Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: I Killed Everyone He Did, But Backwards and in High Heels

• Start Topic

Beth Ann comes up with a scheme to keep Rob away from April but ends up growing closer to her husband's mistress in the process. Simone and Karl try to keep up appearances at a gala but cooler heads do not prevail when Tommy gets jealous. Taylor and Eli run into Jade's former lovers, forcing Taylor to confront the true nature of her feelings.

Coming to CBS All Access on Thursday, August 29, 2019

I like how conniving Beth Ann is becoming! She's come so far since she was in denial about Rob cheating on her. Rob's inability to wait for his wife to play one song on the piano before asking her to get an olive made my want to slap him.

I'm also glad that Taylor came clean to Eli about her feelings for Jade.  

• Love 3

And the theme of today’s episode:  threesomes.

Loved watching Beth Ann manipulate The situation so Rob couldn’t go on a public date with April and ended up going out with April herself.  “Show some respect, kids.  You are in the presence of greatness.”   Loved getting more details into who April is and what a jerk Rob actually is.  If Beth Ann doesn’t shoot him in the face or stuff an olive down his throat I will be disappointed.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7

I love Tommy's protectiveness over Simone.  Leo Howard is adorable.

But I'm extremely sad that Lucy and Alicia Coppola (Beth Ann's friend Sheila) will never have scenes together.  I've been a huge fan of Alicia's since her soap opera days back in the early 90's.

• Love 1

Alicia Coppola is one of those guest actress on your favorite show that when she has a good roll it does make you smilr.  I am glad she has a bigger part in this.   Beth Ann’s friend Shiela is one of the better supporting characters on the show.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

I love Tommy's protectiveness over Simone

Really? I thought Tommy was being even more controlling than Simone's hubby. Simone has a type. 

On August 29, 2019 at 7:50 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Loved watching Beth Ann manipulate The situation so Rob couldn’t go on a public date with April and ended up going out with April herself.  “Show some respect, kids.  You are in the presence of greatness.”   Loved getting more details into who April is and what a jerk Rob actually is.  If Beth Ann doesn’t shoot him in the face or stuff an olive down his throat I will be disappointed.

Yes. Well executed, Beth Ann! Unlike other fictional manipulators, Beth Ann did not fall prey to her own ego. Beth Ann is not a sociopath. She only manipulated as a means to an end rather than to make herself feel important.

Was that really Ginnifer Goodwin playing the piano?

Alicia Coppola really is wonderful in this role.

❤️Love❤️ the wardrobe on the show. It must make the end of Elementary a bit easier for Lucy Liu.

ETA my current predictions on Who Will Murder Whom:

• 1960s:  The hubby deserves to die, but life is not fair, and the mistress seems set up to die tragically because none of her hopes and dreams have any chance of panning out.
  • 1980s:  After this week's episode, I'm imagining the teen lover clumsily attempting to kill the hubby, and then Simone having to kill her teen lover to save her husband's life.
  • 2020ish:. All characters in the present day thruple are crazy enough to kill, but it could wind up being a burglar.
Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

When you find out you're pretty much the sidepiece's sidepiece.

I like Beth Ann's moxie. It's great seeing her become more and more confident.

Loved Simone's outfit she wore to the benefit; I would wear that now. But Karl was a bit wrong about the waiter uniforms. That wasn't a flamenco costume it was a rumba costume. As in largely Cuban vs. Spanish.

Again, I'm feeling like Eli needs to rid himself of Taylor. She's a duplicitous POS in my opinion. He's still the odd man out because both women are using him.

Rob needs killin'. And after that his corpse needs more killin'.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Again, I'm feeling like Eli needs to rid himself of Taylor. She's a duplicitous POS in my opinion. He's still the odd man out because both women are using him.

Rob needs killin'. And after that his corpse needs more killin'.

I think Taylor finally explaining herself to Eli about how Her relationship with Jude is easy and she needs something easy was the first time I actually kinda “liked” Taylor.  She wasn’t wrong.  Eli does nothing to help out and Taylor can’t bring any of it up or she comes off like a bitch. 

That being said,  she is being really selfish.   Eli has every right to leave and I wouldn’t blame him.   I would love to see Taylor’s relationship with Jade suddenly get harder now that it has become more then just a hookup.  

