Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Pretty sure it's gonna be supernatural. If Misha Collins tweeted about it they have it in the bag lol

Misha tweets about all kinds of things that never happen. He tweeted to vote for him and Jared in the TCAs but they didn't win. The tweet for EW was on Jul 28 and voting hadn't closed yet as far I  know.

That said,  a little while back, J2M did a photo shoot for Rogue Magazine (which Oh my gods the outakes are incredible as in breathtaking and I can't wait for those photos). Annnnny hooodles, at that time people were asking Gomez about new promo photos for the boys. She said they had a shoot coming up in Aug Maybe that is for the EW cover and this was all just a big farce to drive page clicks and subscription sales.  Or they are unrelated. I dunno.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

J2M?

@wonderwall, do you mean the fact that he tweeted indicates that he knows they're going to win or that the tweet bolstered the fans to vote?

I mean I feel like any actor who tweets out a thing promoting a poll is a good thing right? Stephen tweeted about the SOTY thing and during the next few hours the rate of increase for that was much higher than usual. 

Misha Collins tweeted about the EW magazine cover and that had around 14k likes, which is a lot, imo. 

Not to mention Supernatural just has a huge and passionate that are known for winning polls. So, really, if I were a betting woman, I'd bet on them even though I voted for Arrow heh

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Suzanne Gomez sucks. At least when it comes to Arrow. But SPN and Flash are her favs.

SPN is her fave? That's news to me. If promotion is anything to go by, SPN is further down than Arrow or at least equal with it in lack of promotion. If the fix is in for SPN I'll be shocked and if it is then that of course pings my brain to wonder why. Could this be their final season? Who knows

4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Maybe the cW doesnt give much promo to SPN, but Gomez always makes sure she pushes what they get.

Huh. I rarely see tweets from her about SPN unless she gets asked. But I don't follow her all that closely either. 

Diggle is nominated for Favorite Zombie Attack Hero, EK is nominated for New Cast Addition, and Damien Darhk is nominated for Favorite Baddie - voting ends August 5th...

2016 TwoCentsTV Awards – Third Wave Of Voting
by TwoCentsStaff - July 27, 2016
http://twocentstv.com/2016-twocentstv-awards-third-wave-of-voting/

Arrow/Flash are nominated for Favorite Crossover Episodes - voting ends August 5th...

2016 TwoCentsTV Awards – Fourth Wave Of Voting
by TwoCentsStaff - July 28, 2016
http://twocentstv.com/2016-twocentstv-awards-fourth-wave-of-voting/

Olicity made AvasFlowers' list of 50 Most Popular Ships in Fandom Culture...

Infographic - 50 of the Most Popular 'Ships' in Fandom Culture
Ava Rose  August 1, 2016
http://www.avasflowers.net/infographic-top-fifty-fandom-ships

Since the dawn of the Internet, people have carved out active niches where they can express theories, create and share dedicated derivative material, and revel in their shared passion for a particular show, film, work of literature, universe, video game, individual, or hobby. In time, these avid groups of people have become known as fandoms. There is truly a fandom for everything. Just search your favorite TV show online and you are sure to discover a wealth of fan-generated material of all sorts. Often, this contagious intensity is directed towards the (fictional or otherwise) characters that exist in each universe. The direct and indirect connections between these characters is where “shipping” blossoms. To ship is to desire a relationship (romantic or platonic) between characters. Sometimes these ships are true to the source material as is the case of Mulder and Scully from X-Files, but often these ships are not explicitly written into the source. Nonetheless, fans devote enthusiasm and creativity into bringing their ships to life in different ways. Fan art, fan fiction, podcasts, videos, blogs, forums – shipping thrives through these mediums....
tumblr_inline_obcdntdnAH1rkf4dx_250.jpg

"Ships" on this list have been chosen through data provided by fandom websites such as Tumblr, Fanfiction.net, Archive of Our Own, DeviantArt, and Wattpad.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Remember the 2016 Fan Favorites TV Awards polls that were held by sister sites, Design & Trend and Fashion & Style? Well, they just announced the winners yesterday and Arrow cleaned up...

2016 Fan Favorite TV Awards Winners List
Michael Wilkinson Aug, 18, 2016, 02:47 PM
http://www.designntrend.com/articles/82538/20160818/2016-fan-favorite-tv-awards-winners-list.htm

Favorite Drama Series:  "Arrow"
Favorite Actress in a Drama:  Emily Bett Rickards - "Arrow"

Favorite Actor in a Drama:  Ian Somerhalder - "The Vampire Diaries"
Favorite Couple:  Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak - "Arrow"
Favorite Kiss:  Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak - "Arrow"

Favorite Villain:  Ramsay Bolton - "Game Of Thrones"
Favorite Superhero:  Arrow
Favorite Reality Show:  "The Real Housewives of Atlanta"
Favorite Reality TV Shady Moment:  Kenya Moore spreads rumors about Kim Field's husband.
Favorite K. Drama TV Show:  "Descendants of the Sun"

• Love 3

It is K-drama. 

