Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, y'all!

It's the world's crappiest bartender here. RL has been kicking my tail, so I haven't been in here in probably three weeks! Relieved to see you haven't been waiting for the Sherlock round to start. LOL

• Love 2

Sorry, man. Someone got me hooked on this kitten feed. We even nicknamed one of the kittens 'Drunk Stacey.' She liked to loll around in the blue chair all day (I would love that life). She's been adopted and gone home with a nice lady now.

OMG. I just found this feed now...MOAR KITTEEZ!

Oh, that was just cruel! I want a kitty....

Yes, we are in the Twilight zone. Team Edward.

*sigh* Really?

I'm with Oinky on this one. Night is different, plus, neither of our mods is a USian, so the weekend isn't that big a deal.

• Love 3

(I recorded this one using my tablet instead of my laptop.  Lemme know what you think.)

I used my tablet for my unboxings.  They do work well.

Speaking of, I got my June crate a little late, so I won't be doing one for it.  But I do have another crate to unbox, so expect a new video in a few days.

Yes, we are in the Twilight zone. Team Edward.

This is why I use the term Dusk instead.  Fewer unfortunate implications.

• Love 6
(edited)

Took Khaleesi to see Pixar's "Inside Out" last night, and it was adorable.  I highly recommend it.  

Also, a Pixar short film before the feature called "Lava" about an ocean volcano dreaming of twu wuv.  Preview here for those looking for "someone to lava."  ;) 

p.s. Twilight Zone marathon today.  

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 4

Night 5

Stormy Seas
Miracle Max was riding the crest of a wave; he was renowned through all Florin and beyond, his services now commanded the highest fee of any Miracle Man and he was respected once again, revered even. He put his feet up on the table in front of where he sat as he pondered this new life, things are definitely on the up and up he mused and chuckled to himself as he took a bite of his delicious MLT sandwich. Max was lost in his quiet reverie for sometime, until a door slammed and brought him back to the real world.
He looked around to see who had disturbed his musings and saw Valerie stood in front of the door, she didn’t look happy.
“Why you gotta interrupt a man’s enjoyment of his lunch?” he asked her irritably.
“Oh that’s nice, enjoying your lunch break are you?” she replied in an icy tone.
“Yes witch I am, now shoo, leave me be” he dismissed her with a handwave.
“Don’t you ‘witch’ me you thoughtless, ignorant, pompous-“ she began.
“Whoa, whoa, look, all I’m trying to do is enjoy my lunch in peace, since when is that a crime?!” he snapped back.
“At least you GET to have a lunch break, some of us don’t have that luxury!” Valerie spat.
“Wait, what? You can have a lunch break, just go down to the palace kitchen and ask for some…” Max told her, feeling confused.
“I know how to get lunch you old fool” she shouted at him, “What I don’t have is the time to do it!!”
“Whaddaya mean you don’t have time? Since when?” he asked her.
By now Valerie’s patience had all but worn out.
“Time, you know, time…the hours, minutes and seconds that make up a day!” she told him sarcastically.
“Yes, yes I know what time is woman! Why don’t you have any?” his own patience beginning to fray.
“Because someone thinks he can just swan in and apply a potion here, a spell there and hey presto! his work for the day is done!” She continued, “Where do you think the ingredients for the spells and potions come from? Out of thin air?! No, it’s left to me to make sure they’re all available, you need to help me you old goat!” she said, her temper rising now. “And now you’re telling me you didn’t even notice I haven’t had a lunchbreak in a week!” she sighed exasperated. “Valerie, you don’t keep a dog and bark yourself” he chuckled at her.
“Oh it’s funny is it!” she replied with a deadly seriousness as her eyes narrowed in his direction. “Well you laugh it up old man, and we’ll see what happens when you don’t have what you need. You’ve changed since you miracled the man in black…and not for the better!” she growled angrily.
“Don’t be ridiculous woman, I’m still the same old me as always” he laughed again.
He ducked as a small potion bottle came whistling past his head, millimeters from it.
“No! No you are not and that is the problem. You used to help me gather the ingredients and make the potions but now you’re too important and grand to do it apparently, so it’s all left to me to do!”
“Well I’m busy with er…other things!” he said smirking at her slightly.
“Soon you will be busy with everything else” she warned him.
“What do you mean??” he asked.
“You’ll see you ungrateful ass!” with that she turned and left the room.
What he doesn’t know is that I’ve received a very attractive offer from another party who wants MY services, and are willing to pay me handsomely for them! she thought irritably.
“I’ll never understand women” Max said aloud to his half eaten sandwich.
Alone in her room Valerie paced back and forth, her mind torn between what she could do and what she should do. He needs to be taught a lesson she decided and began to pack her bag.
At dusk she arrived at the dock, bag in hand and felt triumphantly rebellious. She approached a nearby ship and called out, “I’m looking for First Mate Reynolds” to a sailor she saw on deck.
“Who might you be” he shouted back.
“I’m Valerie, former assistant to Miracle Max” she replied.
“I’m Reynolds, come aboard” Reynolds replied.
Valerie walked up the gangplank and onto the deck.
“Welcome aboard, so, you decided to accept the position of ship’s nurse then?” he shook her offered hand.
“Oh yes. Really it was too good an offer to decline” she smiled amiably.
“Good, good, well you arrived not a moment too soon, we’re about to weigh anchor” he informed her.
With that, the vessel gave a lurch as the massive chain of the anchor began to retract, once it completed its journey the ship slowly edged away from the dock. Valerie stood on the deck watching dry land recede foot by foot. Once out on the open water she turned around and asked, “Could you show me to my cabin please?”
“Certainly” came a reply from behind her.
The voice sounded familiar. She spun around.
There stood the man in black minus his mask.
“Wha…what are you doing here?” she asked in shock.
“This is my ship madam, I’m the Dread Pirate Roberts, welcome aboard The Revenge” he smiled and bowed flamboyantly.

