Type keyword(s) to search

Amber Borzotra: The Athletic Country Girl

I'm confused. She was an esthetician in Tennessee but is now a model in Hollywood?

Besides rarely seeing her speak and seeing her be the object of Caleb's obsession, I wondered about her actual game play. Found this article, makes me wonder if she's ever been a fan of BB. She'd rather be liked and not win.

I feel for anyone that grew up in rough surroundings and made it through ok. I'm also trying to figure out her ethnicity. Big Brother Wiki has her as an African-American houseguest. Has she mentioned it to anyone in the house? Her hair is gorgeous.

Amber was definitely living in LA at the time of the show - I recognized the rock climbing facility as one I frequent in Santa Monica. I figured BB was doing the usual "we're going to pretend that we didn't just scout LA bars for aspiring models by having them state their hometown as their current location" tomfoolery.

• Love 1

I feel for anyone that grew up in rough surroundings and made it through ok. I'm also trying to figure out her ethnicity. Big Brother Wiki has her as an African-American houseguest. Has she mentioned it to anyone in the house? Her hair is gorgeous.

I'm thinking "gorgeous multiracial girl" is a typical Grodneresque plan--in this case to try and head off racism at the pass.  Make people hold their tongues, because the pretty girl might not speak to you (it even kind of works with other girls).

Of course in typical BB fashion, it will completely ignore the larger and more long running problem the show always has--misogyny.

• Love 1

There's something hilarious about the fact that racist Caleb is apparently bunny-boiler obsessed with the bi-racial girl.

Even more funny that apparently she's strictly for chocolate.

My god, though. It's crazy to watch.

There's something hilarious about the fact that racist Caleb is apparently bunny-boiler obsessed with the bi-racial girl.

My god, though. It's crazy to watch.

Does he even KNOW she's biracial, or has he perhaps convinced himself it's "just a good tan"?

Not that the racists always care.  The plantation owner thing has already been mentioned.

This is part of the reason I was wondering. I assumed she was, which is no big deal one way or another. But I wondered if Caleb knows.  She's beautiful.

Oh slam! Did she say that? Caleb is thinking right now how to change his race to become more eligible.

(edited)

No, apparently Devin told Caleb that, in his numerous and failed attempts to try and get him to cool it.

There's this part of me that wishes I could've seen Amber in the previous house, and see how she would've dealt with Aaryn Gries the Racist Bitch. I get the feeling she would have remained chilled and relaxed. (Not a ding against Candace, because really, it'd be hard not to break down against that crap they put her through.) If anything I think Aaryn would have been miffed at the prettiest girl in the house being a [insert any slur for bi-racial people here.]

Edited by methodwriter85

If anything I think Aaryn would have been miffed at the prettiest girl in the house being a [insert any slur for bi-racial people here.

I think that IS why she had such a problem with Candace - the girl was gorgeous. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know. Aaryn strikes me as "one drop" type. She'd probably be the only person under 40 to refer to bi-racial people as mulatto.

In any event, Amber's plight  makes me, as a gay man, just feel angry all over again for the type of crap women seem to have to deal with all the time- that if some guy decides he's in love with you, you're not allowed to flat out reject him, because that'd make you a bitch. It's not like she can distance herself from Caleb, either.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, but Caleb and Devin - more Devin than Caleb, even - are succeeding at getting in her head, and that royally ticks me off. My personal impression is that Devin sees this as a golden opportunity to destabilize the games of two other players at one shot, and he's hell-bent on exploiting the situation to the fullest. And I hate that it's working.

Edited by Nashville
(edited)

I don't think she's that good looking. Very Usher like nose. Maybe compared to some of the bowsers in this season, Is that what you mean?

Candace, Janelle, Brittney (yup), and Dani Donato (again yup) blow her away.

Edited by Petunia13
(edited)

I think Amber is very striking in a modelesque way. She also has a way of looking completely different day to day, scene to scene. Sometimes she looks absolutely stunning. Other times, not so much.

I do think she is a real sweetheart and one of my favorite houseguests this season, along with Zach and Jacosta.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 1

I don't think she's that good looking. Very Usher like nose. Maybe compared to some of the bowsers in this season, Is that what you mean?

Candace, Janelle, Brittney (yup), and Dani Donato (again yup) blow her away.

I was just mentioning this to someone else.  And I didn't mean it in a bitchy way, just in a way where I think that she has all the ingredients that make people think "gorgeous" - she is light skinned, has green eyes, is skinny and has long hair.  But I think there is something off in her face.  So I'm glad its not just me.  I also though Candace was just gorgeous, which I thought was a lot of the reason Aaryn couldn't stand her.  Most of Aaryn's crew was markedly less attractive than her.  

• Love 1