I actually find it fascinating how TV works in different parts of the world...

• K-Dramas generally have around 20 episode series that are approx 1 hour in length
  • Hindi TV shows have thousands of 23 minute episodes that air every day except Sundays
  • The UK/BBC usually have 8-13 episode seasons that run for 60 minutes
  • And we all know about shows in the US...
  • Love 2

Remember the 2016 TwoCentsTV Awards polls?  There were 5 waves of nominees, and the winners for each wave are being posted this week.  Arrow only had nominees in the 3rd and 4th waves, so here are our wins/loss...

-- Diggle (Arrow) won "Favorite Zombie Attack Hero”
-- Echo Kellum (Arrow) won “Favorite New Cast Addition”
-- Arrow/Flash (CW) won “Favorite Crossover”
-- Damien Darhk (Arrow) lost to Black Jack Randall (Outlander) as "Favorite Baddie"

2016 TwoCentsTV Awards – Third & Fourth Wave Winners!
by TwoCentsStaff - August 24, 2016
http://twocentstv.com/2016-twocentstv-awards-third-fourth-wave-winners/

The Winner of “Favorite New Cast Addition” is: Echo Kellum (Arrow)
Season four of Arrow saw a new addition to the cast in the form of Echo Kellum’s Curtis Holt, a new face at Palmer Tech. With his comedic background it was no surprise that he would bring the funny and it was great to see that dynamic play out as a kind of counterbalance to the drama throughout the season. From his dynamic with Emily Bett Rickards’ Felicity to how he’s played meeting the Green Arrow and the team, it makes us glad he’s been promoted to series regular! Can’t wait to see his Mr. Terrific down the line!
The Winner of “Favorite Zombie Attack Hero” is: John Diggle (Arrow)
Everyone needs someone that could help them survive the (hypothetical) zombie apocalypse and Arrow‘s John Diggle is the perfect candidate for that role. Over four seasons, fans have seen him become many things for the team: the muscle, the motivational speaker, and at times devil’s advocate. All things that would make Digg the ideal Zombie Attack Hero!
The Winner of “Favorite Crossover” is: Arrow / The Flash(CW)
The fans have voted and decided that their favorite crossover was this year’s Flarrow crossover! While introducing the Legends of Tomorrow big bad and members of the Legends (the Hawks), there were plenty of funny one-liners, massive team up fight scenes, and some…interesting developments.

Edited by tv echo
3 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Necrophilia is a bit too much for 8pm on the CW, no?

You're forgetting Black Siren is gonna be redeemed. Tsk tsk! 

;P

9 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

50/50, really?  I find that hard to believe.

I deleted it earlier but in my original comment I thought something fishy was going on because I voted and refreshed the page and the votes bounced up by A LOT on one side in just a matter of seconds. So yeah...I find it hard to believe too. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest

I don't usually give "it was hacked!" theories much merit, but Voice of TV polls have been the only ones on any site or platform that LL/KC have ever won. (Plus one poll on CBR.) So I'm going to guess someone figured out how to mess with the script there.

8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't usually give "it was hacked!" theories much merit, but Voice of TV polls have been the only ones on any site or platform that LL/KC have ever won. (Plus one poll on CBR.) So I'm going to guess someone figured out how to mess with the script there.

It's gone now but there was a comment on the page earlier that said you could delete your internet history and vote again. So...yeah. That's why it's total clickbait.

4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

It's gone now but there was a comment on the page earlier that said you could delete your internet history and vote again. So...yeah. That's why it's total clickbait.

Apparently someone posted about the poll at r/arrow and encouraged them to anti-vote Felicity. So it's not even actually about supporting LL.

Felicity is #2 on this list (Daryl Dixon of TWD is #1)...

15 Beloved TV Characters Who Were Never Meant To Be The Star
By Laura Leigh Menard    08.15.2016
http://screenrant.com/best-beloved-tv-characters-became-the-star/14/

2. FELICITY SMOAK – ARROW
.  .  .
Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) was only supposed to appear in one episode during the first season of Arrow, but Rickards and Stephen Amell, who plays the lead, Oliver Queen, displayed such great chemistry that the character was expanded. To the delight of many fans, she became a series regular in season 2.