Coronation Chaos
The preparation for the coronation of Prince Humperdinck was in full swing. The cathedral was a hive of activity, clerics were busy cleaning, polishing, rehearsing, hanging banners and generally making sure all would be perfect for this most auspicious of occasions.
The impwessive clergyman was overseeing it all, he would not allow anything to go wrong. He checked over the coronation robes which hung in the room, for the 20th time, ready for the arrival of the Prince on coronation day. The next thing on his agenda was preparing the speech; he sat down at his desk and began to write the words; Siws, I here pwesent unto you King Humpewdinck, youw undoubted King: wherefore all you who are come this day to do your homage and sewvice, are you willing to do the same?" The cwowd then weplies "God save King Humpewdinck".
He paused as an unpleasant thought occurred to him, What if His Woyal Highness is displeased with anything? he quailed at the idea. No! Stop it you fool, nothing will go wrong, it will be pewfect and that’s all thewe is to it! he chided himself. He rose from the desk feeling the need to personally double check the preparations happening in the cathedral once more. Entering the cathedral proper he took in the activity: the cleaning, the polishing of every metal surface, the banners being hung, the painting, the throne being prepared. Everything seemed to be going smoothly and he turned on his heel to walk back from whence he came but stopped mid-step. Wait…PAINTING?! I never authorized any painting! Marching over to the scaffolding where the painter was high up redecorating the walls, he stopped and shouted, “I say, hello up thewe, what awe you doing?!”
The painter couldn’t hear that it was he who was being addressed and continued on with his duties - oblivious.
The Impwessive Clergyman shouted again, this time louder, “HELLO, can you heaw me up there!! Who gave you authowity to be here??!”
The general hubbub in the cathedral added to the distance between them, meant the painter still couldn’t hear him. Irritated the clergyman stopped a passing cleric, “Who gave pewmission for that?!” he asked him, pointing at the painter.
“I-I-I thought you did” he replied confused.
“No, I did not!”
The cleric gave a shrug and hurried away.
In frustration the clergyman grabbed the scaffolding and gave it a shake, which didn’t do much to get the painter's attention but was enough to cause a paint bucket, sitting close to the edge, to topple off and land with a wet splat at the clergyman’s feet - after it had doused his head entirely in paint. Shocked and blinded he turned around a few times and then stumbled backwards into 2 burly workmen who were carrying a large heavy crate filled with who knows what. This took the workmen by surprise and unbalanced, they too swayed and stumbled into the wooden scaffolding breaking one of the lower pieces entirely. Next followed a strained cracking noise, the broken strut caused the whole structure to collapse like a pile of dominoes. As it crashed to the floor, paint flew in all directions, going everywhere. The painter had had the presence of mind to grab the nearest thing before the scaffolding disappeared from under him and was currently hanging from a corbel - leaving his feet dangling in mid air. The clergyman had begun to shout for help, each time he wiped the paint from his eyes more ran down his face to replace it. After a stunned silence a few clerics came running to his assistance and led him away to safety, leaving the cathedral looking like a bad Jackson Pollock painting.

