Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Polar Bear Coolers

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

At Polar Bear Coolers sales have been plummeting the last few years due to a broken inventory process and an owner more concerned with "rocking out" than appreciating his employees. If Marcus can't help this uninhibited owner improve his communication and streamline his process this company will meltdown

original airdate 11/26

UGH!!! Another oldster Peter Pan with a musical instrument and an astronomically overstated sense of his "charm & whimsy".  I hope this guy and coconut dude never meet up.  I know how much Marcus likes synergy and cross-branding, but the douche-bro factor of those two knobs together on screen would be too much to handle.  

If my boss cut my salary by $10k or by 55% like the guys at Polar Cooler said, I would be an ex-employee the next day,  and on the hunt for a good labor lawyer.  What a colossal asshat this guy is!  And I can’t fathom how a seemingly young attractive woman ended up as this guy’s “life-love partner” & baby momma.  

This season has not been good.  The products aren’t great and the “business owners” are garbage people.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

UGH!!! Another oldster Peter Pan with a musical instrument and an astronomically overstated sense of his "charm & whimsy".  I hope this guy and coconut dude never meet up.  I know how much Marcus likes synergy and cross-branding, but the douche-bro factor of those two knobs together on screen would be too much to handle.  

This season has not been good.  The products aren’t great and the “business owners” are garbage people.

Ugh is right.  This guy is awful.  I don't care about his life story.  The format is awful and the people are terrible.  I won't watch another profit with a child-man "dude".  I learn nothing and these people piss me off.

• Love 7

Add me to the ugh list. Even a marriage proposal. I only hope this doesn't lead to a "Very Special " episode in which the Profit hosts a wedding .

One ugh wasn't enough so I have to say it again .... UGH !

• Love 8

I didn't dislike this episode. There was no need to change locations, change the product, sell off much of the business, change manufacturers, change packaging. The owner badly needed an attitude adjustment and the business needed to tighten up a bit and do a better job with promotion. Only four employees. Unlike some businesses, I could see immediate profitability in Polar Bear Cooler's future. 

• Love 3

This episode was another find a business owner with a kind of nutty personality, who can't stay focused,  that Marcus can somehow rein in, while he (Marcus) twists himself into a pretzel to try and make it work. 

Sometimes I think this is just becoming a vehicle for Marcus to see himself on camera. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I don't see why Marcus was even interested in the coolers, either soft side, or hard side.    That sector of the market is crowded, and there are so many major players, that I don't see Polar getting big.     If I'm buying a cooler I'm getting Coleman, or have a big budget, Yeti.    

• Love 4

The barely stifled shit-eating grin on Marcus' face when the business owner turned to him toward the end of the episode and said, "I know your a profit ...but you're also a savior" pretty much sums up what this show is all about now. puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Love 5

Wow, I could not stand the owner when the episode aired.  After watching the "Inside Look" I like him even less.  I could barely get through the "Inside Look" and I have been enjoying these episodes.  I guess Marcus was entertained by him-I don't know why.  

• Love 2