She’s an intelligent, socially awkward nerd who has a habit of babbling without censoring herself, which usually results in sexual innuendos and other comedic moments. Is there really any reason to dislike Felicity? That depends on whether you’re a pro or anti-Olicity fan. The Felicity/Oliver relationship (Olicity) is a hotly contested issue amongst supporters of the show. Pro-Olicity fans love the two characters together, obviously. The Anti-Olicity camp argues Oliver should’ve been with Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) as the comic intended, and that his relationship with Felicity has become too much of a focal point and ruined the show. Regardless of which camp a fan sits in, there’s no denying Felicity’s presence draws a lot of attention.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Colton Haynes to receive HRC Visibility Award at tonight’s HRC Seattle Gala
Posted by Steve Lee   August 27th, 2016
http://lgbtweekly.com/2016/08/27/colton-haynes-to-receive-hrc-visibility-award-at-tonights-hrc-seattle-gala/

Friday, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) announced that Colton Haynes will be honored with the HRC Visibility Award at the 17th Annual HRC Seattle Gala and Auction. The event which is set to take place tonight at the Seattle Sheraton, raises crucial funds in the fight for full LGBTQ equality.

“Colton Haynes has inspired countless LGBTQ young people across the country and around the world to live their lives as their authentic selves,” said HRC President Chad Griffin. “By simply being open about who he is, Haynes is helping to break down barriers and tear down closet doors. We are pleased he will be joining us at the 17th Annual HRC Seattle Gala, and we are proud to honor him with the HRC Visibility Award.”
Haynes also recently participated in a video released by HRC paying tribute to the 49 victims of the Orlando shooting at Pulse nightclub. The 18-minute tribute — directed by Emmy Award-winning Ryan Murphy and Ned Martel, with the support of their colleagues at Ryan Murphy Television — features a diverse cast of 49 actors, directors and other entertainment leaders recounting individual stories of the people killed in our nation’s deadliest mass shooting.

The 17th Annual HRC Seattle Gala and Auction – “Equality Forward: Equality for All” – will be held at 6:00 PM Saturday, Aug. 27at the Seattle Sheraton. The yearly event raises crucial funds in the fight for full LGBTQ equality and is an exciting opportunity for local supporters to come together for an inspirational evening. To purchase tickets or receive more information about the event, please visit http://www.hrcseattle.org.

Edited by tv echo

CH's speech is really emotional and touching (introductory video montage of CH includes scenes from Teen Wolf and Arrow, plus comments from other actors like SA)...

Colton Haynes Holds Back Tears During Inspirational HRC Speech: 'Tonight I Can Be Myself'
by Lynda Brendish 8:50 PM PDT, August 29, 2016
http://www.etonline.com/news/196798_colton_haynes_breaks_down_during_inspirational_hrc_speech/ 

ETA: Substituted new youtube link provided by CH.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

This new GATV poll includes pretty much every possible pairing on Arrow - I voted for Oliver & Felicity...    

2016 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Best Pairing Of Arrow Season 4!
September 2, 2016
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/2016-greenarrowtv-awards-pick-the-best-pairing-of-arrow-season-4/

The current category now is Best Pairing for Arrow Season 4. “Pairing” in this case is not necessarily a romantic pairing though it could be. Obviously, in some cases, where it is brother/sister, father/son, sisters, or mother/daughter it is not intended to be that way; it could just be two people you really like seeing on screen together. We are allowing write-ins on this category if you feel we missed something; however, silly or irrelevant answers will not be accepted, so only write in if you absolutely have to.

Voting in this final category will last for a few days. If you’re really in a voting mood, the KryptonSite Awards for Supergirl are happening this year too! You can also still vote in past GATV Awards categories if you haven’t already.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

This is a weird list (3 days left to vote) - I can't tell if they're setting Felicity up to fail or if they're acknowledging her popularity by including her (considering the source and its likely followers, I'm leaning towards the former)...

Edited by tv echo
7 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oh yeah, this is not going to get messy AF

Ugh.  Not only is a stupid poll, but I've only recently started using twitter on the semi-regular and realized how biased such poll set ups are.  You really only see something if your friend retweets (or occasionally a reply will be suggested), so obviously the "retweet" option will get more eyeballs (probably of similar persuasion).  Lame.

This person was kind enough to screencap some of the results in the GA/TV awards, so I don't have to go give them the benefit of a page hit. I'm also seeing people tweet that Felicity won the "least favorite character" category with something like 70% of the vote. 

Edited by lemotomato