Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Dirty

ferjy
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, steph369 said:

Short episode this week. Not much happened. Disappointing after the great last episode.

I thought that a lot happened! For me it was very creepy and gripping, especially Annie's visions of her mother, the silent parade of hypnotized townspeople, and the scenes with Nadia and Chris. However, I was taken out of it a bit by how easy it was for Annie to go to the kitchen to get a knife and then rescue Joy and get her out of the house--I would have expected the undead in the house to be watching Annie more closely and/or come running when they heard the noises from Annie's murders.   

• Love 2

I was on the edge of my seat watching.  As soon as they decided to go after Joy and not Annie I knew it was going to be ON!  Annie doesn’t mess around.

I’m confused about Chris and the haldol though.  I get what they were going for story wise, with the previous discovery that certain meds impact the transition.  But, Chris is dead. How can his personality still be lurking in there?  And if she was able to keep him on a steady dose would he have just been himself?  I’m sure we will learn more about the impacts as the story goes on.

• Love 5

Do NOT mess with Annie, especially when it comes to Joy! Those undead/ghosts/vampires dont know why they're fucking with! This episode was quite eerie, with the hypnotized townsfolk all following the Angel (which reminded me a bit of another SK story, Storm of the Century), Chris trying to get to Nadia and fight the ghost inside of him, Annie's mom appearing to her and telling her to kill Joy, that was all kinds of intense! 

Poor Chris, I am glad that he was at least able to say goodbye to Nadia and try to protect her, and that Nadia realized right away that something was very very wrong and that he hadn't just decided to become a psychopath for no reason (granted she understandably went with "mental breakdown" instead of "possessed by murderous pilgrim ghost). So how much of the people being possessed is even still left?

The silent parade of people following the Angel/Kid was so creepy!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So how much of the people being possessed is even still left?

Good question! I was wondering if Chris retained some of his identity because of the way he was killed--he survived Ace's attack but the final blow was given by the pastor using (I think) some sort of religious object in the church. I'm not Christian or religious in any way, but maybe the use of a religious object and/or the murder taking place in the church resulted in some kind of protective effect?

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The silent parade of people following the Angel/Kid was so creepy!

I wonder what the undead plan to do with all of these people. I don't know if they need all of those bodies as receptacles for the Angel worshippers from the 1600s, but maybe they want to expand the number of worshippers to give themselves more power--maybe even to the wider world beyond Castle Rock. OTOH, Ace gave the order in this episode to kill everyone left in town; it's unclear if he means just the people who are not yet under their sway.

• Love 1
On 11/28/2019 at 8:46 AM, TexasGal said:

But, Chris is dead. How can his personality still be lurking in there?

That’s what I thought too, but then it seems as if they retain everything from the people they are possessing because all of them seem to know everything about the person whose body they take over, and they are able to act like nothing happened. Maybe the original person’s memories (or essence or soul or whatever you want to call it) are still there because of how they do the transfer?

• Love 3
On 11/28/2019 at 8:46 AM, TexasGal said:

I was on the edge of my seat watching.  As soon as they decided to go after Joy and not Annie I knew it was going to be ON! 

I don’t know what this says about me as a human being, but 

Spoiler

I felt a powerful, pure surge of exhilaration upon seeing Annie Fucking Wilkes activate her Sledgehammer of Cockadoodie Mayhem.  I actually yelled “Fuck YEAH!” at the tv.

• LOL 5
16 hours ago, bunnywithanaxe said:

I don’t know what this says about me as a human being, but 

Reveal spoiler

I felt a powerful, pure surge of exhilaration upon seeing Annie Fucking Wilkes activate her Sledgehammer of Cockadoodie Mayhem.  I actually yelled “Fuck YEAH!” at the tv.

You’re one sick bunny. 😉 

• LOL 2
23 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I thought this episode was really good and creepy. Now that Joy is a zombie it doesn't look good for her especially since they caught Annie. What was the guy doing with Annie's pills?

He was replacing her pills with placebos. That’s why Annie was going berserk, she wasn’t getting her meds, even though she was taking double (triple?) doses. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/29/2019 at 1:34 PM, Paloma said:

I wonder what the undead plan to do with all of these people. I don't know if they need all of those bodies as receptacles for the Angel worshippers from the 1600s, but maybe they want to expand the number of worshippers to give themselves more power--maybe even to the wider world beyond Castle Rock. OTOH, Ace gave the order in this episode to kill everyone left in town; it's unclear if he means just the people who are not yet under their sway.

I think they feed, in some way, from the people who aren't them. There's a plan afoot - perhaps it has to do with the thinnies The Kid has been going through - a way to rip through time and space. I'm clueless.

I actually found this a bit dull. Though, like @bunnywithanaxe, I did perk up when Annie got going.

Heh, watching this episode, all I could think was, for this one specific and unusual situation, Joy has the right mother...though if it weren't for Annie, it's extremely unlikely Joy would ever have been in this town in the first place.

So I guess that's why Greg Grunberg's policeman was apparently torched (I think that was him being torched in the earlier episode), to get the ghost out of his body and into the police chief's body instead, since the police chief had the power to release Annie?

Aw, Chris and Nadia. When the Haldol was suppressing the ghost and Chris was yelling "Get him out of me" and such, I briefly had some hope that maybe Chris could survive, that it was just a matter of exorcising the ghost. Nadia's been through so much loss already. But it was not to be. At least their last moment together was with him as himself, telling her that he always loved her.