Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Winter Hiatus reruns 12/23/19 - 1/3/20

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday December 23, 2019 - First Aired: December 9, 2019
The Rodriguez family from Orlando, a 21-year-old takes on raising her five siblings after the death of both parents; "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices.

Tuesday December 24, 2019 - First Aired: December 11,2019
Chris Christie guest co-hosts; Lupita Nyong'o ("Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker"); holiday performance from Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard.

Thursday December 26, 2019 - First Aired: October 2, 2019
Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton ("The Book of Gutsy Women"); and Ben Platt ("The Politician").

Friday December 27, 2019 - First Aired: September 5, 2019
Wendy Williams ("The Wendy Williams Show")

Monday December 30, 2019 - First Aired: September 13, 2019
Kim Kardashian West ("Keeping Up with the Kardashians")

Tuesday December 31,2019 - First Aired: November 14, 2019
Highlights include: Whoopi's birthday celebration; and the cast of Broadway's "Ain't Too Proud - The Life and Times of the Temptations."

Thursday January 2, 2020 - First Aired: September 12, 2019
Hot topics are discussed.

Friday January 3, 2020 - First Aired: October 23, 2019
Meghan McCain's birthday is celebrated. Cameron Douglas is featured. Shooter Jennings performs.

4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Why would they rerun birthday shows? They were time-wasters the first time around.

I enjoyed the performance that episode, I don't remember anything else.

I don't recall watching the Rodriguez family episode, there was probably impeachment stuff on. OMG The silence that follows after blAbby says to Joy "There's nothing that you love more, Joy, than a Republican uhh- " what she said was probably censored, since the audience laughed, but the camera wasn't on blAbby so it seemed like an awkward pause on her part.

re: secret santa. Alcohol would not be a good gift to give me since I don't drink.

Thank you Sunny for another gif.

giphy.gif

• Love 2

The Rodriguez family episode was the one that was pre-empted but didn't get added to OnDemand or Hulu.  I'm glad I remembered a couple of days ago to check and see if it was repeated.  They're a very impressive family.  For a while I was afraid they weren't going to be given anything.  

Abby's chartreuse top was hard on the eyes.

And there's way too much inner eye highlighter on Meghan.

Meghan doesn't "want the audience who's watching right now to be convinced that this is in the bag for him".  She's talking about Trump, I guess, and saying that he's not necessarily going to win?.  But then she says the Democrats want a lot of expensive things, and that the ones who want less expensive things are going up in the polls.  Isn't she always saying Trump is going to win?  Did she change her mind?  (The more I thought about it, the more likely I think it is that she does still think Trump will win.  She either a) meant not in the bag for Democrats, or b) doesn't know what the saying "in the bag" means, or c) meant to say some other phrase entirely.   

She tells everybody she wasn't on The View in 2016 (as if viewers don't remember the good old days); she "was on a news network, so she wasn't surprised Trump won, and she's also the only person who's been on a campaign that became a nominee and made it to the top [well, not quite]; didn't come in 13th...if you want to get to the Emerald City you gotta work your way through Oz????

It looks like political expert Meghan didn't know the term for telling pollsters they'll vote for an African American so they won't seem racist, but then vote differently (the Bradley effect).  She got the location of the election where this took place wrong as well (Los Angeles).   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, lusinia said:

The Rodriguez family episode was the one that was pre-empted but didn't get added to OnDemand or Hulu.  I'm glad I remembered a couple of days ago to check and see if it was repeated.  They're a very impressive family.  For a while I was afraid they weren't going to be given anything.  

They were amazing.  We saw it here when it first aired.

What they never explained was how a person under the age of 18 was allowed to be guardian for her siblings.  I just surmised that grandma was the on paper guardian, but they never addressed that.

8 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan doesn't "want the audience who's watching right now to be convinced that this is in the bag for him".  She's talking about Trump, I guess, and saying that he's not necessarily going to win?.  But then she says the Democrats want a lot of expensive things, and that the ones who want less expensive things are going up in the polls.  Isn't she always saying Trump is going to win?  Did she change her mind?  (The more I thought about it, the more likely I think it is that she does still think Trump will win.  She either a) meant not in the bag for Democrats, or b) doesn't know what the saying "in the bag" means, or c) meant to say some other phrase entirely.   

I think Megaphone spouts many opinions to cover herself and to be able to say "told you so".

Yes, she's the only one on the panel ever to be on a political campaign...the only panelist to be fired from her own father's political campaign (ha!), and he lost said political campaign.

So how much is her "political campaign " experience worth? 

Yes, folks, zilch, nada, zero, and a whole lots nothing.

I have had a very nice break from watching an immature brat's meltdowns and screeching. I had even deleted several episodes based on other poster's comments about boring shows here. I want more of Joy, Sunny, and Ana's humor and smarts. I find MeMeMeghun's meanness puts me in a bad mood, hence the deletions. 