Still Living Happily Ever After:

1. Oinky Boinky
2. Athena
5. The Crazed Spruce
6. stacey
8. Drogo
9. Lady Calypso
10. TJtrack99
12. caprice
14. SVNBob
16. aquarian1
17. egavasc
18. CuriousParker replaced by Jesse

The Mostly ALL Dead:

Jesse – Yellin, Neutral, Recruitable.
You are the leader of The Brute Squad, neither a Hero or Villain unless recruited, until then you may choose to assist the heroes or villains as you see fit. You deal with outlaws and ruffians without mercy as instructed by your superiors. If recruited you will endeavour for your side to win.

Hanged Man – The King, A Hero, Mason with The Queen.
You are an old but kind man, slowly becoming senile, deaf, and difficult to understand… however, you are still King of Florin. Due to your ailing health, you’ve relinquished all but a few of the ruling duties to your son Prince Humperdinck, who has let the power go to his head and now looks to your neighbouring countries with greedy eyes. You have a soft spot in your heart for Buttercup because she once kissed you. Together with The Queen, you form a mason pair and may communicate outside the game thread.

CuriousParker – removed from the game upon request replaced by Jesse.

TMunz - A Florin peasant, a Hero.
One of Florin’s underclass, you’re nothing special (except in that trite “but everyone’s special” kinda way) and you’re none too clean, but you love your country and royal weddings. And food. Of any kind. You’re really not fussy.  You have no powers in this game.

Machiabelly - Westley, a Hero Investigator of sorts.
You are a brave man who left Buttercup to seek your fortune. Later reportedly murdered by the Dread Pirate Roberts, you in fact spent the time away learning everything the world could teach you, with the sole focus of returning to your beloved. Upon your return, you are disguised as the Man in Black, and intent on rescuing Buttercup from the clutches of Prince Humperdinck and any other threat. Because you are only searching for your true love Princess Buttercup, you may enquire of 1 player each night; "Is this my beloved Buttercup?" You will receive one of the following responses: Yes, No or No Result. If/when you do find her you will become a mason pair. Beware! Prince Humperdinck’s henchman searches for you, should he find you Humperdinck would have you tortured, at which time he will ask you(via the game mods) 3 questions, which you must answer truthfully. Find Buttercup fast, there is strength in numbers...

Lisin - Count Rugen, a Villain Protector.
Prince Humperdinck's right-hand man, you are a sadist and wannabe author, torture and pain being your special area of study. In fact, you have designed a diabolical machine to help you in your quest to learn everything there is to know about the maximum amount of pain a person can bear, as you believe these findings will be your legacy. Your biggest mistake in life was to murder Inigo Montoya's father... it has lead to his life long crusade to seek you out and make you more than a little bit dead. It’s not easy for you to hide your identity, as you are a unique man who has 6 fingers on his right hand.
As a Protector, you must choose a different player to protect each night. If Westley is handed over to you, you will torture him; you will be able to ask him 3 questions (via the game mods), which he must answer truthfully, he then automatically becomes your team's nightkill that night.

MarkHB - Vizzini, a Villain Investigator.
Owing to your brilliance, there is no doubt in your mind that you are the world’s #1 criminal genius. Being short of stature and also of temper due to your Sicilian blood, you sometimes misuse words in frustration if your plans are thwarted. A smug, ruthless man, you cannot refuse a battle of wits, even to the death, as you know you shall always win.
As an investigator, each night you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mods. Should you find Westley you will hand him over to Prince Humperdinck for questioning. You will get results back in the form of Name & alignment or No Result.

Dougal - Valerie, a Hero.

