Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E31: Susan Rice, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Danielle Pletka, Sam Stein, and Thomas Chatterton Williams

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I can't stand Pletka. She is so condescending. Not five words out of her mouth without 'but Obama.'

I'm glad she was firmly called out on deflecting from the question at hand by bringing Obama up in order to derail the discussion about what Trump did with the Kurds and Syria in the last two weeks.

• Love 12

Yeah they shut her up after that. 

I'll concede a pleasant surprise that Tyson walked back from the tweet. The interview was all right. 

That was a long walk for the R Kelly joke but that's how you stick a landing. 

That dude at the end had zero fucks for Pletka. He was like, yeah fuck your never Trump bullshit. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I laughed out loud at Bill's "What will the dog eat first" diatribe.  "You think he's gonna eat the hot dog, but no, he goes for the cracker first."

That was seriously funny. And Pletka was whining about wanting to answer the question. 

• Love 2

Am I humorless and can't take a joke? I found Bill's joke about spirit airlines offensive. First, because he more than suggested that people traveling from Chicago to Baltimore wouldn't survive the flight. 

And then because he basically said that people who need to fly on a budget should expect to get vomited on.

I'm trying to think how I would feel to hear that second joke from someone who isn't typically condescending and obnoxious. This felt like punching down. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, link417 said:

I found the Spirit Airlines joke to be unfunny because it was lazy. I feel like everyone jokes about flying on Spirit being a terrible experience.

Trevor Noah [and the writing staff] rarely pass up an opportunity to work in a Spirit Airlines joke, even when it is not involved in a real news event....

• Love 5