Guess what I asked Santa for this Christmas?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bannana said:

What they never explained was how a person under the age of 18 was allowed to be guardian for her siblings.  I just surmised that grandma was the on paper guardian, but they never addressed that.

I had that question as well.  The filmed pieced could have been done better.  It went from the family being worried about staying together to... they just were. 

Then on set, it would have been nice for her if they had explained right away that the grandmother didn't speak English, since she seemed so unaware of what was going on, and I thought that was why the eldest was put in charge (I imagine the fact that the grandmother doesn't speak or understand any English does have something to do with her not being the sole caretaker, though, as far as dealing with things for the kids outside the home).

I just looked up the People article, from July, that was mentioned, and you were right, Tosia, the grandmother did have legal custody at first; at the time the article came out it was in the process of being transferred to Samantha - People.

• Love 1

I’m so tired of Whoopie bringing up Andrew Yang’s idea to give away money.  Where do you think the money’s coming from, Whoopie?  It will come from you and me.  All the proposed freebies aren’t free at all.  Tax rates will have to skyrocket to pay for them.  Why can’t you see that, Whoops?

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, springtime said:

(I’m not a regular viewer)

Whoopi’s Birthday Show- Whoopi's voice is not sounding healthy - Is it residual from her bout with pneumonia?  

No. As I recall she just had a cold.

I caught a few minutes of yesterday’s repeat show.  It was jarring seeing Whoopi with her real hair instead of The Stand hair. 

Ok if you have to do a birthday show, thats the way to do it!  Love those guys!  FF thru the bday segment, though i didnt see the prices.  Id like to know more about the oven.  Hehe.  i jest, i know theyre not for public consumption.  Great music, no MM, Im there!

• Love 3
On 12/30/2019 at 9:24 AM, Axie said:

I’m so tired of Whoopie bringing up Andrew Yang’s idea to give away money.  Where do you think the money’s coming from, Whoopie?  It will come from you and me.  All the proposed freebies aren’t free at all.  Tax rates will have to skyrocket to pay for them.  Why can’t you see that, Whoops?

I thought i had heard from Yangs camp that he would put any surplus from his warchest (campaign money)

7 hours ago, Tammee said:

I thought i had heard from Yangs camp that he would put any surplus from his warchest (campaign money)

The proposal is to give every American $1000 a month.  There are currently over 330 million Americans, with more being born every day.  His war chest would run out waaaay before someone else got into office and dismantled the program.  

19 minutes ago, Axie said:

The proposal is to give every American $1000 a month.  There are currently over 330 million Americans, with more being born every day.  His war chest would run out waaaay before someone else got into office and dismantled the program.  

Whoopi does not understand Universal Basic Income.  It is not meant to be additional funds.  I am from Canada, so I certainly view this differently.  But the way it is intended to work (and it works, even in the US) is that if you give every individual, rich or poor, a basic income with no strings attached, that is a better use of funds.  Other programs in Canada and the US make people prove that they require those funds.  That is a huge administrative cost.

The concept of UBI is that other programs could be eliminated.  It would also reduce social issues that arise from poverty (health, homelessness).

The idea is not to create a new tax for this but to redirect government funds that currently support other programs. 

It has been tried and tested and proven that people do not work less because of UBI.

• Love 4
On 12/31/2019 at 8:16 PM, bannana said:

Whoopi does not understand Universal Basic Income.  It is not meant to be additional funds.  I am from Canada, so I certainly view this differently.  But the way it is intended to work (and it works, even in the US) is that if you give every individual, rich or poor, a basic income with no strings attached, that is a better use of funds.  Other programs in Canada and the US make people prove that they require those funds.  That is a huge administrative cost.

The concept of UBI is that other programs could be eliminated.  It would also reduce social issues that arise from poverty (health, homelessness).

The idea is not to create a new tax for this but to redirect government funds that currently support other programs. 

It has been tried and tested and proven that people do not work less because of UBI.

I dont understand @bannanawhy they dont take advantage of your success with the issue.  Come up and shadow y'all, and set it up down here.  It would be awesome!

1 hour ago, Tammee said:

I dont understand @bannanawhy they dont take advantage of your success with the issue.  Come up and shadow y'all, and set it up down here.  It would be awesome!

It is already proven in the US, in Alaska and in smaller ways in other parts of the US.

We only have pilot examples of UBI, and these were successful.  Other countries have implemented it and it has been successful.

I think we might be closer in Canada to see UBI be introduced.

The objection people have is that it will be an additional tax.  But some research had shown that it actually costs the same or less, because other programs have costly administration attached.  With UBI, no one has to prove a "need".

I know this is veering into off topic so will just post this link, 

https://www.basicincomecanada.org/about_basic_income

• Useful 2