Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Amanda Beard / Heidi & Spencer Pratt

Amanda Beard leaves her secluded cottage home and outdoor lifestyle near Seattle and swaps places with Heidi Pratt, who lives a more social life filled with shopping adventures and nightclub outings in Santa Barbara, Cal.
(edited)

Oh good lord I could not care less about Speidi I am so happy I forgot about them. How in the world do they consume enough money to keep a dozen families afloat.  Can they possibly think it will last forever?  Spencer needs a big smackdown. And dude, if you think being a thug will bring you money to live on the beach, think again.  Nobody's hiring you idiots. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

There was an E! special on Speidi about 6 months ago I saw and they were saying it was pretty much all an act and he appeared somewhat human. He was cautious to have kids because as he said, would you want to be Speidi's kid?

How old is Heidi? She seems like she stopped maturing at about 17. She'd be a great babysitter, but needs to get passed the "cutesy" part of having kids.  It was almost "Hand That Rocks The Cradle" creepiness with the family photos with everyone dressed alike. Why would they want photos with another woman in the picture? I'm sure her plan to kill Amanda in her sleep will be hashed soon.

And Heidi is joining the club in my head with Chelsea from Teen Mom and Karina from I Want To Marry Harry of girls that end their sentences with "uhhh". Nooo-uh! Because-uh!

Next week, Penn Jillette! While I like him, he is kind of making the reality show rounds with a goal it seems to be on each one.

• Love 2
There was an E! special on Speidi about 6 months ago I saw and they were saying it was pretty much all an act and he appeared somewhat human.

Yes, ever since they got booted from The Hills and lost all their money they've been strangely normal. Spencer just graduated college and they're pretty much home bodies now that the paparazzi don't care about them. The "lifestyle" Spencer showed Amanda during his rule days was really more their old life I think.

Now the bigger difference between the couples is that Heidi and Spencer don't have kids yet..and I thought it was odd that Amanda was pushing him into it. I think he's only 30 and she's 28 so they have plenty of time. To me it's wise, not selfish, to be honest about not being ready.

• Love 2
(edited)

Now the bigger difference between the couples is that Heidi and Spencer don't have kids yet..and I thought it was odd that Amanda was pushing him into it. I think he's only 30 and she's 28 so they have plenty of time. To me it's wise, not selfish, to be honest about not being ready.

I know, what was that? Maybe Heidi's manual said, "please make him want to have cute babies I can dress up!"  I think his answers on the E Special spoke a lot, the poor kid will be teased from having Speidi as his parents.

People often look down on kidless people and assume they'll be lonely later on. I don't understand wanting to be kidless as I have 2 of my own, but if someone chooses to be that way, that's their decision. Whether people agree or not is not their business. I'd rather someone admit they're just not fond of children and not have kids, then have kids for the wrong reason (to dress up, to look more stable, to save a marriage) and the poor child is the one that suffers in that situation.

Spencer just graduated college and they're pretty much home bodies now that the paparazzi don't care about them.

Don't they live in like a guest house of his parents? They pretty much went broke and had to move in with his folks a few years ago.

I will say, I don't understand the crystal collection. It's pretty, sure, but to admire it and stare at it? I don't know about that...

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 2

I've seen some of those interviews in which Speidi seemed more normal and not as obnoxious.  I don't know if I ever bought it, though.  Spencer is just not a likeable guy, in any way.  Some situations are played up for the cameras, of course, but I don't think he is that good of an actor to merely pretend to be so awful.

Heidi is vapid and immature and all of that, but I think that she is probably a sweet person deep down, who happened to get hooked up with a controlling husband who wants a trophy wife.  I can just picture him dictating her every move, and her being the obedient little woman. 

I think Heidi is very lucky that she has not had children with Spencer yet.  The last thing she needs is something to tie her to Spencer Pratt for the rest of her life, after she finally matures and realizes who she married, then tries to escape in the middle of the night.

I think that Spencer and Courtney Stodden would be a better match at this point, quite frankly.  I think Courtney would fit right into his "A-List life."

• Love 2
(edited)

Really surprised, but I kind of liked this episode...

I liked the way that Amanda pushed Spencer to his limits like "U wanna do it ? So stop talking, and act !" ... And, most of all, I loved the "kick-butts" t-shirt ! Will do one for me, with : "Yes, girls kick guy's butts. Do you REALLY wanna try ?" :)

Like Sherry67 wrote, it's quite a good new that they still don't have a child together. Run, Heidi, run ! This guy is a too immature and selfish to share anything with anyone anytime. But, to my own surprise, I discovered that you didn't seem to be a lost cause.

... And, of course, I really liked the Beard's house. Not the furniture, but the location <3. And liked their "functioning" team way.

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 1

So... the whole lifestyle of Spiedi was fake?  That wasn't their home and they don't go out every night?  Irritating that they wouldn't just show their life as it is and maybe include her wanting to have children vs his not and maybe her eyes being opened that babysitting and actually raising children are two different things entirely! 

Also... Amanda's hubby creeped me out some.  He was so negative and dull.  You don't want to shave your beard?  Just say no to that and move on, don't do it and moan around about how you didn't want to do it, blah,blah,blah.  And just what does he do all day?  I didn't understand his need to have Amanda help him outside so much, even to the point of strapping the baby to herself and raking.  My hubby can rake the yard by himself-- and hold down an away from the home job!  ;)   I wasn't that impressed with his photo skills-- maybe he's just as big of a wanna be as Spence and the outdoors and fishing are his escape, like partying and crystals were for Spenser.  Who knows when they script the show!  He may be a part time logger for all we know.

• Love 2
On 6/30/2014 at 9:11 PM, stcroix said:

So... the whole lifestyle of Spiedi was fake?  That wasn't their home and they don't go out every night?  Irritating that they wouldn't just show their life as it is and maybe include her wanting to have children vs his not and maybe her eyes being opened that babysitting and actually raising children are two different things entirely! 

Also... Amanda's hubby creeped me out some.  He was so negative and dull.  You don't want to shave your beard?  Just say no to that and move on, don't do it and moan around about how you didn't want to do it, blah,blah,blah.  And just what does he do all day?  I didn't understand his need to have Amanda help him outside so much, even to the point of strapping the baby to herself and raking.  My hubby can rake the yard by himself-- and hold down an away from the home job!  ;)   I wasn't that impressed with his photo skills-- maybe he's just as big of a wanna be as Spence and the outdoors and fishing are his escape, like partying and crystals were for Spenser.  Who knows when they script the show!  He may be a part time logger for all we know.

I was thinking the same thing.  I hate Speidi, but why the heck did Amanda's husband not have time for his "photography career"?  It's nice that he is a handy, but I wish that they would just admit that he has a pretty sweet life on his wife's wealth. 

• Love 1