Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Harrington Commode

• Start Topic

Ryan Murphy is really good at throwing a lot of themes into a single show. Some stick some dont. I just finished the 2nd episode and we have already dealt multiple times with suicide, deception, probable Munchausen by proxy and the the menendez brothers

Was that Martina Navratilova on the horse.  Poor Martina Navratilova, i'd jump out a window too if Gwyneth Paltrow dumped me.

I wasn't really expecting much.  I hate politics.  But then again I really loved AHS Cult so I should have know that Ryan Murphy had something else involved other then a straight up political commentary.  

I am really liking this.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, sashayshante said:

It's Election but with a dude.

Payton is Tracy Flick 2.0 and Tracy Flick was already at a 10. Payton has been turned up to 11.

21 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Poor Martina Navratilova, i'd jump out a window too if Gwyneth Paltrow dumped me.

Gyntheth Paltrow does not dump people. She "consciously uncouples."

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

This show, if anything, is a really good critical commentary on our current society. We see too much, hear too much and have to form opinions way too quickly.

I didn't care so much about the family stuff. Those brothers are way too stupid to be real. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Aliferously said:

I didn't care so much about the family stuff. Those brothers are way too stupid to be real. 

I wish they hadn't decided they needed to put a button on the Menendez Bros parallel by mentioning.  The general tenor (and the wardrobe) was enough.

Are we supposed to like Payton?  I can't decide what I think, and I don't think the show can either.

• Love 3

Yeah, it‘s way over the top. I prefer realistic portrayals. They teach me more than those allegorical over the top theatre performances. Too many references, no heart. So much like early Glee. As it‘s funny and good to watch on the side, I‘ll give it a third episode.

• Love 1

I didn't even specifically know this was a Ryan Murphy show until I had watched the first episode and had a good guess (I have stuff on in the background and miss the credits sometimes). 

I'm truly enjoying how they've worked Gypsy Rose Blanchard and the Menendez brothers into this, plus a lot of other references I haven't spotted yet. 

I'm iffy on Ryan Murphy, sometimes things go too far but if he and Brad keep a ceiling on the shock and the camp, I'm here for it.

Edit, omg it's the Winklevoss twins, not Menendez

nicely done

Edited by hokeypokeyFOIA
  • Love 1