Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: The Book of Resistance: Chapter Three: The Battle of Franklin Terrace

Trini
  • Start Topic

I'll be dipped. A mostly happy ending this week. I kept waiting for the stock stinger of Nash Wells that popped up twice last night, because of course Freeland and the rest of the world would be endangered right after Black Lightning gets a "W." Nope . . . new episode, apparently wrapping up "The Book of Resistance." Will there be an episode tying into COIE?

Lesson learned: Tobias was born in 1946. It is appropriate to dismiss him with "Okay, Boomer."

The rest of the world believe Freeland has been quarantined . . . due to a SARS outbreak. The ASA, ladies and gentlemen . . . they can enforce brutal occupations that are downright un-American, but their cover stories leave a lot to be desired.

Nice to see Painkiller (poor Khalil) get his lunch fed to him by Thunder. Great to see Head Occupation Guy get his ass beat. And it looks like the word will be getting out soon . . .  barring red skies and antimatter waves, of course.

• Love 2

Jefferson finally picks a side and joins Henderson and the resistance!  ASA fucked up big time!  I still wouldn't be surprised if Odell is actually more pissed as his underlings than Jefferson, due to how badly they mishandled things while he was out of commission. Because, sure, he was the worst, but he apparently knew how to run a smooth, evil operation!

Glad to see Anissa dawn the Thunder mantle again and take it to Painkiller.  But she knows that he is Khalil now, so that's going to make for an interesting conversation with Jennifer.

Lynn escapes the ASA's clutches as well, but loses the cure in the process.  Hmm...

If Tobias somehow does get camouflage power, it will be a bad time for a lot of people!

Glad Gambi and crew got the message out in time and I'm curious to see how that will change things.

• Love 2

After last week's set up, this episode really moved things along!

Somebody in the writers' room is definitely an Avatar:TLA fan! Our earthbender was definitely having an 'avatar state' moment - white eyes and everything.

Lynn escaped the ASA facility, but I'm pretty sure she's still screwed? And not just because she's without her crack Green Light. They didn't show it, but I'm pretty sure she did give Tobias camouflage powers - I think he was the ASA soldier that let Lynn get away. Giving Tobias even more powers is just a SUPER bad idea in general, but I'm already cringing at when everybody finds out what Lynn did. And now Tobias is going to be the white man he's always wanted to be - yikes.

Liked the new meta that Gambi met. I hope they let him live; they kill off too many of the cool metas.

And yeah, some nice action/fight scenes in this one. I missed that Thunder stomp! Kinda disappointed that we didn't get a full Black Lightning vs. Fake BL fight, though.

So Gambi, Lynn, and Anissa know about Khalil; I assume Jefferson and Jennifer will get the memo soon.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trini said:

They didn't show it, but I'm pretty sure she did give Tobias camouflage powers - I think he was the ASA soldier that let Lynn get away.

I thought that was the nameless ASA guy from this week and last who seemed the most reticent about all the malevolent deeds his organization has been up to. (They really need to give that guy a name).

I do agree with you that- even though it wasn't shown onscreen- Lynn probably already gave Tobias the camo powers. 

56 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I do agree with you that- even though it wasn't shown onscreen- Lynn probably already gave Tobias the camo powers. 

So dumb. And get ready for a drug withdrawal arc. Why are they doing Lynn like this??

I think Lynn gave Tobias the camouflage powers. When she was trying to get out of the ASA facility with the help of Gambi on the phone, she didn't follow instructions and moved prematurely - and she bumped into the ASA officers.

Surprisingly, one of the ASA officers said to let her go. I was confused by that because I was thinking the only way those uptight officers would do that would be if it were Gambi posing as an officer, but he was in the van.  That officer that let her go was Tobias.

Lynn has been really effing up. I still believe they're leading us towards a Lynn/Tobias relationship. I know it sounds awful, but the woman is hooked on drugs. Who would ever thought that would happend??!

Yeah random ASA SWAT guy, if your going in guns a blazing to attack a sweet old lady who just wants to live in her apartment with her plants...you might just be one of the bad guys! I dont think the guy who let Lynn go was the same guy as the SWAT guy who was questioning attacking the teacher, I wonder if this will lead to some ASA soldiers defecting?

Finally a win for Jefferson and Freeland! Anissa gets her ass kicking on (this show still does some of the best fights on TV), Gambi and his new meta pal get the message out about whats really happening in Freeland, Jefferson takes a building in the name of freedom, and officially joins the resistance, and Lynn escapes the ASA! Granted, its not all good news, with Tobias probably up to some shit, Lynn losing her drugs and falling further into addiction, and now it seems inevitable that Jennifer will find out what has now happened to poor Khalil. Plus, what is happening with the skies, are they getting redder...

I hope the new meta Gambi met sticks around and doesent die to prove how evil the bad guys are, like they do with a lot of the metas. Be careful Gambi, your hurting the computer! 

Odell is gonna be so pissed when he gets back to see how much his underlings have fucked everything up in his carefully built evil organization!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Was the guy who helped Lynne escape the same as the one who cautioned the SWAT team at the attempted eviction? Because if the SWAT guy was Tobias, no way would he have objected to the assault the way he did.

No, not the same guy.

On 12/3/2019 at 10:37 PM, Cthulhudrew said:

I thought that was the nameless ASA guy from this week and last who seemed the most reticent about all the malevolent deeds his organization has been up to. (They really need to give that guy a name).

They called him "Grayle" last week.

My favorite thing is this episode is that Jeff needing his suit to avoid hurting himself with his own powers actually came into play to take down the power copying ASA guy.

• Love 1

The editing on this show is so wonky.   One minute Thunder is shocked to see Kahlil, the next she's at the radio station, apparently having left her dad in the middle of a fight.  Gambi is celebrating with Thunder and TC and a minute later is in his lab alone.  Lynn is considering freeing Tobias AND giving him more power (she's more fucked up on Greenlight then I thought) and then she's escaping.  

If she did give Tobias camouflage power, I don't think he can impersonate someone.  The Meta we saw could only mimic what she was standing in front of. 

• Love 1