Type keyword(s) to search

United Kingdom S01.E01: Edgar

Cranberry
  • Start Topic

For quite a while there I was afraid all we were going to hear from the wonderful actor Tennant was No Comment, but then it kicked in. I "think" I enjoyed the British episodes of this series, I am not really sure, but it certainly was interesting and had terrific acting. 

• Love 1

This was my favorite of the three UK episodes. I vacillated between thinking he was guilty as sin and believing the things he was saying about the coach. Right up until we knew the truth, I would have been satisfied with either outcome. That's a tough line for an actor to walk -- alternately looking like a liar who was used to getting his own way and like a grieving father who was angry at himself for letting this horrible thing happen -- but Tennant did a great job.

• Love 4
On 9/22/2019 at 4:12 PM, Cranberry said:

This was my favorite of the three UK episodes. I vacillated between thinking he was guilty as sin and believing the things he was saying about the coach. Right up until we knew the truth, I would have been satisfied with either outcome. That's a tough line for an actor to walk -- alternately looking like a liar who was used to getting his own way and like a grieving father who was angry at himself for letting this horrible thing happen -- but Tennant did a great job.

I was willing to believe either one too. Tennant was fantastic. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1

I think this and the second episode of the UK series were the best and yes, it was mainly down to David-damnmycrushisback-Tennant. Although you know the writers were like we need a British actor that can play a Doctor-score!

I have just watched the Germany series and IMHO it's better than UK simply because the investigators are a bit more well-acted-likable. Plus the actor who played Bruno in Babylon Berlin was in the first episode and I love him. The ending shot of the third show literally had me shouting out that they can't end it like this! I watched one episode of the Spain series and like most of their shows-it wasn't that good. Also because they had the common cliche of the female superior officer sleeping with her hot young subordinate. Never change Spain.

The show isn't bad-it's not realistic but it isn't bad.

1 hour ago, Tardislass said:

I think this and the second episode of the UK series were the best and yes, it was mainly down to David-damnmycrushisback-Tennant. Although you know the writers were like we need a British actor that can play a Doctor-score!

It was a bit surreal when one of the officers called him "Doctor". I said, no, not quite. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2019 at 7:43 PM, mledawn said:

I started this series simply because I saw David Tennant in the preview. These bottle-type episodes really show the strength of the actors, and DT has it in spades. 

I tried it out this morning and was pleasantly surprised. I thought, despite the amazing Tennant who was the person I watched it for of course, that an interrogation would be boring after awhile. But it was never boring, not even with "no comment" being Tennant's chief dialogue for most of the episode.  Since I exercise while watching tv, keeping engaged is the main thing. And I barely noticed time passing.