Type keyword(s) to search

Doom Patrol In The Media: The Beginning of the End?

• Start Topic

I think like the Witcher that has an 18 year old playing a 12 year old. It's the maturity of the show that they need someone old enough to handle the themes of the show rather than casting an actual child. Plus I think Dorothy may look 11 but actually be a lot older. They are all immortal on this show. 

• Love 1

Not only the maturity of the show, but the work rules for minors are super strict (I remember the leaked call sheet for Titans that specifically referred to such and such a time for Teagan Croft as "pumpkin").  That may be part of why Raven gets used sparingly on that show. 

• Love 1

Season 2 starts June 25th! Happy, but I'm pretty sure the show shut down prematurely in March, so I don't know if they got to finish filming the season or not.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Season 2 starts June 25th! Happy, but I'm pretty sure the show shut down prematurely in March, so I don't know if they got to finish filming the season or not.

Hey, it’s my birthday. 

Looking forward to S2.

• Love 2

I logged into HBO Max and the only DC Universe Series on there was Doom Patrol. So don't give up your subscription to DC Universe just yet. I was very disappointed, there was nowhere near as much content as I hoped.

• Love 2

DC’s strangest group of heroes — Cliff Steele aka Robotman (Brendan Fraser), Larry Trainor aka Negative Man (Matt Bomer), Rita Farr aka Elasti-Woman (April Bowlby), Jane aka Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero), and Victor Stone aka Cyborg (Joivan Wade) — are back again to save the world. That is, if they can find a way to grow up…both figuratively and literally. Following the defeat of Mr. Nobody, the members of the Doom Patrol now find themselves mini-sized and stranded on Cliff’s toy race car track. Here they begin to deal with their feelings of betrayal by Niles Caulder aka The Chief (Timothy Dalton), while confronting their own personal baggage. And as each member faces the challenge of growing beyond their own past traumatic experiences, they must come together to embrace and protect the newest member of the family: Dorothy Spinner (Abigail Shapiro), Niles’ daughter, whose powers remain a mysterious but real threat to bringing on the end of the world.

Doom Patrol To Stream First Three Season 1 Episodes For Free

Now Warner is set to expand that comfort zone a little more by making some episodes of HBO Max’s Doom Patrol available to all for free in advance of the show’s second season premiere. On Monday, June 22 at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT, the first three episodes of Doom Patrol season 1 will be available on DC and Rooster Teeth’s YouTube channels outside of HBO Max’s paywall

If you watch Doom Patrol on HBO Max on a browser on your computer, there is a video called Doom Patrol: Season 1 Recap there. Unfortunately there is almost no way to access this video as there are almost no links to it and it doesn't appear when you search for it. Here is the link:

https://play.hbomax.com/extra/urn:hbo:extra:GXvO2xAbGiMJZjgEAAAJt

Here is a website that also wrote a recap of Season One of Doom Patrol which also has links to more detailed recaps of all the episodes.

Doom Patrol Season 1 Recap

• Useful 1

Doom Patrol content at FanDome: https://schedule.dcfandome.com/

Doom Patrol - Panel

Saturday, Sep 12 - 1:00 PM - Sunday, Sep 13 - 1:00 PM
WatchVerse

From DC FanDome to FanDOOM! Join the “world’s strangest heroes” — the Doom Patrol — for a deep-dive discussion into the beloved and bizarre series. Panel will feature executive producers Jeremy Carver and Chris Dingess, co-executive producer Tamara Becher-Wilkinson, and series stars Matt Bomer, Diane Guerrero, April Bowlby, Joivan Wade, Timothy Dalton, Karen Obilom, Abigail Shapiro, Riley Shanahan and Matthew Zuk.
35 min

Doom Patrol - Joivan Wade Answers Fan Questions

YouVerse

Doom Patrol star Joivan Wade answers a fan’s question about Victor Stone’s mental health.

