Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Joining of Unlike Things

Bort
  • Start Topic

Philo investigates the murder of his childhood headmaster. Vignette ingratiates herself into the Black Raven. Imogen hatches a plan to help her brother. Breakspear goes on the offensive with Longerbane.

Airdate: Friday, August 30, 2019

Okay, am I the only one dreading seeing the result of this experiment in the joining of a fish and a mole?  And that scene where Philo's . . . uh . . . "contribution" to the experiment was obtained . . . that was disturbing.  I sure hope whatever is the result of that experiment is something that can be killed.  Otherwise Philo will be stuck with a pretty shitty "pet" for the rest of his life.

I really hate the way the Queen of the Fairies (Black Raven chapter) was so quick to threaten de-winging one of her own.  Wings are fairies' defining characteristic so that was some ruthless shit she was threatening Vignette with.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Oh, Piety!  Your plan was executed damn new flawlessly, but apparently you didn't consider that it would have been wise not to bring your high heels with you when you silently torment your son that you kidnapped, because now it is looking like Jonah is putting the pieces together.  I can only imagine what will happen if Chancellor find outs (other than his heartbreak that he sacrificed his beloved bear for no reason!)

With their rival out of the way, I"m guessing we're going to be seeing more of this Sophie character played by Caroline Ford.  Granted, I don't see her shedding too many tears over her dad since he apparently really sucked, but I suspect she'll have a part to play.

The scene with Philo and the Haruspex was... something.

Imogen and Agreus are preparing to work together.  Have a feeling she's going to have to deal with her angry brother over this soon.

Vignette and Philo have now moved into the "hiding a dead body together" stage, already.  Yep, they'll be back together in no time!

• Love 7
22 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Vignette and Philo have now moved into the "hiding a dead body together" stage, already.  Yep, they'll be back together in no time!

I feel sorry for Portia, because I can't imagine this will end well for her, but the billing order of the cast doesn't lie.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Looks like Imogen and Agreus are going to work together to both get what they want, even if her crappy brother will certainly be pissed off like the whiny asshole that he is.

So Vignette and Philo are now killing people and disposing of bodies together, so we know that their going to get back together soon! The couple that hides bodies together stays together! I do feel bad for Portia though, she seems to really like Philo and is going to get her heart broken.

• Love 1

This got me thinking about fish, and how they won't breed out of their own sub-species.  In Asia they're always trying to cross them however, and have been "successful" in a few cases.  The problem is these hybrids are rather freakish and their behavior can be unpredictable.  They're usually infertile too, which is just as well.  The popular "Blood Parrot" is an example, and yes I have one but I feel guilty about it.

carnival4bbb.thumb.jpg.21fd65fafa5c9ca5e1dcfbf8e475f670.jpg

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/3/2019 at 10:44 PM, tennisgurl said:

even if her crappy brother will certainly be pissed off like the whiny asshole that he is.

lol The actor seems to play those parts often. He was Bonny Prince Charlie in Outlander, and a fool there too. Coincidentally, the actress playing the part of Imogen’s faun housekeeper I’m pretty sure played Mrs. Graham in Outlander. Took me awhile to place her, I knew I’d seen her somewhere before. 

• Love 4
On 9/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, ferjy said:

lol The actor seems to play those parts often. He was Bonny Prince Charlie in Outlander, and a fool there too. Coincidentally, the actress playing the part of Imogen’s faun housekeeper I’m pretty sure played Mrs. Graham in Outlander. Took me awhile to place her, I knew I’d seen her somewhere before. 

I can't stand either Imogen or her brother and I'm not really sure what their purpose is.  Is it to show that nasty people with prejudices can overcome those prejudices when they realise they aren't as great as they think they are, and begin to treat everyone nicely and equally?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I can't stand either Imogen or her brother and I'm not really sure what their purpose is.  Is it to show that nasty people with prejudices can overcome those prejudices when they realise they aren't as great as they think they are, and begin to treat everyone nicely and equally?

It allows a glimpse into the rich upper crust of society. I think it is to show that it is easy to hate people you don't know, if you get to know them you might find out you have a lot in common. Imogen was saying all of her hate speech right in front of her maid, so does she feel that way about the maid as well. It is also to broaden the world view, since Imogen will be doing a lot of traveling and you get to see what peccadilloes the rest of the world has to offer.

• Love 1