Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

I think the big gap is a reason why they cut off the contest early. The difference in votes pretty much stayed static for a couple days, and while it's not mathematically impossible for second place to catch up, it would require a lot of sketchy tactics. Even after cleanup, there should still be a significant difference. If MTV threw out more than 1.4 million votes, they'd basically be admitting that no one should bother to try that that hard in their future contests.

• Love 1
(edited)

From what I'm reading, fans believe that Olicity won MTV Ship of the Year again this year, and SA's facebook video yesterday and his above tweet both indicate that he will be doing something with MTV today - but I'm still waiting for official confirmation from MTV.  Here's hoping! 

Edited by tv echo

They were in the lead by more than a million votes (ranging between 1.3 and 1.4 million all day yesterday), so unless something of mammoth proportions happened, they won.

• Love 1

Call me cynical I guess but I have to wonder if the EW cover vote is legitimate. There are no numbers of any kind and it looks like it is setup so the final round could easily be Flash vs Supergirl. I hope I'm proven wrong.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Call me cynical I guess but I have to wonder if the EW cover vote is legitimate. There are no numbers of any kind and it looks like it is setup so the final round could easily be Flash vs Supergirl. I hope I'm proven wrong.

And then they will just decide to have 3 special covers - SG, Flash and a SG&F combo cover.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

The Walking Dead has a bigger fandom then Supergirl or Flash.  SPN has a more dedicated fandom then any of them, IMO.  Given the shows that made it to Round 4? I'm thinking SPN comes out on top.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
(edited)

Arrow most likely won Ship of the Year at the MTV Fandom Awards

I'm sorry my fellow Arrowians, Arrowheads? I'm voting Arrow until it's against SPN. But I really do hope it comes down to the two shows that get no help at all from CW PR.

I've been voting for Arrow until now. If it makes it to the next round and is up against TWD I might switch.  TWD pissed me off last year and I might not even watch this season. However, I don't care about SA and don't want to see Oliver/GA/SA solo cover. 

PS - SPN will always be first choice 

Edited by Morrigan2575

My commiserations to reddit, as Olicity just won SOTY and SA collected the award. So sad for them. :P

(edited)

Here is MTV's news article on Olicity's SOTY win (article also mentions Arrow's Oct. 5 return date)...

OLICITY JUST WON SHIP OF THE YEAR...AGAIN!
KRISTIN MAGALDI  July 24, 2016
http://www.mtv.com/news/2908736/olicity-wins-ship-of-the-year-mtv-fandom-awards/

There’s nothing like a good ship to remind us of the power of love, even if we’re crying alone into a pint of Ben and Jerry’s. Case-in-point: Arrow’s Olicity. Oliver and Felicity may have danced around their intense feelings for one another for almost three years before making things official, but when it happened, our worlds seemed to stop. So much so, that we couldn’t help but bask in the glory of their romance and lay down the MTV Fandom Award’s Ship of the Year title at their feet. Twice.
That’s right, Olicity just won Ship of the Year for the second year in a row. Thursday night at San Diego’s Petco Park, actor Stephen Amell took to the stage to accept Fandom's sexiest award for the on-screen pair. True, the couple left things rocky at the end of season 4, compelling us to shut out the world and channel our angsty feelings on Tumblr, but that doesn’t mean it’s over. It can’t be over, right? No, it’s totally not over.
As for Oliver and Felicity, they may be in romantic purgatory, but we’re still excited to see what their next chapter is. We’re rooting for you, Olicity. You are now, and forever will be, end goals.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I would love that. But I'm guessing they'd want Stephen in the Arrow suit on the cover. I haven't really seen anybody on an EW cover in "normal" attire. Plus, Stephen was in a damn shirt and backwards baseball cap.

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Arrow took out The Flash?

tumblr_lwn7sfqKi51r5fs53o1_500.gif

LOL! Not really surprised by Arrow's win. The Arrow fandom (a good chunk of it being the Olicity fandom) is very active in polls, etc. while I haven't seen that kind of engagement/participation from The Flash (what's their fandom called? Flashers? Uhmmm, sorry).

• Love 7

11 years of TV is quite an accomplishment by any TV standards. But considering the genre of SPN and it not being a cop/hospital procedural and still lasting that long and maintaining its fans & ratings. Plus its reign has spanned over 2 or was it 3 different network? Has SPN ever received a cover? I might have to vote for them. That show deserves some props.

