed. Hopefully she'll get over it and just do what needs to be done without worrying about her "legacy".

Hopefully. 😕 

4 hours ago, LanceM said:

yeah sorry Sandra, I can't endorse this strategy. Kind of sad really.

Neither can I. Normally I would say, "Other women are not your enemy," but on Survivor everyone is your enemy, so it's more that the other women are no more of a threat to her than the men are, and it's disappointing that she can't see that.

If she's worried about protecting her legacy in the event she gets voted out, then she should want the eventual winner to be someone who's been on at least two other seasons, since that would protect her two wins on two appearances record. But really, all this concern about her legacy means that her attention is divided, and I suspect that will be her undoing.

• Love 3

It’s been a good many years since I’ve watched survivor so I’m pretty unsure how it plays out once you’ve been voted out and sent to the edge.  I’m assuming there will be an opportunity to get back in game for some, one, all? Most of the people I was routing for are now camped out there.  After seeing what Sandra’s financial worth is online,  I believe I read that it is over $70 million which I do wonder if that is even possible but if it is I would want someone else to win the 2 million dollar prize.  Not sure that’s fair but that’s how I’m feeling.

Edited by endure
26 minutes ago, endure said:

It’s been a good many years since I’ve watched survivor so I’m pretty unsure how it plays out once you’ve been voted out and sent to the edge.  I’m assuming there will be an opportunity to get back in game for some, one, all? Most of the people I was routing for are now camped out there.  After seeing what Sandra’s financial worth is online, show I believe I read that it is over $70 million which I do wonder if that is even possible but if it is I would want someone else to win the 2 million dollar prize.  Not sure that’s fair but that’s how I’m feeling.

Yeah, at this point, I'd rather watch them on EOE over those still in the game.  Thankfully Yul is still there, but beyond that, give me more EOE. 

How EOE worked for S38 was this: people were voted off, and had the choice to stick it out until they were able to return to the game, or they could raise a white flag, and they would be picked up by a boat, thus ending their Survivor experience.  The first chance to re-enter came at the merge, the second was at the final 6.  Those who tried to re-enter the first time were allowed to go back to EOE and try a second time.  All those people also were part of the jury.  Also, no one in the game knew about EOE existence until the first time the group came back to re-enter.  

This time around, everyone who goes to EOE has to stay there until the next person arrives at least (before they could leave whenever they wanted).  I'm assuming that there will be two opportunities for someone to come back this season, and that the rules will pretty much be the same as before.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Yeah, at this point, I'd rather watch them on EOE over those still in the game.  Thankfully Yul is still there, but beyond that, give me more EOE. 

How EOE worked for S38 was this: people were voted off, and had the choice to stick it out until they were able to return to the game, or they could raise a white flag, and they would be picked up by a boat, thus ending their Survivor experience.  The first chance to re-enter came at the merge, the second was at the final 6.  Those who tried to re-enter the first time were allowed to go back to EOE and try a second time.  All those people also were part of the jury.  Also, no one in the game knew about EOE existence until the first time the group came back to re-enter.  

This time around, everyone who goes to EOE has to stay there until the next person arrives at least (before they could leave whenever they wanted).  I'm assuming that there will be two opportunities for someone to come back this season, and that the rules will pretty much be the same as before.

I had already forgotten that S38 didn’t know about the EoE. That made is a little more exciting in the beginning. It became less exciting for me as it dragged on and   on & when <Spoiler Alert> Underwood won. LOL!!!!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, simplyme said:

Thanks for sharing!  I've been a little bit "over" Sandra for awhile - not so much because of the Queen thing but because she is so abrasive.

This season, however, she seems to have been more relaxed and was really enjoying her tribe and the game.  I turned a corner and now have a soft spot for her.

She is super humble here, which I love.

• Love 1

That was a great interview. Gotta love when people can own their mistakes wholeheartedly and laugh about it, even if they are still kind of kicking themselves. And I think it shows that most (emphasis on most 😛of her "I'm the queen" shtick and talk of being "betrayed" by Rob at the beginning is just for show.