Although professed to be one by your husband Miracle Max, you are in fact, not a witch. You merely impersonate one; because all Miracle Men must have a witch assistant. You are indeed, the woman behind the man. You have stood by this man ... even though his confidence has been shattered since being fired by Prince Humperdinck. You know the greatest gift in life is to possess true love. You are a vanilla hero, however, IF certain pre-defined conditions are met, you have a dormant power that will be activated.

Night is official ... you have 24 hours from now to turn in your night actions.

There are no clues in this story.

• Love 1

Really 24 hours? Some of us went away because nothing was happening.  When does the 24 hours end? 

24hrs is standard for a Night. It is the players responsibility to check this thread regularly. 24hrs ends 24hrs from when the story went up as stated.

Thanks.

• Love 1

Everyone:

Please remember that the overall Previously.TV rules apply in this forum as much as they do anywhere else on the site; this particularly includes those related to being respectful of other posters, whether they be players, game mods, ghosts or innocent bystanders, at all times.  Thank you for your consideration.

Also: The fact that I am the official Mod of "Fun 'n' Games" means only that I am responsible for enforcing site policy and doing whatever normal housekeeping needs to be done.  I am explicitly not a court of appeal, in any way, shape or form, regarding in-game decisions; game mods retain 100% and final authority over their games.

Game On!

• Love 3

I can't believe MarkHB gets to be "The Official Mod of Fun & Games."  That's basically the best job title ever.  

I'm not taking this lying down. From now on, everyone please call me "Mafia Batman."  

• Love 6

From now on, everyone please call me "Mafia Batman."  

How do your parents feel about this? ;)

So I was able to go on vacation, come back, and only miss one Day? Interesting. :)

• Love 3

You mean something like this?

"My name is Mafia Batman.  You killed my parents.  Prepare to die."

NOTE: I don't know anything; this isn't giving anything away, I would never do that.

• Love 6

My parents were murdered outside of a theater by thieves.  Thanks for bringing that up. 

Poor Drogo. *hugs* 

Possibly off-topic statement: That's part of what I liked best about Gotham, was seeing more of the immediate fallout for Bruce and everyone.

• Love 2
(edited)

*tranforms into Glory, smiles deviously and hugs back*

Hmmmm. One the one hand, a much more attractive form to me. On the other, there's an 83% chance she'll try to kill me. Worth the risk? Perhaps.

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 2

Not grey, but beyond adorable.

GAb14Ih.jpg

Very cute, indeed. I still prefer the darker cats. I want a tortoiseshell, grey or black kitten that I can name Circe.

Well, as you know, 94% of statistics are made up on the spot. So...

And 37% of all statisticians say that your statistics are nonsense.

• Love 3

Day 6

Off With Her Head or Not?

“So who was it, have you found out yet?” the Prince asked, his eyes narrowed with quiet fury.
The captain of the guard hesitated to answer.
“Your Highness” he coughed.
“What is your problem? Out with it!” Humperdinck demanded.
“Maybe you should read this, Your Highness” the captain held out a parchment.
Humperdinck eyed him irritably as he snatched the proffered document from the captain’s hand; unfurling it, he quickly read the false pardon. He let out a sigh, the interfering old fool; I should have known it would happen sooner or later, she never did understand me he thought to himself.
“Treason is treason, arrest her.”
“Your…Your Highness?” the captain spluttered, shocked.
“You heard me, arrest my mother!”

The Queen sat sewing in her chambers with her ladies-in-waiting, all of them clucking away happily. A sudden loud banging on the door silenced them.  This was promptly followed up with 3 palace guards bursting into the room, causing the ladies to gasp and start in shock.

“Your Royal Highness must come with us” the guard informed her.
“For what purpose?” she asked, a crease forming between her brows.
“Your Highness is under arrest” the guard calmly told her.
The ladies collectively gasped.
“Under arrest? There must be some mistake. On whose orders?” she questioned them.
“His Royal Highness Prince Humperdinck” he replied.
“My son??? With what am I charged exactly??” the Queen asked, shocked.
The guard stepped forward, “Treason” he said simply as he grasped her arm and led her away.

