Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Episode 6

The sadness for Marie just never seems to end, I am counting the seconds until she is vindicated. 

Elias the intern gets a gold star! Oh man, Grace yelling at Karen about Jesus was so awkward, everyone in the room seemed suddenly very interested in what the table looked like.

Even if that cop who Grace was following in the bar isnt the serial rapist, he is still sketchy AF and a major league creep. 

• Love 5

I am curious to see how they explain that there are two brothers living at the same place and they weren't really aware that there were two of them. And how did they end up following the wrong guy when the one in the house was the owner of the Mazda and the guy they were looking for. It is obviously important since their DNA samples are only good enough to get a family match.

I did like the payoff with the intern and the suspicious vehicle thing. I especially liked how even though he used technology it wasn't just filling out a couple of text fields, hitting a few keys and having a computer spit out an answer instantly. It took a long time with multiple scenes, over days, of the guy working on that lead.

• Love 4

Glad I'm not the only one overthinking the pronunciation of Mazda. I put it down to differences between Australian and American pronunciation but I guess the show really is saying it bizarrely.

I totally want Foster Mom #1 to fall into a deep mud puddle.  She is so passive/aggressive with Marie.  I think Marie sees that but feels even more helpless without her.  Foster Mom #2 really cares for Marie, I wish she would/could do more to help her.  

I was sure the PO in the bar was "the guy" - his eyes matched the drawing anyway, more so than the suspect at the house.

As for the pronunciation of Mazda, I always say mozda - the "oz" like the Wizard of Oz.

• Love 4
On 9/20/2019 at 12:11 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Is it correct to pronounce it as MAWZ-da?  (Like Lamaze class, or gauze.)

I always thought it was pronounced as "MAHZ-da".  (Like "Ahhh" in the way you say Bat or Dad.)

Living in the NY area, and having owned one once upon a time, I always thought it was pronounced the same way you do.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Living in the NY area, and having owned one once upon a time, I always thought it was pronounced the same way you do.

Hmm thanks!  I'm from Toronto.  I'm going to ask my family.  They have 2 of them!  I'm sure we've always said it like Maaaaahhhhhhzda  (like Jazz.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I was surprised that Grace's husband gave in and got that file for her.

Poor Marie. Even though her lawyer got a pretty good deal for her, her world is still falling apart. My friend knew someone like Marie's coworker. He would be a complete dick and wait for someone to get upset and then say, "What are you so mad about? I was just kidding!" Ugh.

Re: Mazda - I always pronounced it the way I heard it in commercials (with an oz sound):