1 min

I'm Latinx, What's Your Superpower? - Panel

WatchVerse

Join Diane Guerrero, one of the stars of Doom Patrol, and Ben Lopez, executive director of the National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), as they discuss what it’s like being Latinx in Hollywood, playing a Super Hero, and how they both harness the power of their voice to effect change!
15 min

Stars from DCTV Series React to Fan Art

YouVerse

Stars of The Flash, Doom Patrol, Titans, Teen Titans Go!, and Batwoman react to fan art. 4 min

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, kieyra said:

@Trini You terrified me by bumping the thread, I was sure this was cancellation news. 🙂

They'll NEVER tell us how it ends!  🙂

Incidentally, the FanDome events for this weekend are, so far as I know, all On-Demand so you can mix and match as you like rather than sitting in your chair watching for 8 hours straight.

• Useful 1

‘Doom Patrol’ Renewed for Season 3 at HBO Max

Get ready for more superhero adventures: “Doom Patrol” has been renewed for a third season on HBO Max.

“On behalf of the wonderful cast, writers and crew, we are thrilled and grateful for the opportunity to return to Doom Manor. And we are especially thankful for our partners at Berlanti Productions, Warner Bros. Television, DC Universe and, of course, HBO Max,” said executive producer Jeremy Carver.

Fuck yeah.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

‘Doom Patrol’: Michelle Gomez Joins Season 3 As Series Regular, Will Play Madame Rouge

Doom Patrol has found its Madame Rouge in The Flight Attendant‘s Michelle Gomez.

Gomez, who also appeared as Madam Satan in Netflix’s Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, will join as a series regular and act alongside Diane Guerrero, April Bowlby and Matt Bomer in Doom Patrol season 3.  She will appear as the DC Universe’s complicated and electrifying eccentric, who arrives at Doom Manor with a very specific mission… if only she could remember it.

I love her so much, since Green Wing days. She was one of the best parts of Sabrina for me. 

Doom Patrol Reportedly Casts DC's Dead Boy Detectives for Season 3

Production of Season Two was shut down prematurely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the season ending on an unresolved cliffhanger after nine out of ten episodes were shot. However, the show was picked up for a third season in Sep. 2020 and production was announced to have started this past January.

Doom Patrol has reportedly cast Sebastian Croft and Ty Tennant to play Edwin Paine and Charles Rowland, the Dead Boy Detectives, two adolescent boys who died sometime during the early 20th Century and, rather than move on to the afterlife, chose to stay on Earth as spirits and solve supernatural crimes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

‘Dead Boy Detectives’ HBO Max Pilot Sets Main Cast (EXCLUSIVE)

Not the best place for this news, but since the “Dead Boy Detectives” appeared on Doom Patrol, some people may be interested.

Dead-Boy-Detectives-cast.jpg?w=681&h=383

L-R    George Rexstrew,    Jayden Revri,   Kassius Nelson

George Rexstrew will play Charles Rowland, Jayden Revri will play Edwin Paine, and Kassius Nelson will play Crystal Palace.

Charles Rowland and Edwin Pain are two boys who have died, but decided not to enter the afterlife in order to stay on earth and open the Dead Boy Detective Agency to investigate crimes involving the supernatural. They are joined by Crystal Palace, a living psychic medium. 

Additional cast includes:

Alexander Calvert as Thomas The Cat King.

Briana Cuoco as Jenny, a mildly punk butcher and a confidant of Crystal Palace.

Jenn Lyon as Esther, a witch obsessed with youth and immortality.

Yuyu Kitamura as Niko, a boarding school student intent on joining the Dead Boy Detectives agency who now lives above Jenny’s butcher shop.

Ruth Connell will play Night Nurse, a demon that controls the flow of souls in the afterlife, she played the same character in the DC series “Doom Patrol” on HBO Max.

The Dead Boy Detectives would be a one hour TV Series on HBO Max.

• Love 1

Doom Patrol Season 4      December 8    HBO Max   12 episodes   2 episode Premiere 

In the upcoming fourth season, the team unexpectedly travels to the future to find an unwelcome surprise. Faced with their imminent demise, the Doom Patrol must decide once and for all which is more important: their own happiness or the fate of the world?

They will show 6 episodes before taking a break to return in 2023. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1