Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: 10-8 Outlaws

Struggling to come to terms with the new responsibilities of his role as Sherriff, Bill refuses to stay out of the field when a criminal to whom he is personally connected resurfaces. Meanwhile, two new deputies come into the picture, Gabriel Luna, a training officer overseeing Harris' class of new deputies, and Charlie Minnick. Also, Undersheriff Jerry London and Bill continue to wrestle for control of the department.

Airing Thursday, January 9, 2020.

I do not think I like this episode, it is poorly written.

So the Sheriff and the Deputies were just waiting in their vehicles while an armed robbery was taking place? They did not setup perimeter nor get ready to catch the criminals? And when the security guard came, nobody intercepted? And so, the security guard got shot on the chest point blank, the robbers got away. Should they not have covered all exit points?

I thought medical professionals had the obligation to report gun shot wounds?

And I hate the trope where when law enforcement vehicles pass on the street / highway with emergency lights on and siren blaring, no single car pulls over. In fact, it seems like those cars are competing who can block best.

• Love 9

Second that thought, so much wrong with catching those crooks. I don't have any police training and I could have come up with a better plan. They came in through the roof, so send some police officers on the roof with some flash bangs, smoke bombs and their guns trained on the suspects. Since the crooks didn't come through the door, how could they open the door so easily and just walk out. Nobody stopped the security guard from leaving his vehicle or at least provided some cover by driving their vehicles up to his, so the crooks would think twice about coming out. At least provide the security guard with some cover fire when he was getting shot. I would have never allowed them to leave the store.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

I do not think I like this episode, it is poorly written.

So the Sheriff and the Deputies were just waiting in their vehicles while an armed robbery was taking place? They did not setup perimeter nor get ready to catch the criminals? And when the security guard came, nobody intercepted? And so, the security guard got shot on the chest point blank, the robbers got away. Should they not have covered all exit points?

I thought medical professionals had the obligation to report gun shot wounds?

And I hate the trope where when law enforcement vehicles pass on the street / highway with emergency lights on and siren blaring, no single car pulls over. In fact, it seems like those cars are competing who can block best.

Years ago the LAPD had a unit called the Special Investigation Section, before the Three Strike laws went into effect that was their tactic. We can arrest now on a minor charge that the DA won't do nothing with or wait for the "major", thus name for the Sheriff's unit, crime Which the Deputy told his Sheriff us. Because the real life LAPD unit were undercover while waiting for the big crime to occur and then to ambush the crooks on the way out they became known as a gunfighter unit. as officer involved shootings piled up 

I sat watching the high tech major burglary crew wondering why one guy had a shotgun just aiming in the middle of the night. But what was really weird was the newscast footage with reporters talking about the Sheriff's department doing everything to go after a "serial jewelry thief", not a murderer who was killing witnesses to say away from a third strike life imprisonment charge,

The show is acting like this is some small department at times, not one with around 10,000 deputies.  The driver/bodyguard sure she is marked for higher leadership down the road like when then Sergeant Darryl Gates drove Chief Parker on his rise to Chief of Police of Los Angeles.  But the Under Sheriff also trying to recruit some random patrol deputy because she provided uniformed back up to the Majors seemed like an odd path to take. Will the Sheriff and Under Sheriff be gathering forces for a department civil war when there is an election in 104 days?

I wonder what episode the acting Sheriff announces he is running for Sheriff since he was on top of the remove from lawman duty list the Under Sheriff had. So if he losses the only way to remain a lawman is to transfer where the local establishment doesn't care about too many uses of force. And they even cared as far back as the original Dirty Harry movie and on Justified while Raylan Givens' shooting was "legally justified he was given  a disciplinary transfer to the last assignment he wanted.

• Love 2

Agree with every post above this one. Especially the cars not pulling over for cops with lights and sirens going. All I could think was, every one of you jerks are getting a citation and a ticket. Then they all stop in the middle of the freaking Interstate to pick up random bills tossed from a cycle. WTH. I know that's happened before with Brinks accidents, but the people at least pull over to the side of the road.

Such cr*p writing.

But what bothered me the most, so much so that I couldn't even pay attention to the story line, was the camera work. EVERY scene was back lit so whomever was in the scene was all halo-like. Then the hand-held camera work was so whack, it was like the guy filming had a monster case of tremors or advanced Parkinson's. A character would be talking and the camera, shaking all the way, would zoom in on the face, then drop down to the speaker's chin, then back up to the forehead, then zoom back, then shake to the left, then right. All while everyone was back lit. I don't have any kind of motion sickness, but I literally felt physical relief when the commercials came on so lighting was from the front and the camera was steady. It was like I had just come off a bad carnival ride.

The only scenes that weren't back lit were the helicopter ones. But then that whole sequence was so stupid, "Put the helicopter down so I can machine gun the oncoming motorcycle." Geezy pete, show runners. Get it together would ya. I can't take much more of this.

I do find it funny though that the sheriff, such a total bad ass, takes time in the morning to Bed Head spike his hair so he looks cool and hip.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 4

This is really bad. How many times is SHERIFF DORF going to refer to himself DEPUTY [DORF]? 🤣

Dorf's wife is also Bull's [pregnant] wife.

I don't think this will make it thru S01.

The freeway closing brought back memories of the OJ slow chase.

I just knew one of those cops (deputies) would get shot once they entered the convenience store.

Once again, this is really bad.

Edited by preeya

Oh man, my tv is pathetic.  I must have about ten pixels--I didn't even know he had a toothpick.

My practice, with new shows, is to rack up multiple episodes before I watch.  I wasn't enthralled with the pilot, but by the end of the second hour, I was disappointed I didn't have a third one in the can. 

Compact, pragmatic Bishop is a nice juxtaposition to the unmade bed that is her boss; plus, she was adorable when she twinkled out those dimples.  I liked the characters and the lessons Deputy Godson was getting from his new mentor/partner.  "You're not ready for that lesson, [Luke.]"  Ha.   Saint Doctor Wife--meh, whatever.  If she can save Deputy Obi Wan, she can stay.

It was good enough for me to select Series Record.

• Love 2