I'm not saying Arrow doesn't. And I did vote for them against the Flash. And am beyond joyed, that we beat them. Somehow, I'm feeling torn between wanting to vote for Arrow because of our connection. While at the same time I want to recognize SPN's accomplishments. I don't like voting for stuff just because I like it, I know I'm an anomaly when it comes to voting in this online polls. I'm a very competitive person and I love to win, but I want the win to reflect who deserves it the most. And in this moment, my conscience and that is telling me to choose SPN. Maybe I'll just sleep on it.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Final round of EW cover battle

Arrow, BBT, SPN and Gilmore Girls

http://www.ew.com/special/fall-tv-cover-battle

Yay!  I admit that I was surprised too, but happy that Arrow took down Flash.  Now I'm voting for Arrow - hey, Supernatural got a TV Guide Comic Con Special cover this year and Arrow didn't, so I would love for Arrow to get the EW cover (maybe that'd get Arrow a little more respect with The CW/WB).  But even if it doesn't, it's still an amazing accomplishment for two CW shows to make it to the final round (out of 64 shows)...

Since launching July 6, more than 2.5 million votes have been cast in our interactive bracket game, which kicked off with a whopping 64 shows. Thanks to the support and campaigning of the nominated shows and its stars, as well as fans helping to spread the word on social media using the hashtag #EWCoverBattle, the list that began with a variety of fan favorites and newcomers has since been whittled down to a fierce final four.

In alphabetical order:
Arrow • The Big Bang Theory • Gilmore Girls • Supernatural 

You’ll have from now until Aug. 1 at 12 p.m. ET to make your voices heard in the final round of our competition taking place in the poll below. The winner will grace the subscribers’ cover of our Fall TV Preview double issue, mailed out on Sept. 8.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

There are traitors amongst us

Looks at @Morrigan2575 and @catrox14

lol

Hey I made my position and allegiance to SPN clear here early on!

I wanted it to be showdown between SPN and Arrow. I am REALLY side-eying the change in the voting format. They took away the bracket and made it a free for all for the final four. One of my compatriots on the SPN forum noted that SPN beat all of it's opponents with 70 to 80% of the votes.  And the others were much closer in percentages. Her spec is that this might be a way to push votes towards Gilmore Girls which as been a fan fave and darling of EW. II thought it was an interesting observation with some merit. And making it a free for all keeps all 4 fandoms clicking away.

But yeah, sorry my Arrow friends, my votes are all going for SPN who has never beenon the cover of EW Fall Preview.  Please don't hate me. You know I love Arrow.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6

Well this free for all makes it better to vote for me. Now I can give votes to Arrow & SPN. I despise Big Bang with every fiber in my being so I definitely don't want it to win. And Gilmore Girls will probably get a cover anyway when it does whatever it does on Netflix.

Another of my SPN compatriots pointed out this cover battle is only for the subscriber edition which I didn't realize before. I guess I didn't read the details closely enough LOL. So it seems to me that there will be two covers and makes me think the  non-subscriber/newsstand edition has already been decided and this is solely to get folks to subscribe. I still would have voted but I wish I had realized sooner that to have the edition, I'd have to subscribe. Sigh...

17 minutes ago, JenMD said:

@catrox14, I'm a subscriber.  I'd be happy to send you my copy should SPN make it on the cover.

Awwww. That's so nice! I'm sure the cover photo will be all over tumblr in lightspeed! LOL But thank you. I will keep that in mind! 

• Love 1

FYI: Arrow did not win anything at the 2016 Teen Choice Awards show, which aired last night (as posted in the Mind Your Surroundings thread, GG won Choice TV Actor: Sci-Fi/Fantasy)... 

-- Arrow and Flash had both been nominated for Choice TV Show: Sci-Fi/Fantasy, but lost to Once Upon a Time

-- EBR had been nominated for Choice TV Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy, but lost to Lana Parilla (OUaT).

-- EBR & SA had been nominated for Choice TV: Liplock, but lost to Jennifer Morrison & Colin O'Donoghue (OUaT).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/teen-choice-awards-2016-winners-916007/item/tca-action-actor-915623

Edited by tv echo

Huh - voting for EW's Fall TV Cover Battle closed early!  The site originally said that voting would end on Aug. 1st...
http://www.ew.com/special/fall-tv-cover-battle

UPDATE: The final round of EW’s Fall TV cover battle is now closed. Thank you to everyone who voted and helped spread the word. To find out if your show wins and to receive the exclusive cover, be sure to subscribe to Entertainment Weekly. The winner will grace the subscribers’ cover of our Fall TV Preview double issue, mailed out on Sept. 8.

Edited by tv echo