Type keyword(s) to search

Jessie Pavelka: Work it out... the Family Business is Reality!

Not The Bachelor!  But almost!

It does seem like he may have been "in TV" even before his cousin though (maybe the casting agents found Jake through Jessie and not the other way around). Anyway, I bet The Biggest Loser producers, those stand up guys, milk this for all it's worth.

You know, when I looked at his picture, I thought "well, at least it's not Jake." Maybe he'll have the charisma that his cousin mistakenly attributes to himself.

• Love 1

You know, when I looked at his picture, I thought "well, at least it's not Jake." Maybe he'll have the charisma that his cousin mistakenly attributes to himself.

Heh. At the very least these two new hires will provide the writers on the Previously staff with lots of material.  The Bachelor's cousin and a former Pink-haired American Gladiator? There's some comedy gold in there.

He was the trainer on this show I used to watch called "Diet Tribe". He was an awesome guy, the contestants were all girls (if I'm remembering correctly) and he is a big softie. More like Bob than you'd think. He wasn't douchey like Jake, but I could definitely tell they were related. There aren't a ton of Pavelkas from Texas, I'm assuming. Oh, he went to my alma mater so that's why I even remember him.

• Love 4

I immediately recognized him from Diet Tribe. I loved him on that. (And it was before Jake was on TB, so I think Jake is the copycat of the two.)  I really like him.  I'm excited for the new trainers overall, because I'm burned out on the Bob and Jillian show. 

I was worried when I saw Jessie was going to be on TBL.  His idea of weight loss doesn't jive with TBL's mantra of extreme weight loss.  He worked with the super obese before they made the decision to have surgery early on in his career, and on Diet Tribe he wasn't a "lose 10 pounds a week!" kind of guy.  He did a show in the UK too that takes a year to shoot, so that people do things the healthy way.

So a team full of women and what seems to be his personal philosophy doesn't bode well for his team, but then again maybe the people on his team are the lucky ones.  38 pounds in one week?  Shenanigans.

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 2

Other than him creating a third syllable for the word "athletes" (Ath-e-letes! You guys are ath-e-letes!" *gah*)  I have no complaints about Jessie so far. He isn't stomping all over my nerves so that's a good thing. I think he'll work out well on this show.

• Love 1

From S16 E9: Yes, Coach!:

Boo. Damien is out. I do think the friendship he has with Jesse is real and very nice. Jesse is a decent guy with low drama. Wonder if he will be back next season?

This is my first season, but "low drama" seems to be the exact opposite of what this show is all about. And Jesse seems to be coaching his team for real world weight-loss, rather than TV shock value.

But he's very attractive, and has name recognition. Is that enough to keep him safe?