And as for Rob he is the perfect stereotype of the 60s man.  He wants a wife at home to mother him but still wants to act like he is single and sleep around.  It wouldn’t be so bad considering the era, and the fact that April has no intention of keeping him, if he treated Beth Ann with any sort of respect.    This is my favorite storyline because we are watching a woman becoming a real person. 

• Love 3
On 8/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, CRT said:

Rob's inability to wait for his wife to play one song on the piano before asking her to get an olive made my want to slap him.

This is all on purpose by Rob, isn't it?  To make sure that his wife never forgets for a second where her place is.  He hated her being happy playing the piano and not doing something for him.  He didn't even look for the olives.

As for Eli and Taylor - why don't they BOTH leave each other?  Why does it have to be Eli leaving Taylor? What do each of them see in each other?  They obviously want to stay together, or I would really hope they wouldn't.  Would Eli even have a roof over his head if not for Taylor?

Eli and Taylor pretending this relationship with Jade will never end is just stupid.  

Anyways, to reiterate what I've said earlier, I really like the show.  I love Lucy, Alicia, and the Tommy character.  I agree that this is the first time Taylor seemed SOMEWHAT likeable because she showed some vulnerability.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

As for Eli and Taylor - why don't they BOTH leave each other?  Why does it have to be Eli leaving Taylor? What do each of them see in each other?  They obviously want to stay together, or I would really hope they wouldn't.  Would Eli even have a roof over his head if not for Taylor?

Valid points. I think though that Eli seems to have the most emotionally invested in the relationship and he's the one who most needs to find the strength to leave IMO. His feeling stuck in that situation is probably why he's unable to write. Jade is just another temporary distraction for him. At the very least perhaps Eli and Taylor should separate for while and get rid of that house neither of them really seems to want anymore.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think Taylor is in a similar situation as Rob is.  She likes having Eli at home waiting for her but she still wants to fool around.   If Jade had remained a simple hookup it would have remained in the bounds of their agreement but Taylor is in fact trying to have it both ways by having both her lovers in the same house.  And now that she does she has no reason to leave.   Unless something changes of course.....

• Love 4

If there is a season two, will any of the husbands be gone? I'm watching the scene at the end, with Beth Ann playing the piano, and I felt like she would kill him, and maybe join the mistress playing music somehow. Rob is the worst.

"She isn't a taker. She only gives!"

What??? This girl who has moved into their house, apparently rent-free. Is she spending any of her own money on food? Then she almost got a free ticket to Venice. All I see is her taking, and trying to set one or both of them up in some way. The way she rolled her eyes at Taylor - ugh. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Anela said:

If there is a season two, will any of the husbands be gone? I'm watching the scene at the end, with Beth Ann playing the piano, and I felt like she would kill him, and maybe join the mistress playing music somehow. Rob is the worst.

Season 2 has been green-lighted; none of the characters are expected back, but as many of the actors as possible will be: https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94851-why-women-kill-in-the-media

4 hours ago, Anela said:

What??? This girl who has moved into their house, apparently rent-free. Is she spending any of her own money on food? Then she almost got a free ticket to Venice. All I see is her taking, and trying to set one or both of them up in some way. The way she rolled her eyes at Taylor - ugh. 

Heh, I recall when I was a single mom working and going to school, when I came home I'd think: What I need is a 1950s-type wife to clean the house, be there when the kids get home from school, and have dinner ready. For Taylor, Jade was that (unlike my ex, who, like Eli, ran around and never cooked or cleaned). Of course, it turned out Jade had an agenda beyond cooking and cleaning and being a lover.

• Love 1

At one point Jade was actually cooking for both Taylor and Eli which neither of them did.   They were that Millennial couple who was friendlier with the Grubhub driver then their own oven.   Having Jade around who liked to cook and clean must have seemed like a godsend.

• Love 2
On 8/31/2019 at 8:32 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is all on purpose by Rob, isn't it?  To make sure that his wife never forgets for a second where her place is.  He hated her being happy playing the piano and not doing something for him.  He didn't even look for the olives.

100%. The minute Beth-Ann told April about how she loved the piano but Rob told her she wasn't good enough it was obvious exactly what he is at. I wouldn't even be surprised if her attempts at spicing things up in the shower were actually fine but he preferred to act like it was all wrong rather than let her feel any sort of confidence or power. He probably didn't mean to hurt himself but he wasn't willing to let her take that kind of initiative. 

• Love 2