Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Hal-Lou-Ween

It's Halloween again, and with Eddie getting closer to college (maybe), the Huang boys are determined to find a group costume they can all agree on. Meanwhile, Louis decides this is the year he'll finally show Jessica why his favorite spooky holiday is so great.

Original air date: 10/25/19

43 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Trent being too chatty with Jessica was the best part of the episode for me 😄 What a hoot.

They really lucked out when they cast all of these kids back in S1. Sometimes kids get cast because they look the part but aren't great actors. Eddie's friends are all really natural and believable. I love that they gave Trent a bigger role by working at Cattleman's because he is great interacting with Louis and Jessica.

Heh, I loved seeing Eddie in his outgrown Three Amigos costume. He is SO tall now!

• Love 9

Best episode so far this season!  Really sweet of Lou to set up Jessica's fan club.  Also loved Trent spilling the beans to Jessica.  Three boys were cute in all the costumes.

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

They really lucked out when they cast all of these kids back in S1. Sometimes kids get cast because they look the part but aren't great actors. Eddie's friends are all really natural and believable.

So true!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Best episode so far this season!  Really sweet of Lou to set up Jessica's fan club. 

I thought the episode was a bit lacking in substance, which doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable.  Anyway, it's just a Halloween episode.  I don't know if it was really that sweet of Lou to set us the fan club for Jessica, his motivation was more about being manipulative.  He wanted to try to get her to quit fighting him on Halloween, so he tried to draw her in by making it "all about her".  He's right on the button abut Jessica, but it also seems a little cynical.

The sung "Yeah" made it's return when the kids had the idea to dress as each other, after being missing last week.  So it's been in four of five episodes so far. 

On 10/26/2019 at 8:33 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

They really lucked out when they cast all of these kids back in S1. Sometimes kids get cast because they look the part but aren't great actors.

And now they all either past puberty or going through it and I feel so old.  

I sometimes wonder about parent who are so eager to have their little kids on television that they have no problem with them saying a line like "You ruined my childhood, bitches." It's neither artistic nor funny, and just doesn't seem like a worthwhile idea. 

• Love 2

I liked getting a story with the three boys, its been awhile since they were all together. And acknowledgement that that they have really grown a lot since the show started! 

Heh, the Buffy and Angel costume. "I dont watch your programs!"

• Love 2