Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Marathon Day

When Dr. Jacobs collapses after running a marathon, Carol becomes her doctor and they clash over her course of treatment. Also, Daniel and Lexie try to help Caleb conquer an old phobia.

Airdate: Thursday, October 17, 2019

I liked this episode. Carol wasn't annoying like she has been in the past and I liked the scene with her and Doctor Jacobs at the end. I laughed when she was trying to record Dr. Jacobs saying Carol was right and snapped a picture instead. So something I would do, lol. 

I hate feet so I get Caleb's aversion to them. I laughed/cringed at Daniel putting his foot in Caleb's face to get him to come to terms with his phobia. 

The nurse is still my favourite character. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, kariyaki said:

When Dr. Jacobs collapses after running a marathon, Carol becomes her doctor and they clash over her course of treatment. Also, Daniel and Lexie try to help Caleb conquer an old phobia.

Skip.

I saw the commercials, realized Patricia Heaton was reverting to her one-note "I'm always right" bitch persona, and decided I had better things to do. 

• Love 1

I hated this episode. I liked the heart to heart scene with Dr. Jacobs, but that was it. I thought the rest was horrible.  

I've been defending this show but I'm already tired of Carol's same story every week. The other characters still offer amusement but they can only do so much. It's the main character who has to carry the show and it's getting boring.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

I've been defending this show but I'm already tired of Carol's same story every week. The other characters still offer amusement but they can only do so much. It's the main character who has to carry the show and it's getting boring.

Same here. I really want to like the show. I liked parts of the pilot and the second episode. But Carol gets the same story every week. That's getting boring. The other characters really aren't that interesting. I kept getting bored every time it turned back to them in this episode. 

• Love 2

I think the only person on the show that I like is Dennis, but that is not enough to keep me watching. I was hoping I would like this more than I do. The preview to me just showed more of Carol patting herself on the back again. SIGH...

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, andidante said:

I think the only person on the show that I like is Dennis, but that is not enough to keep me watching. I was hoping I would like this more than I do. The preview to me just showed more of Carol patting herself on the back again. SIGH...

I love Dennis!

Edited by Pepper the Cat
  • Love 1

I give the actress that plays Dr. Jacobs a little bit of credit for displaying some physical comedy, but I wish she weren't such a stern character. 

I like the doctor played by Kyle Maclachlan. Kyle seems to be having fun with it.

Although I don't like the female intern (with the long hair), I certainly agreed with her about the ridiculousness of marathons. As a non-runner, I just don't get it. 

Debating whether to keep this on the DVR or not. 

On 10/23/2019 at 12:25 PM, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Debating whether to keep this on the DVR or not. 

I've got space on my DVR and it is a decent distraction when I need a 1/2 hour before bed and there's nothing else I can find I'm dying to watch.  I don't dislike it. It's just not must see for me. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I've got space on my DVR and it is a decent distraction when I need a 1/2 hour before bed and there's nothing else I can find I'm dying to watch.  I don't dislike it. It's just not must see for me. 

Fills in the half hour between Mom and SVU for me!