Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: We'll Let the Peasants Fight for Last Place

• Start Topic

So was anyone else singing "Funicular, funiculay, funiculiiiii!" in an operatic voice?  No, just me?

In other news, Edmonton got a really nice edit in this ep.  Irina and David, not so much. 

• Love 1

They should never have twists like that blind.

I've a feeling the leg was made to look harder than it actually was.

They are going outside of Canadian culture now and it's probably necessary by this season, but that also shows what they are missing not going abroad and having direct interaction with different people from different cultures.

• Love 1

I've noticed that Jon keeps saying "...then X will give them their clue." I like that they are introducing people with their name.

David and Irina are SO cocky and arrogant that I'm guessing that they probably don't win the whole shebang and are getting the villian edit. They are just too "in your face."

• Love 2

I do not like the design of the race, though. Why give only two first teams the first flight right at the beginning of the leg? That ensures that the first two teams from the last leg will get that flight and get 2.5 hours advantage.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, TV Anonymous said:

I do not like the design of the race, though. Why give only two first teams the first flight right at the beginning of the leg? That ensures that the first two teams from the last leg will get that flight and get 2.5 hours advantage.

I didn't like that either - I felt it was too lopsided.  Since that sign up board was at the very beginning of the leg, it was almost guaranteed that the top two teams from the last leg would be able to sign up first and stretch out their lead into this leg.

Put half of the teams on one flight and the other half on the other flight.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, aemom said:

I didn't like that either - I felt it was too lopsided.  Since that sign up board was at the very beginning of the leg, it was almost guaranteed that the top two teams from the last leg would be able to sign up first and stretch out their lead into this leg.

Put half of the teams on one flight and the other half on the other flight.

Yes, or at least have a task that might result in a position shuffle before the flight. 

• Love 4

Was John in the 2010 Olympics? 

Bummer for Gilles, but watching Sean scowl at him during the detour made me almost glad they were going to get eliminated. It's uncomfortable viewing for me when someone comes on with an older person and then gets impatient with them when they take longer at a task or can't run fast enough or whatever. To his credit though, Sean got over it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

February 12 - 28, 2010.

I was working at BC Place at the time, and was in the green room for the Opening Ceremonies. Not long before that, they broadcast that poor guy (sorry, I don't know my winter sports) who was either bobcat/skeleton, not sure, who broke his neck and died during a practice run that afternoon.