Appreciating the irony, the Queen found herself in the very same cell from where she had rescued the old woman, she was now paying the price for it but she didn’t regret helping her. I would do it again she thought resolutely to herself.
The door opened and her son entered “Mother, I am not surprised but I am very disappointed” he rebuked her.
“Now you have some small inkling of how I’ve felt about you all these years” she rebuffed him quietly.
“My own mother betraying me, tsk, what am I to do with you?” he said, as he paced in front of her.
“I assume you will force me to sit through a trial as punishment” she replied bitterly.
“Oh no, mother, no trial is necessary. You’re guilty of high treason, we have all the evidence required” he informed her haughtily.
The Queen simply watched him.
“I will consider what must be done and return to you tomorrow” without another word he turned and exited as swiftly as he had entered.
The Queen spent a chilly, sleepless night in the small, dark cell and watched through the barred window as the sun rose, gradually bathing the city in bright sunlight. It was high in the sky by the time her son returned. 
He strode imperiously into her cell, “As I told you yesterday mother, no trial is necessary in cases of high treason where there is sufficient evidence. I could have you executed right now if I so chose” he apprised her. “However”, he continued
“I am prepared to be merciful, but there are conditions”.
“Which are?” she asked, awaiting the sting in the tail.
“First you must publicly apologise for disobeying me, then you will be allowed to live out the rest of the days you have left in a convent, where you can cause me no further…awkwardness” he looked at her with a grin of smug satisfaction.
The Queen sat silent for a time, considering this turn of events and the choices she faced. Her mind made up she simply replied “No”.
Humperdinck, who had his back to her, jerked his head around, “Did you just say no?!” he asked, shocked.
“My answer is no” his mother repeated.
“What do you mean, ‘no’?” he hissed.
“I mean I will not do it” she said defiantly.
Humperdinck’s face darkened as his jaw flexed angrily “I show you mercy and you throw it back in my face!!” he shouted.
The Queen was unmoved and simply sat looking him in the eye, refusing to be cowed by his rage.
“That was your one and only chance, there will not be another!! If you choose death, so be it!!!” he told her furiously before storming from the cell.
She wants to call my bluff, she will be in for a shock once she realises I’m not bluffing he thought ferociously as he strutted back to his chambers.
As he sat down at his desk to write out the order of execution, he thought to himself, I cannot be seen to allow such defiance and disrespect even from my own mother, no, especially from my own mother. The realm must know that traitors will not be permitted to go unpunished. He finished and fixed his seal on it.
The following morning the Queen awoke to the sound of her cell door being unlocked; a servant entered with a tray of food and placed it on the floor. The Queen understood what such a grand breakfast must indicate and found she had little appetite. An hour passed and the cell door was unlocked once again, this time 2 guards stood in the doorway, “It is time for you to accompany us” one said. The Queen rose and approached them with all the dignity she could muster. The bright sunlight in the courtyard blinded her briefly, having spent most of the last two days in a dim cell. It wasn’t until she was almost upon it that her sight had adjusted sufficiently for her to see the fate that awaited her; a headman’s block.
Her knees almost buckled under her but she would not give her tyrant of a son the satisfaction of seeing her fear; she had spotted him watching from an open window above. The spectators were silent; none of the usual insults or cheers at the condemned could be heard as she stepped up onto the platform. Shaking, she knelt in front of the reddish and worn wooden block as the charge of treason was read aloud beside her, but she didn’t hear the words. Instead, her eyes scanned the crowd and she spotted a few of her ladies crying and gave them a little smile. A hand pushed her forward and she bent, laying her neck across the hollowed out area of the block. As the sword made its arc through the air, she heard someone in the crowd yell “Death to Humperd-”

Still Living Happily Ever After:

1. Oinky Boinky
2. Athena
5. The Crazed Spruce
6. stacey
8. Drogo
9. Lady Calypso
10. TJtrack99

14. SVNBob
16. aquarian1
17. egavasc
18. CuriousParker replaced by Jesse

The Mostly ALL Dead:

Jesse – Yellin, Neutral, Recruitable.
You are the leader of The Brute Squad, neither a Hero or Villain unless recruited, until then you may choose to assist the heroes or villains as you see fit. You deal with outlaws and ruffians without mercy as instructed by your superiors. If recruited you will endeavour for your side to win.

