Type keyword(s) to search

S09. E05: Red Dawn

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

On Wednesday I forgot to watch this episode.  Am I going to miss anything important if I don’t watch it as a rerun?

Yes. If you don't watch it you'll be confused on plot points. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

Cody Fern needs to play Lestat. I am not sure what is going with the VC show that Anne Rice has invested in, but hire this guy. He's that good. 

I am so particular with Lestat as I love that character so much. The moment Cody arrived in last season, I texted my Mom that he needed to play Lestat for the new series coming up! 

17 hours ago, WednesdayAddams said:

I am so particular with Lestat as I love that character so much. The moment Cody arrived in last season, I texted my Mom that he needed to play Lestat for the new series coming up! 

That's true. As for Armand, all I see is Finn Wolfhard playing him from the recent trailer of The Turning judging from the description Anne describes him as in the books. Though Armand is not my favorite character, I could see Finn as him. I heard he did good as Boris in The Goldfinch.

To return to the topic, why 9 episodes only? This doesn't sound good. 

• Love 1
On 10/19/2019 at 6:30 PM, sashayshante said:

TV Guide confirmed the season has been cut back. It was supposed to be 10 episodes and they decided mid-season to shorten it to 9. That can't be a good sign.

Don't they have the 10 episodes filmed at this point?

On 10/20/2019 at 12:21 AM, Female83 said:

Yes. If you don't watch it you'll be confused on plot points. 

Even if you do watch it, you'll be confused on plot points.

I am still enjoying the season but I'm a little underwhelmed for the 100th episode. This season seems like Murphy's summer vacation season and he'll be back with something crazy next year.

Unless there is a major twist or reset still coming but with the shortened season (why?) I'm guessing not.

"It's your fault my future is in radio!" Hahahahahaha! I haven't laughed so hard at a line in AHS since Sarah Paulson's "I'm not American, I'm not used to this carnage!" in Roanoke. I work in radio, as did a bunch of my relatives (you could say it's been the family business), so that just really tickled me.

The busload of excited campers pulling up to see Brooke stabbing Montana repeatedly was everything. Loved all the screams.

So Montana plans on essentially running wild in Purgatory. I wonder if that'll mean conflict later with Margaret, who is pretty possessive of the camp. Or maybe they'll just bond over how they like killing. I would think that Ray and Jonas do not understand what they're getting into with Montana, but they saw her kill that cop and seemed weirdly chill/fine about it.

Yup, definitely have no sympathy for Mr. Jingles, or perhaps I should call him Benjamin. He did not have to sell his soul to Satan. But I loved him driving off with Richard Ramirez. Now there's a pair...

Donna's backstory was amazing. To think she was going to catch her father having an affair, and instead finding out he's a serial killer? No wonder she is so royally screwed up and also so desperate to believe that evil is always and only ever made, not born. I think she might turn out to be the season's counterpart to Benjamin (Mr. Jingles), as she does seem truly remorseful and desirous of making restitution. I don't think she'd agree to sell her soul to Satan. I'm interested to see what happens next with her.

It was a nice scene between Brooke and Ray before they slept together, and so I wasn't wrong about the chemistry between them earlier in the season. I felt bad for him when she just abandoned him as he was realizing that he's dead. But maybe it was also kind of karmic for him to get a taste of his own medicine, about how it feels when someone abandons you because they're afraid. That said, I am a little more sympathetic towards cowardliness than I am malicious, sadistic murders. He is not even close to being the worst person this season.

• Love 3