Hanged Man – The King, A Hero, Mason with The Queen.
You are an old but kind man, slowly becoming senile, deaf, and difficult to understand… however, you are still King of Florin. Due to your ailing health, you’ve relinquished all but a few of the ruling duties to your son Prince Humperdinck, who has let the power go to his head and now looks to your neighbouring countries with greedy eyes. You have a soft spot in your heart for Buttercup because she once kissed you. Together with The Queen, you form a mason pair and may communicate outside the game thread.

CuriousParker – removed from the game upon request replaced by Jesse.

TMunz - A Florin peasant, a Hero.
One of Florin’s underclass, you’re nothing special (except in that trite “but everyone’s special” kinda way) and you’re none too clean, but you love your country and royal weddings. And food. Of any kind. You’re really not fussy.  You have no powers in this game.

Machiabelly - Westley, a Hero Investigator of sorts.
You are a brave man who left Buttercup to seek your fortune. Later reportedly murdered by the Dread Pirate Roberts, you in fact spent the time away learning everything the world could teach you, with the sole focus of returning to your beloved. Upon your return, you are disguised as the Man in Black, and intent on rescuing Buttercup from the clutches of Prince Humperdinck and any other threat. Because you are only searching for your true love Princess Buttercup, you may enquire of 1 player each night; "Is this my beloved Buttercup?" You will receive one of the following responses: Yes, No or No Result. If/when you do find her you will become a mason pair. Beware! Prince Humperdinck’s henchman searches for you, should he find you Humperdinck would have you tortured, at which time he will ask you(via the game mods) 3 questions, which you must answer truthfully. Find Buttercup fast, there is strength in numbers...

Lisin - Count Rugen, a Villain Protector.
Prince Humperdinck's right-hand man, you are a sadist and wannabe author, torture and pain being your special area of study. In fact, you have designed a diabolical machine to help you in your quest to learn everything there is to know about the maximum amount of pain a person can bear, as you believe these findings will be your legacy. Your biggest mistake in life was to murder Inigo Montoya's father... it has lead to his life long crusade to seek you out and make you more than a little bit dead. It’s not easy for you to hide your identity, as you are a unique man who has 6 fingers on his right hand.
As a Protector, you must choose a different player to protect each night. If Westley is handed over to you, you will torture him; you will be able to ask him 3 questions (via the game mods), which he must answer truthfully, he then automatically becomes your team's nightkill that night.

MarkHB - Vizzini, a Villain Investigator.
Owing to your brilliance, there is no doubt in your mind that you are the world’s #1 criminal genius. Being short of stature and also of temper due to your Sicilian blood, you sometimes misuse words in frustration if your plans are thwarted. A smug, ruthless man, you cannot refuse a battle of wits, even to the death, as you know you shall always win.
As an investigator, each night you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mods. Should you find Westley you will hand him over to Prince Humperdinck for questioning. You will get results back in the form of Name & alignment or No Result.

Dougal - Valerie, a Hero.
Although professed to be one by your husband Miracle Max, you are in fact, not a witch. You merely impersonate one; because all Miracle Men must have a witch assistant. You are indeed, the woman behind the man. You have stood by this man ... even though his confidence has been shattered since being fired by Prince Humperdinck. You know the greatest gift in life is to possess true love. You are a vanilla hero, however, IF certain pre-defined conditions are met, you have a dormant power that will be activated.

caprice - The Queen, A Hero, Mason with The King.

You are The Queen, a Hero and mason with The King. As the kind but elderly queen of Florin and Humperdinck's stepmother you have no real power in the land, and are content to while away your days

with other noblewomen in ladylike pursuits such as sewing, flower arranging and gossiping. Together with Hanged Man, The King, you form a mason pair and may communicate outside the thread.

You have 48hrs for discussion. If a minimum of 50% of the players have joined a lynch by the time that deadline arrives Day will be extended.

There is ONE clue in the story.

6 votes are required to complete a DL.

My poor caprice hasn't survived a single game since she asked me to join Mafia.   I guess I can kiss that holiday invite goodbye...

I will (try to!) avenge you!!!  

• Love 1

“Which are?” she asked, awaiting the sting in the tail.

So, possible clue here?

Stuck out to me as well.  

Could be a Scorpio reference.  Scorpio and Aquarius are both signs of the zodiac.  

Thoughts, aquarian1?